Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 381 to 400 of 803

Kidfried

@DerMeister I don't really care about Sony's business, but I do care where it stands for. When I decided to buy the PlayStation 4 vs. the other consoles at the time, I didn't only compare the announced games and specs, but also where these companies want to go in a broader sense.

To me, PlayStation for the last twenty years, is where I want gaming to be headed. They care for money, sure, but they also have a vision on gaming as a whole. And I care for the company because it has a vision I sshare. Games are art, not products or mere fun.

This is the reason I want Sony to do well, honestly. I could care less about anyone's pay check, but I do care about the future of gaming.

So, yeah, it is way different to buying a new coffee maker or something for me.

Kidfried

DerMeister

@Kidfried I think that's a good reason to care about a company. And again, I have nothing against the game companies, I just can't bring myself to care about their non gaming endeavors, or their spokespeople. I certainly don't want them to fail, in fact I hope all three succeed. Optimistic yes, but if all three do their best, I think gaming would get much better.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

Zukato

Persona 3 FES is the best installment in the series. Granted, I haven't played the first two games, but out of a comparison between P4 and P5 for the most part.

Zukato

PSN: ZukatoNokuchiku | Twitter:

KALofKRYPTON

Did anyone see the Aliens Colonial Marines AI fix news for PC?

A modder working on an overhaul build for the game found a single letter typo in the xeno AI code. The error essentially removes all awareness of the environment from the alien AI (wall, ceiling, tunnel positions relative to the player) which is what caused them to behave like redshirts.
Saw some video of it running with the code fixed, the difference is pretty shocking.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

LieutenantFatman

@KALofKRYPTON
Wow, that is pretty crazy. Sadly only one of many many problems with the game. I guess with how it was rushed out in an attempt to avoid a lawsuit, it's almost inevitable something so simple was missed.

LieutenantFatman

KALofKRYPTON

@LieutenantFatman I forget where, but I read a pretty extensive piece regarding it a few years ago.
Largely it was Gearbox's fault for farming out so much of the game while they concentrated on their own IP, but Sega were pretty awful too; constantly altering what sort of game they wanted and how they wanted the story to play out once it became franchise canon.

Shame. They should've given it to Rebellion. Their AVP games were great.

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

KALofKRYPTON

Unpopular gaming opinion: Lair (PS3) was a pretty good game, sixaxis control and all.

I really loved Lair. It was gorgeous, cinematic, beautifully scored and essentially Factor 5's Rogue Squadron on dragons.

It wasn't perfect, but every review pointed at the sixaxis motion controls as the chief weakness of the game. I found this pretty annoying, as I felt it really added to the sense that you were trying to control your dragon rather than just pushing a stick to move. When analogue control was eventually patched in it really took away from that feeling (I had discovered that analogue control was possible before that; remote play via the PSP set up controller 2 as playable and this defaulted the control scheme to use the analogue stick).

Jaz007

@KALofKRYPTON Agreed, it was good game. Very cool concept. The motion controls were awesome and they should do something like that again. Or better yet, make sequel in the $40 range. The only problem I had was when you had to rip something off a wall or something and shake the controller violently as possible. I always got a headache from those. Iā€™d even go to say that the game is killed by using an analogue stick. I tried it out for a moment and hated it.

Backkoggery ID: Jaz007

KALofKRYPTON

@Jaz007 I even liked that it was the same engine and even reskinned front end from Rogue Leader! lol

Such a shame about Factor 5 getting in bed with Brash Entertainment.

themcnoisy

@KALofKRYPTON Ahhhh ok now I see why it would be a great. That brings me onto a really controversial point.

The Gamecube had the best launch line-up triumvirate of games ever;

Rogue Squadron 2: Rogue Leader
Super Monkey Ball
Luigis mansion

Rogue Squadron 2 was an absolute revelation as an original trilogy fan. Super Monkey ball was class with unique gameplay and add on mini games and Luigis Mansion was so leftfield compared to the usual Mario games. I had all 3 at release and other than a few stand out games like F-Zero GX, Soul Calibur 2, Windwaker, Sunshine, Metroid and Aggresive Inline are still the best games on the system imo. And they are also the most unique.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

KALofKRYPTON

@themcnoisy That's a fair argument. I bought my Game Cube on the strength of the (banned) Rogue Leader adverts šŸ˜

One of my mates at the time got in to Nintendo Power (I think it was that) with a record Star Destroyer take down time too. Was and still is an awesome game. Shame about the Rebel Assault style on foot sections of Rebel Strike, but it was worth it for the Speeder Bike chase.

Super Monkey Ball was a huge surprise. Multiplayer Monkey Target took up way too much of our time!

And Xtreme G 3. Lot of love for that game. The series had been pretty poor up to that point, but XG3 was a great game.

I'd say all of the sixth gen launches were pretty good. Even PS2 despite being first out of the gate. NHL2001, Ridge Racer 5, Timesplitters were amazing.

FullbringIchigo

Here is a BIG one, Resident Evil 6 is BETTER than Resident Evil 7

to me the entire series up to 7's release wasn't just a survival horror series it was also a campy, over the top b-movie and while it went more action in the last few it was still in keeping with the series as a whole but 7 was just, for want of a better word an Outlast clone, did it make the game scarier, yes but it cost the series it's soul, the series that defined the survival horror/survival action genre is now just following the trend and i am SO glad they have gone back the the Over the Shoulder view for the Resi 2 Remake

Resi 6 over Resi 7

Jeremy Brett is still the DEFINITIVE Sherlock

"Don't try to be a great man, just be a man and let history make it's own judgments" - Zefram Cochran

"Hello there!" - Obi Wan Kenobi

it may be multiplatform now but Final Fantasy & PlayStation will always go hand in hand

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo hmmmm... having played neither, I can't really comment.

But as for the series, I don't think I'd call them particularly campy; just not very well acted or animated mostly.

FullbringIchigo

Unpopular Opinion: wired controllers are better than wireless ones, why no batteries or charging, no latency, nothing to interfere with the signal and no need to sync them, just plug in and play

Jeremy Brett is still the DEFINITIVE Sherlock

"Don't try to be a great man, just be a man and let history make it's own judgments" - Zefram Cochran

"Hello there!" - Obi Wan Kenobi

it may be multiplatform now but Final Fantasy & PlayStation will always go hand in hand

KratosMD

@FullbringIchigo Personally I don't like wired controllers since the wires take up a lot of space on my table. I think rechargeable controllers like the DS4 and Joy-Cons are the best of both worlds. You can charge them while still playing a game on the system, they have short wires (or none at all like the Joy-Cons), and you can also play wirelessly when they're done charging.

I also have an unpopular opinion to state that's coming up right after I finish a certain game. Those who have been reading my posts recently should know exactly what I'm going to write, which will probably upset a lot of people, lol.

Best games as voted by the PushSquare community:
PS1: Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy VII, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Final Fantasy IX, Tomb Raider II

KALofKRYPTON

Tasuki

FullbringIchigo wrote:

Unpopular Opinion: wired controllers are better than wireless ones, why no batteries or charging, no latency, nothing to interfere with the signal and no need to sync them, just plug in and play

I felt the same way for years. What cracks me is that people act like all cords are like the NES Classic cords where they are so short. But honestly the cords to the systems like the NES, SNES, PS2, Original Xbox etc. were not that short. In truth they are about just as long as a wireless controller has range before it desyncs or shuts off or whatever you want to call it.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

IBeAGamer

Uncharted 4 is not good.

IBeAGamer

KALofKRYPTON

@UltimateDespair1 It's called 'Unpopular Gaming Opinions' - not lunacy!

Seriously though, do you not like it?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic