Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 161 to 180 of 1,285

KALofKRYPTON

@Feena "This is for the (straight white male) players" what does that mean?

@Shellcore Killzone 3 was great I thought. Multiplayer too.
I played it through with the Sharpshooter. Bits of multiplayer too. Once set up properly it worked pretty well.

Shadow Fall is well worth a look if you have time.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

FullbringIchigo

BAMozzy wrote:

FullbringIchigo wrote:

@DerMeister the same, people are blowing it up far too much especially for a service that's not important and not really needed

A bit like Backwards Compatibility

yep Backwards compatibility isn't really that important either, i can understand why it would be a nice bonus especially at the start of a new generation but it's not a necessity

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

KirbyTheVampire

KALofKRYPTON wrote:

@Feena "This is for the (straight white male) players" what does that mean?

@Shellcore Killzone 3 was great I thought. Multiplayer too.
I played it through with the Sharpshooter. Bits of multiplayer too. Once set up properly it worked pretty well.

Shadow Fall is well worth a look if you have time.

Apparently you can't enjoy God of War if you're gay or female or any race other than white. Who knew? I certainly didn't.

KirbyTheVampire

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger just spell the word Colour properly or state that Football is the one where you ACTUALLY kick the ball not throw it and i'm sure @Jaz007 will understand where you come from

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

themcnoisy

@Feena God of Wars main problem imo is Kratos. An over muscled bus of testosterone. Read to me boy!

Hes the total opposite of the gamers I know who would happily read and tell the kids to get on the weights.

1- Watchdogs was good and the protagonist was fine.

2- Game music has lost its charm and was better years ago.

3- The Vita is uncomfortable to use.

4- Eurogamers opinion articles infuriate me.

5- Super Mario Kart on switch is overrated

6- Statik on psvr, videoball ps4 and Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3 are all underrated

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

FullbringIchigo

@themcnoisy thing is his character worked in the older games but i feel that with the change of style in the new one it doesn't really fit his character

JohnnyShoulder

Jaz007 wrote:

RogerRoger wrote:

Tracking down brand new PS4s can be tough enough sometimes

In what part of the world do you live? I think Wal-mart can help you with this one.

Do you mean Asda Wal-Mart?

I know there was a shortage of PS4 Pro consoles recently in the UK but not sure if the base model too.

I can never imagine myself hanging on to stuff like that. I prefer to look to the future rather than cling on to the past.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

KirbyTheVampire

themcnoisy wrote:

@Feena God of Wars main problem imo is Kratos. An over muscled bus of testosterone. Read to me boy!

Hes the total opposite of the gamers I know who would happily read and tell the kids to get on the weights.

1- Watchdogs was good and the protagonist was fine.

2- Game music has lost its charm and was better years ago.

3- The Vita is uncomfortable to use.

4- Eurogamers opinion articles infuriate me.

5- Super Mario Kart on switch is overrated

6- Statik on psvr, videoball ps4 and Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3 are all underrated

What's wrong with an overmuscled ball of testosterone? IMO it's a nice change of pace. Masculinity is something that should be celebrated more than it is nowadays. (Not that femininity isn't just as great, I just think it's a little unbalanced)

KirbyTheVampire

BAMozzy

And here was I thinking that Masculinity was about more than just being a 'brute' - especially as a father too. Masculinity itself isn't the issue - its living up to the stereotypes that is.

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

themcnoisy

@KirbyTheVampire Theres nothing wrong with Kratos per say - however my original comment mentioned watchdogs. That was no fluke. Aiden Pearce was called out as being boring, A-typical, Unsociable and acting like a vigilante rather than a hacker etc etc. I liked his character and found him to have enough mystery and character to enjoy playing as him in Watchdogs. Kratos on the otherhand is a juiced up jerk. God of War is a great game, I would just love to play as another character in that world.

themcnoisy

@BAMozzy Well said bro. 👍

KirbyTheVampire

@themcnoisy That's fair enough. I personally found him pretty developed as a character, but maybe I'm just thinking that way because of how he used to be a one-dimensional rage machine.

KirbyTheVampire

Jaz007

@Rogerroger thought the PS4 was a typo... I thought they were easy to get ahold of. (I’ll leave now. Bad joke.)

Jaz007

Nei

@KirbyTheVampire I was exaggerating and I did enjoy the game but if I think Kratos (not a bad character!) made it very hard for me (and I guess a lot of other people) to find a resonance with the game. I guess it's like when guys are thrown off by JRPG male leads but on the other end of the spectrum. The game is enjoyable at least to make someone like me play it to the end!
@themcnoisy spot on for me!

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

KirbyTheVampire

@BAMozzy Being a man absolutely is about more than being a brute, and Kratos is hardly a poster boy for how men should be, but I've seen several complaints that Kratos is "too manly", which is just strange to me. He could be a little more sensitive, sure, but sensitivity isn't a non-masculine trait, and not every character needs to be a softy or super likeable anyway. To each his own, though.

@Feena Yeah, I could see that being the case for quite a few women. My sister feels much the same about Kratos as you do, and men do tend to enjoy characters like that more than women do. It's just the nature of the two sexes. I just wasn't quite sure about the whole "for straight white men only" comment, but I can see that it was an exaggeration, so no worries.

Edited on by KirbyTheVampire

KirbyTheVampire

NecuVise

@JohnnyShoulder it's not true that small percentage use bc, where did you get that? Straight form Sony exec mouth?

You said you doubt MS would care for bc if they were in Sony position, but that's not probable because Microsoft already planned for future bc as they put certain instructions in their SoC in order to achieve that backwards compatability. You have an excellent article on digital foundry on that, where you can read how they achieved that.

And mind you, what Microsoft achieved is not simply backwards compatability, they went even further and made enhancements for these games. For some of they you even have HDR, not to mention one X enhancements.

So all in all, this is a big win for Microsoft, you like it or not.

On the other side Sony ignores even ps2 and ps1 support, with only a handful of titles in store and there's no excuse for it. If we don't press Sony now,I fear we can get another ps3 launch level failure and that's not good for gaming.

NecuVise

themcnoisy

@NecuVise I think it is great to have BC. I look enviously at the x1 back catalouge now as an ex xboxer now PS4 is the only console I use regularly. However at this point in my life and the amount of quality games released almost weekly I cant fathom how anyone has the time to play them all again. I also say this as a parent with 2x x1 consoles in the house.

I think both sides of the arguement are valid right now however bc will be an even hotter potato next gen. Just imagine sacrificing the 180 games I have in my digital library!

BAMozzy

@KirbyTheVampire The 'being to manly' is more about using your muscles (physical strength) to get what you want - regardless of right/wrong - basically Kratos in a nutshell. Kratos is very 1 dimensional - even in the new God of War. I don't want to go into spoilers but the game is full of examples of this. The easiest thing would be to visualise a women in that role, on a journey with her Son to scatter the ashes of his father and look at the encounters on route - not just the 'fights' but every encounter. Again I don't want to go into spoilers but you may get the idea. Being too manly is resorting to stereotypical 'male' behaviour of using their physical strength to get what they want regardless, talking down to everyone else because you have the 'biggest' muscles. If you cannot visualise a 'woman' in that role, not just the 'combat' but the interactions with everyone inc Atreus, then its too manly. Kratos is not a good role model or father! Women may not like Kratos because they are often the ones that are on the receiving end of men and them using their physical strength to get what they want!

@themcnoisy As someone with an Xbox, I tend to use BC occasionally but mostly for the GwG games I missed out on when they released - the free games on Gold. Its not to replay games I have enjoyed at least once already - apart from the odd MP game if friends want to play but generally the Single player campaigns that I missed. With so many new games to look forward to as well as an increasing back catalogue of games I haven't yet fully experienced, I am more interested in playing games, experiencing stories etc that I haven't yet rather than replaying stories I already know how they end, know the plot twists etc. The main reason I like BC on XB1 is because of GwG, that gives me (up to) 4 new games every month and whilst I could play on my 360/PS3, its often better on the X - better frame-rates and sometimes visuals too. MW3 was added recently and that can drop to 40fps - rock solid 60fps on X, Forza Horizon is 4k on X, RDR is 4k and a rock solid 30fps on X. Also has built in 12x Anisotropic Filtering, faster load times etc too so its an 'enhanced' experience rather than playing the games as they 'were', as they would be on my 360.

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

FullbringIchigo

@BAMozzy i only have ONE major issue with the XB1's BC program

and that is you CAN'T use it unless your connected online because for some dumb reason they decided you can only save your games to the cloud and not on the system itself and when you are like me and you have a XB1 that only connects when it wants to because it's Wi-Fi doesn't like my router (and no i can't connect it via a wire as my house has no connection outside of the living room nor can i get a new router because my internet only works with those provided by my IP provider) sometimes i just can't play any of them

if you have to be connected online to play then it's not really any different to PSNow apart from you don't have to pay for it, although PSNow allows me to play games i don't actually already own in addition to ones i do

guess they both have their issues

BAMozzy

@FullbringIchigo A LOT of things will have 'issues' these days if your internet/wifi isn't that great or have a decent bandwidth. Whether that's affecting download speeds, streaming or saves, its still having an impact on a LOT of our media consumption.

Want to stream the World Cup in 4k HLG, need at least 40mb download speed, anything less and you miss out on something - you wouldn't blame iPlayer for poor 4k or 4k HLG quality when its being affected/limited by your ISP - that's unfair. I personally wouldn't blame MS at all for the way its set-up - after all they have made it so you can go from one console to any other and carry on from your save point even pick up where you left off from your 360 too which can't happen if its saved locally. I know that this may affect you in your situation but I think that's more a failing of your ISP and their Hardware. If that was delivering on its end, then you wouldn't have any issues with the way MS has set this up. It should benefit you if you ever upgrade or have to change your hardware for some reason. Games can ALWAYS be reinstalled or re-downloaded (at least the majority unless they were removed for licensing issues) BUT if you were to lose your saves because they were stored 'locally', you lose basically all you progress, character creations etc. By having all your saves stored in the cloud, you never lose your 'work' so to speak.

Don't get me wrong, but I do appreciate how frustrating it can be to have a 'poor' internet. I used to live in a small village which would only offer 2mb download (average) and no decent wifi coverage. You can't blame Sony/MS for making games available Digitally - even if in your situation it takes a week to download. Its more the failing of your ISP for not providing a 'reasonable' service and decent Wifi coverage from its hardware - especially as you are 'paying' for an internet service. Like I said, if your ISP was 'delivering', then this would NOT be any issue at all and would actually be beneficial to you - especially if things go 'wrong', you choose to replace your hardware (like upgrade from an XB1 to XB1s to XB1X) or play on different hardware. I would also say the same with regards to PSNow and BC does allow you to play games you don't (or didn't) own via the Game Pass too. The difference of course is that you also get given games totally free on GwG (no conditions - like having to remain a subscriber to continue playing - a full rather than conditional licence) but they are are all subject to the same rules - whether you bought them on disc for the 360, acquire them through Gold or Game Pass.

Edited on by BAMozzy

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic