Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 381 to 400 of 1,285

Tasuki

FullbringIchigo wrote:

Unpopular Opinion: wired controllers are better than wireless ones, why no batteries or charging, no latency, nothing to interfere with the signal and no need to sync them, just plug in and play

I felt the same way for years. What cracks me is that people act like all cords are like the NES Classic cords where they are so short. But honestly the cords to the systems like the NES, SNES, PS2, Original Xbox etc. were not that short. In truth they are about just as long as a wireless controller has range before it desyncs or shuts off or whatever you want to call it.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

IBeAGamer

Uncharted 4 is not good.

IBeAGamer

KALofKRYPTON

@UltimateDespair1 It's called 'Unpopular Gaming Opinions' - not lunacy!

Seriously though, do you not like it?

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

IBeAGamer

@KALofKRYPTON nope, it was one of the most boring games I've played this gen sadly.

IBeAGamer

KALofKRYPTON

@UltimateDespair1 I've still not finished it - but found it pretty much on par with the series.

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Jaz007

@KALofKRYPTON @UltimateDespair1 I thought it was a pretty good game, but it disappointed compared to 2&3. It felt like I spent the entire game waiting for a set piece that never came (the last one was good, but other than that, nothing sticks out that much.) After Uncharted 3 having some of the greatest set pieces ever made, I had high expectations for 4. It just never happened. Too much time climbing too. It's also why I don't want this to be Nathan Drake's last entry, it honestly wasn't satisfactory as a conclusion. It had the best Uncharted story, but I'd never rank those as among the best in gaming anyway. Outside of 4, they were just decent stories to be honest. Great characters though.

Jaz007

BAMozzy

@UltimateDespair1 Personally, I thought Uncharted 4 stepped away from the previous 3 in several ways and did feel like it was spearheaded by a new 'team'. Certain aspects I didn't like and other things I preferred the way they were in the previous games but these are what I call subjective areas of the game.

As far as things that can be quantified, the game is excellent - highly polished and a consistent performer - its a game that you can use to show what the PS4 is capable of with so many incredible details and attention paid to even the little things - like the way the fuel can and aerial on the jeep move, the facial animations etc. The visuals and environments are stunning too.

I do think though that if you find this 'boring', then you would find Uncharted 1-3 boring too....

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Kidfried

@UltimateDespair1 Don't really agree, but on the topic of Uncharted: Uncharted 3 is easily the best game in the series.

Kidfried

ApostateMage

I'll admit, I was forcing my way through parts of Uncharted 4 at times. It's only when Elena joined and onwards that I really started to enjoy the adventure.

ApostateMage

FullbringIchigo

OK here goes, The Souls games (and games like them) are BORING, i don't mind the difficulty of the games but they are just dull

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

RogerRoger

Tasuki wrote:

I felt the same way for years. What cracks me is that people act like all cords are like the NES Classic cords where they are so short. But honestly the cords to the systems like the NES, SNES, PS2, Original Xbox etc. were not that short. In truth they are about just as long as a wireless controller has range before it desyncs or shuts off or whatever you want to call it.

My PS2 and PS3 are exactly the same distance from my sofa. Whenever my DualShock3 runs low and I have to plug it in to charge whilst playing, I'm forced to perch awkwardly on my sofa's edge. Whenever I'm playing PS2, meanwhile, I can lean right back and still have plenty of flex. I find it odd that cables have gotten shorter over the years, when we're all apparently doing so well and able to live in bigger homes (big enough for Kinect, even!).

@UltimateDespair1 Having recently replaying Uncharted 4, I can certainly say that my opinion of it has fallen since launch. I used to think it was nigh-on perfect, but I've started to see cracks in the (admittedly gorgeous) paint and, for the first time, I can understand the perspectives of those who aren't that keen on it, even though I may still not agree.

I think it tries to be the best of all worlds; you spend the first half of the game globe-trotting from set piece to set piece, mucking about with Sully and Sam and getting into all sorts of trouble in similar fashion to the large-scale blockbuster action of Among Thieves and Drake's Deception, but then the second half shifts back full circle and provides an experience much, much closer to Drake's Fortune. It offers up a single island location, across which you track and backtrack (or at least, run through similar-looking environments) in a very simple chase story. As a conclusion to Nate's story, a lot of it makes sense on paper, but I think that the Epilogue does all the heavy lifting in terms of it actually feeling like a proper ending; the time actually spent with Nate, Elena and Sully is nowhere near intricate enough to say a proper farewell to these epic characters (and they spend far, far too much time on introducing and fleshing out Sam, who is just... urgh).

@Kidfried I completely agree. Drake's Deception is spectacular, meaningful, and just entertaining from start to finish. It never drags, it keeps focus on the goal and even the admittedly-random diversions to the cruise liner and whatnot don't feel as pointless as they're made out to be. It's the definitive Uncharted game, at least from my perspective.

Since it's an unpopular opinion in terms of general concensus, I find Among Thieves to be the worst of the bunch, because it genuinely does feel quite long and boring at times.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo Quite enjoyed Demon Souls while I had it. Haven't bothered playing the others.

I did buy Bloodborne (the snazzy edition in a tin), quite enjoyed that for a bit too - but I did get bored. I think for me it's the construction of the world and how you are required to move in it. As with Souls, I really didn't like all of the running around and backtracking. Really killed the game for me, which is odd, as I've no problem with metroidvania stuff.

DerMeister

I've already gone on about why I thought Uncharted 4 was disappointing to me, so here are the cliffnotes- I thought the villains were weaker, especially Nadine and her "boss fights", Sam felt forced and it was enough to distract me, I thought Nate himself lost a few IQ points to the detriment of the character, and just overall the story didn't live up to what I was hoping.

As for Soulsbourne, I just don't really have an interest in it. At least not enough to get hype over games like it.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

Th3solution

My two cents on Uncharted .. I’ve loved them all. But it has been quite a few years since I played the first game. My favorite has been UC2 because of the setting and the train section and Chloe and just the way it flowed. The multiplayer was also a lot of fun at the time. UC3 was great but I think it lacked a little of the cohesion that Among Theives had. UC4 was so beautiful that I was mesmerized by that, but I might have to agree about the character development issues noted above. Lost Legacy was brilliant and the more I think about it, it might be the best. I fluctuate between LL, UC2, and UC4 for my favorite. Actually, I need to just drop the $10 for the PS4 Drake’s collection and replay the first 3 because I’m going off nostalgia a little bit. But I don’t have 50 hours to spend on games that I already played, I’d rather spend it on my backlog.

As for Soulsborne, I loved Bloodborne, the only one in the series I have played. I really plan to try DS3 or DS remaster, eventually. I never got bored of BB because the back and forth to Hunters Dream or to previous areas always felt like a good breather to relax a little between the constant threat of turning the corner and running into a super strong enemy and dying.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Ralizah

Unpopular opinion: The Uncharted games have just gotten better over time.

Uncharted 1 is... a mess. The climax is terrible. The combat isn't fun. Blah.

Uncharted 2 was a massive improvement, but the bland villain, climax, and annoying segments (the part where you run from the tank is probably my single least favorite sequence in the entire series) kept me from really loving it. Also, the part with the Yeti was stupid.

Uncharted 3 flowed even better than the second game, and it had the best set-pieces in the entire series. The ending twist was dumb, as was fighting off djinn that Nate was hallucinating about, but overall it was a pretty good time.

Uncharted 4 has the best story and character development in the entire series, with Nate actually being forced to face head-on the sociopathic lifestyle he had been living for so long and its destructive impact on his life. The villain was surprisingly great, and I loved how his obsession mirrored Nate's. Also, that sword-fight at the end of the game! The combat also had a dynamism to it that was missing in previous titles, and the addition of stealth mechanics was a welcome bonus. Parts of it also felt remarkably open and freeing, which was a very nice change of pace for the series.

Also unpopular opinion: Even Uncharted 1 was more enjoyable than The Last of Us.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Octane

@Ralizah I'm pretty sure most people agree with you on that. They do get better over time.

Octane

Ralizah

@Octane Really? Because it seems like Playstation fans are always raving about what a masterpiece Uncharted 2 is. It's frequently ranked the best game in the series, one of the top three games on the PS3, etc.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Nei

I have started Horizon Zero Dawn, and I hate it ... the characters, the faces, the colours: everything is so ugly (but technically well done). I don't think I can stomach this aesthetics for 3 hours- let alone 30.

Edited on by Nei

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

FullbringIchigo

@Feena you know i played H:ZD via my mate friend sharing it with me when it came out and i agree, it wasn't that good and i don't see what everyone was raving about

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

KALofKRYPTON

@Ralizah i really dig Drake's Fortune myself. And Golden Abyss.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic