Forums

Topic: The TV Show Thread

Posts 621 to 640 of 4,463

WanderingBullet

Looks like Luke Cage has been cancelled as well. It's a shame, the series had some really good villains like Cottonmouth and Bushmaster. Didn't like Mariah and Shades but those two, Billy Russo and Kingpin were my favourite villains in Netflix's Marvel series.

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON probably although i'll be honest i wasn't impressed by ANY of the Marvel Netflix shows, they all seemed to be lacking something

but like you said it's probably to do with Disney creating their own streaming service

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

KALofKRYPTON

@beemo The second season of Luke Cage is easily the best of all of Marvel shows so far.

In other TV news; the latest Doctor Who episode 'Rosa' was handled far, far better than I expected. Even among the slightly preachy messaging - I genuinely felt that it was a largely well done return to the show's distant educational past! It also took me ages to spot who the villain was - he was in Revenge!

Also, if you can access BBC iPlayer - watch Informer. It's brilliant!

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON you know what i liked about Rosa, it's didn't sugercoat it like the previous seasons did, it showed history as it was instead of through the eyes of today and that is a much better way to show just why it was bad and why it needs to change than pretending everything was better than it was like they did during the Tennant/Smith/Capaldi eras

we shouldn't be editing history in our TV, Films and Video Games otherwise we will never learn from the mistakes of the past

also next week, SPIDERS

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo Spiders and Chris Noth!!

What's the betting that the spiders are 'misunderstood' in some way?

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON i hope not, i want it to be a proper invasion

this new series is going very old school Who in the way it's telling it's stories and i like it, falling back on the Tennant tropes would be a step in the wrong direction if you ask me

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo I also hope Revenge bloke is a recurring villain, I also hope that if he is a recurring villain he doesn't actually tie back to River Song.

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON i would like him to be a recurring Villain, maybe he is the Rani as the Master has been kind of rehabilitated (and if the Master and Doctor can change gender then why can't the Rani)

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo Did you not see the last Master/Missy story?

I hope he's not a Timelord at all - a genuine threat for sure, but not a Timelord.

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON yeah missy killed the master and the master killed missy (would that be murder or suicide) but death has never stopped the master before

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo I think they'd be wise to avoid too much retreading. At least early on for 13. The constant call-backs and self reference are one of the things that's hindered new Who.
There's that certain centimentality missing from this new series so far and it feels all the fresher for it. I'm sure it'll reappear down the line - but at the very least having a female Doctor should cast a new light on it.

In other news; finished Informer tonight. One the best bits of drama I've seen on television in a long time. Highly recommended.

WanderingBullet

Watched Daredevil Season 3 over the weekend. It was a bit slow at times but overall it was really good. Definitely better than Season 2. They introduced another really awesome villain in Bullseye. I'd have to say for the most part they have done a really great job with the villains in their Marvel series.

This is how I would rank their series so far:

1. Daredevil Season 1
2. Daredevil Season 3
3. Daredevil Season 2
4. Jessica Jones Season 1
5. Jessica Jones Season 2
6. Luke Cage Season 1
7. Luke Cage Season 2
8. The Punisher Season 1
9. The Defenders Season 1
10. The Iron Fist Season 2
11. The Iron Fist Season 1

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

KALofKRYPTON

@beemo Simple really, add Jamaicans = better show!

KALofKRYPTON

Just when I start thinking that I won't bother with The Flash this year... JWS in his 90s costume!!

RR529

Finished up Dragon Pilot: Hisone & Masotan (Netflix Original) tonight.

It's a mostly lighthearted anime that features a young woman who is thrown for a loop when a dragon chooses her to be it's "pilot" shortly after she joins the JASDF (turns out dragons are real, a highly guarded military secret, and are given armor to hide in plain sight as aircraft when in the public sight). It's a pretty cute series overall with pleasant art direction, and while I enjoyed my watch through of it I feel it's something I'm not going to be itching to watch again in the future.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Tasuki

@KratosMD So I started The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina tonight and so far I am enjoying it. It's hard to tell right now as I have only watched 2 episodes if I will enjoy it as much as Riverdale but so far it seems like it will be a good show.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Tasuki

@KratosMD Yeah this is nothing like the family show that debited in the 90s. This is actually taken from a current comic arch that's still ongoing

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chilling_Adventures_of_Sabrina

So it's alot darker then that Sabrina.

@KratosMD @beemo Yeah it takes place in Greendale which if my memory is correct is where Mrs Grundy was from in Riverdale. They even mentioned Riverdale in episode 2 but for now they have said that there won't be an crossovers but they do take place in the same universe.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

RogerRoger

The mister and I started watching the first season of 24 last weekend, just a couple episodes, but on Sunday evening and then all day yesterday we binge-watched the rest of it.

It's been forever since I watched it all myself, and he can remember "little bits" of the first couple seasons from when they first aired, so it's gonna be interesting going through it again, especially since large chunks of it have parallels in what we both used to do for a living.

Also makes me wanna replay the game, which I remember loving. Just gotta find the time.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@WanderingBullet I seem to recall Season Five being my favourite, and I think that's definitely where the show peaked and was winning awards left, right and centre.

It's definitely the ultimate binge show, though. It deploys cliffhangers with lethal precision.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic