Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 321 to 340 of 1,285

FullbringIchigo

more unpopular opinions

both the PS4 and the XB1 are ugly, now of course how a system looks isn't really important after all your not looking at it when your using it but surely they could have come up with better designs especially after how sleek the PS3 and 360 looked, the PS4 looks like an eraser and the XB1 looks like an old VCR

Devil May Cry 2 is awesome, yeah it was easier than the original game was but that doesn't mean it wasn't as fun, remember if you played the game spamming your gun attacks that's on you, same as if you went through FFXIII just using Auto Battle, the option was there yes but you didn't have to use it you CHOSE to use it

Battle Royale games SUCK

and last one but the XB1 controller still needing batteries is stupid, at the very least they should come WITH the plug and play kits as standard that way you still have the option of batteries in an emergency should you need too but forcing you to pay £30+ just to be able to charge your controller is bull

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo I must say that I do really dig the PS4 and Pro designs. The XBONE really does just look like big VCR though, no style points at all. Not fond of the slim PS4 either.
I don#t think anyone will do better that the original PAL Mega Drive or beautifully minimalist Slim PS2.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

JohnnyShoulder

The PS4 Pro is one ugly mo fo for sure.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

BAMozzy

@FullbringIchigo I do agree that the consoles are somewhat 'conservative' but I don't mind that as for me, they fit alongside my SkyQ Box, my Home Theatre box and fit well under my TV without looking garish or out of place. The fact the OG XB1 reminded you of a VCR is 'great' as far as I am concerned as that means its a perfect fit for the main living room.

Personally, which maybe unpopular, I really dislike the PS4 and PS4 Pro design - in fact the Pro is much uglier than the OG PS4. Part of my issue is the front/back 'slopes' which add unnecessary depth. The 'overhang' could save an extra inch or two off the depth but as it is, it doesn't quite fit on my shelf properly. The Xbox 'Project Scorpio' next to it fits perfectly on the shelf, has much better space at the back to exhaust any heat and overall is tidy.

I absolutely hate the fact that the PS4 controller does NOT allow batteries or even a simple replaceable battery pack. I can understand why MS may not supply a rechargeable battery pack and instead gives you 2 duracell (quality) batteries - because its much cheaper for them and therefore for us too. The fact is that the Xbox controller gives you so much more choice and flexibility. No rechargeable battery lasts indefinitely and as soon as a battery pack is 'dead', the controller is effectively 'dead' (unless you use it wired of course) but with the Xbox, you can easily replace the battery pack. Its 'flexible' enough to use standard AA's, Rechargeable AA's, Rechargeable Battery packs or wired. That suits many different budgets too - its cheap to buy a multipack of AA's, cheap-ish to buy a AA battery charger and batteries, more expensive to buy the Plug and Charge kit (although you can save a lot by buying 3rd party - you don't need to buy MS's!!) and most expensive to have to buy a new controller. Also, this means that MS have 'bigger' batteries because of the AA battery compartment which also means much longer use. I have 2/3 rechargeable battery packs (as well as a AA battery charger and 8 AA rechargeable batteries) and a single charge will last me 'days' before needing to recharge yet I often end up having to quickly try and plug in my DS4 to charge before a single gaming session ends. I can't even get through a single session from a full charge without needing to charge it - and every charge brings you closer to the end of its life....

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

KALofKRYPTON

@BAMozzy DS4 replacement battery packs are really cheap though. I'm still on my launch controllers and only occasionally will need to charge mid-session.

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

BAMozzy

@KALofKRYPTON Whether they are cheap or not is irrelevant, they are still not a simple thing to change and I would much prefer the system that Xbox controllers use.

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

LuckyLand

I like Rez but I really hate its bosses. They are boring and it takes too much time to beat them it's frustrating. The music too becomes boring when you get to the bosses. The bosses really are a chore in that game for me.

I like a lot the music of Area X in Rez Infinite, but I think that the gameplay is really bad. The fact that it's up to you to decide if you want to go forward or backward or to not move at all makes it unintuitive and annoying to play. You have to take care of too many things to properly enjoy that stage, which wuold have been absolutely fantastic if the gameplay was like in the other stages instead

I used to be a ripple user like you, then I took The Arrow in the knee

Jaz007

I’m actually surprised to hear that Xbox controllers use batteries still. I guess some people like them, but I can’t help but think 2002, the days of the GBA, want their regular batteries back. (Please don’t think I hate Xbox people, as I realize it might come off that way. It just doesn’t have anything to compel me beyond Halo, which I’ve thought a little about buying it for, but can’t justify the fact that there’s nothing else really on offer that’s not on PC if I wanted it. I want it to compel me, but it doesn’t.)

Jaz007

BAMozzy

@Jaz007 Its just an opinion and everyone is entitled to that. I have explained why regular battery compartments are actually beneficial and why I think that benefits us as consumers far more. Its not as if you don't have the choice to use regular AA rechargeable batteries - which are cheaper than Rechargeable packs so again giving us, the customer, the choice and not being limited to a specific 1st party only option.

Xbox owners have exactly the same 'benefits' of a rechargeable wireless controller. They can of course use standard batteries, standard rechargeable batteries, rechargeable battery packs (1st and 3rd Party) and its easy to swap out batteries should they run out and still have the freedom that wireless offers - unlike a PS4 which would require you to be 'wired' to recharge the battery if you wish to continue playing. Also, as I said, if the rechargeable battery 'dies' which will happen, then you have to either buy a new controller (to play wirelessly) or dismantle the controller and try and replace the battery pack - not that they are readily available everywhere - like AA batteries (rechargeable or standard).

Rechargeable batteries may well be the 'future' but they are still not perfect and for a lot of people, when they die, that means the whole controller (or device they are built into) is often junk. Like I said, I would much rather buy a new pack of AA rechargeable when they die and just discard the dead batteries than have to buy a whole new controller. Those with replaceable batteries have a 'longer' shelf life. I already have 'useless' DS3's because they won't hold charge any more but my XB360 controllers are still going, still wireless. In 5-10yrs time, the same may well be true for DS4 too, yet my Xbox controllers can still be powered easily.

Whilst some things may well be 'easier' for the here and now, they are creating more problems down the line. All those 'products' with built in batteries will end up being scrapped and replaced instead of just replacing the battery - its part of the 'disposable' generation philosophy of just throw it away and buy new instead of just replace the batteries.

Jaz007

@BAMozzy I get your opinion and why you like it makes sense. I don’t agree with all the batteries or needing to buy additional equipment in order to recharge it, it sounds more expensive than the odd replacing a rechargeable battery, because it’s the same idea when you get down to it. One just lasts much longer and is convenient. I’ve not had a battery die on me yet that came with a controller, only third-party rechargeable ones.
My comment wasn’t meant to disrespect your opinion or others who hold it. It’s just how I see it personally. Sorry if it came across that way.

Jaz007

FullbringIchigo

PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale was and still is an AWESOME game especially the PS Vita version

i so wish Sony would release a sequel

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

BAMozzy

@Jaz007 There is absolutely nothing to apologise for. I respect your opinion even though it differs from mine and never once felt that your comment was disrespectful at all. I completely up hold your right to your opinion and, if anything, was just trying to explain mine in the hope that you can see why I think it makes much more sense as well as fitting to whatever budget someone has.

I have had multiple devices with built in batteries become 'useless' because the 'rechargeable' battery is not built to be replaceable. They degenerate over time too so you can end up getting less and less use from a single charge before they eventually stop taking a charge altogether. I have had to replace mobile and laptop batteries too but at least these were 'replaceable' - at least at one point they were but nowadays few people keep these beyond a few years now.

I really don't think it is more expensive myself. If you only buy non-rechargeable batteries, then it can get expensive but you can buy a 4 pack of AA's and a charger for under £10 but you are also 'sharing the charging between two sets effectively. If a battery can be charged say 10000 times, then you get 20000 charges with this method. Rechargeables don't tend to last as long as a non-rechargeable battery on a 'single' charge but then if you upgrade to a new 'gen' or buy a 'new' controller, you automatically have rechargeable batteries for it (or any other device that has AA batteries). Like I said, I could put these into my 360 controllers and instantly have a working, rechargeable controller. I do have at least 2 DS3's though that can ONLY be used wired because they no longer charge (or hold a charge). I do have a couple of 360 rechargeable battery packs too of course but if they were to die and I can no longer buy more, I still have AA batteries - both standard and rechargeable options.

The point I was making though is that it can suit any budget. You don't have to buy MS's rechargeable battery packs and could buy a branded (Duracell, Energizer etc) and charger for less money than it costs to replace a DS4 or its Battery. Also, if they offered the 'choice', If you were to upgrade to the next gen, you already have rechargeable batteries for it and it can cut a bit of the cost down too - maybe save £5-10 on the price of a new controller.

I know its ultimately the same thing - you can still end up with a rechargeable wireless controller but the point I was making is that its 'easier' to have the choice and, if you do run out of charge, a quick swap of the batteries and you can continue playing totally wirelessly. To do that on PS4, you need a 2nd controller that you can swap to - more expensive than just buying a 4pack of AA rechargeable batteries and a charger. At some point though, those controllers you have will die. No rechargeable battery yet can be recharged indefinitely and therefore the battery will eventually die. I don't know how often you game or more importantly how many times you need to recharge as that is usually what determines its longevity, the more often you charge, the closer to its 'end' you get, but it will happen - even if it hasn't happened yet for you.

For those with 'more' budget, they can of course buy the MS branded Plug and Play kits but these are not essential and more 'limited' in that they only fit the XB1 controllers. There are plenty of 3rd Party options though that work as well but the 'easiest' and most versatile option is the rechargeable AA batteries. That way you only need to replace these when they die and can be used on last gen, current gen and 'hopefully' next gen controllers too so its not like you have to go out and buy another 'plug and play' kit or pay for a built in rechargeable battery that you can't easily replace when that dies.

Each to their own opinion but I much prefer the option that having a battery compartment offers. I don't think your opinion is 'wrong' either but for me, I think it makes much more sense to have the various options and know that all my Xbox controllers will at least be easy to power long into the future. Neither opinion is wrong, just different so really don't need to apologise for expressing a different opinion.

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON i love the Mega Drive design
Untitled

@BAMozzy oh i don't mind the fact that you can use batteries i really like that you have the options i just think it should come with a recharge pack because a controller is what £40 and the recharge pack is £30 so if you want to buy a second controller it would cost £70 all in all in you also wanted the ability to charge it

and like you said it does make changing dead batteries a lot easier which i also like and i think both Sony and Nintendo should use a similar system but like i said it should come with one as standard

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo specifically, the Pal MegaDrive. Pure class.
Untitled

BAMozzy

@FullbringIchigo The point I was making is that you really would want at least a spare rechargeable which adds to the cost - let alone the additional cost 'every time' you buy a new controller if it came supplied - which is unnecessary and only adds to the cost to us.

Like I said, you really don't have to buy an MS Plug and play kit, there are plenty of decent 3rd party and much cheaper alternatives and, if you bought AA rechargeable Batteries, then that too is an alternative and 'cheap' option. Why be 'forced' to buy a MS plug and play kit when you can buy just a normal AA battery charger and batteries? You can get branded Batteries like Duracell or Energizer and as these come in packs of 4, always have a couple of batteries charged and ready to go so can swap them and continue playing wirelessly - something a single Plug and Charge kit still doesn't allow.

I still had AA rechargeable batteries from last gen so I didn't 'have' to buy a plug and play kit (I did though just because) and could very easily of just used those instead. Its a LOT cheaper and transferable between generations - something the MS battery packs won't do. There are options to suit every budget - whether you buy standard batteries, non-branded/branded rechargeable batteries and/or charger (which are useful for other devices too btw), 3rd party or first party rechargeable battery packs. Even if you wanted a second controller, you still don't have to pay £70 to make it rechargeable - in fact if you already have a standard battery charger and a pack of rechargeable batteries, then you already have a fully rechargeable controller in essence - maybe costs an extra £5-8 to buy another pack of rechargeable AA's so you have a few spares always....

It would be nice to be given one in with the Console bundle but I wouldn't necessarily want to be charged an extra £20-30 every time I bought a new controller just because it comes with a rechargeable battery pack. If you look on ebay or on Game, Amazon etc they are quite a few rechargeable battery packs - twin battery packs and docking station for £15 for example or you can buy an Energizer Pro charger with 4 AA batteries for a similar cost with new pack of 4 batteries costing around £6-8. If you go this route, then you wouldn't want or need battery packs anyway and be paying for stuff you don't actually need. Point is, you have options to suit your budget and don't have to buy a plug and charge kit at all or have to pay 'extra' because the controller has a rechargeable battery included.

FullbringIchigo

OK so this one MIGHT be a bit controversial BUT The Bioshock series isn't that good, it's game play is kinda clunky and it's story is a mess

the worlds and the characters are good though

Zukato

Bayonetta is overrated. I can like weird games, but it has the wrong kind of weird for me. Gameplay is excellent, but most other things borders on awful. Truly awful.

Faithful to Jesus.

PSN: ZukaHoly | Twitter:

Jaz007

Speaking of Baytonetta, my unpopular opinion is that I find Bayonetta to be ugly.

Jaz007

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic