Forums

Topic: The TV Show Thread

Posts 541 to 560 of 4,446

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger Also, if you didn't see it, one of the earlier seasons has a PSP episode that really is brilliant. Most of their gaming send ups are gold actually.

Final Space is a Netflix animated show. I ended up binging it by accident. Excellent I thought.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Hmm... okay, yeah, the trailer has me sufficiently curious! Thanks!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger No worries

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Tjuz

@KALofKRYPTON I don't mean to be rude, but I just wanna point out that Final Space is a show from TBS. Netflix just acquired the right to stream it after the fact. Gotta give credit where credit is due! I'm annoying like that when it comes to TV shows, haha.

Tjuz

KALofKRYPTON

@Tjuz OK. Its available on.
Netflix here, so - Netflix show. 😉

Tjuz

@KALofKRYPTON How dare you repeat this cursed phrase just to annoy me?

Tjuz

Thrillho

@RogerRoger I've only watched the first two episodes of the latest series of Archer and probably won't bother with the rest. The series before was woeful and nothing I've seen so far suggests this will be any better.

Thrillho

Tjuz

Has anyone given NBC's comedy The Good Place a shot? Season 3 premiered yesterday, so it's the perfect time to get into it. It's also available on Netflix. One of the best ongoing comedies on TV. Created by Michael Schur aka the creator of other successful comedies like Parks and Recreation as well as The Office (US). Be sure to not look into the show too much, since it's a very spoilerific show with lots of surprises.

Edited on by Tjuz

Tjuz

KALofKRYPTON

@Tjuz I did. Quite liked it actually. And I want a Janet!
Another great Netflix show

Tjuz

@KALofKRYPTON I really shouldn't have exposed my weakness, but at the same time, I really can't help myself.

Tjuz

RogerRoger

@Thrillho Skip it; I laughed maybe twice throughout all eight episodes. I didn't mind the novelty of Archer's coma dream for one season (wasn't my favourite but hey, it's their show and it was a new idea, I guess) but it's already starting to feel played-out.

There were genuinely moments where I could see all the elements in place and understood that I should've been laughing, but I simply wasn't able to. Never a good sign.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

mookysam

Was watching some classic The Simpsons earlier (and by classic I mean seasons 1-9). I could watch it over and over without ever getting bored.

Has anyone seen the new Matt Groening show on Netflix? How is it?

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

KALofKRYPTON

@mookysam it's... OK.

Very reminiscent of the later Futurama stuff. Not all that funny and playing with a few very well worn Simpsons tropes - which feels unavoidable at this point.

FullbringIchigo

@mookysam yeah like @KALofKRYPTON said it's OK and that's it

personally i dropped it myself, it's just Futurama is still a better show and i would rather watch that

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

KALofKRYPTON

Started Maniac on Netflix.

Liking it quite a lot so far.
Beautifully shot with a nice late 70s/early 80s aesthetic to it's vision of the near future.

Emma Stone is great as always and Jonah Hill getting to show more of the glimpses of greatness you'd often get in his more two dimensional roles.

Justin Theroux is a bit of a revelation for me I think. Only seen him in relatively subdued, stoic roles before, but he's channeling a good amount of Jeffrey Combs here.

The pace and tone over the first few episodes wavers heavily, but it does a good job of a slightly thoughtful black comedy. Overall so far it's reminding me in part of some of the more trippy work from Zelazny and Bester.

Tjuz

@KALofKRYPTON Have you seen The Leftovers? Justin Theroux is absolutely fantastic in that show, as is the show. Easily my favourite TV show I've ever seen. Carrie Coon is also an absolute treasure. Not to mention the cast has other great cast member such as Christopher Eccleston, Amy Brenneman, Regina King and Ann Dowd on top of that. Justin Theroux can be fairly stoic and subdued in that show as well, but he has his real standout moments when he's not. Definitely give this show a watch if you haven't already.

Tjuz

KALofKRYPTON

@Tjuz I watched a good chunk of the first season of Leftovers. Really didn't do it for me as a show, at all. I went and read a lot about the books and still felt like I didn't want to watch any more.

@beemo Yeah, S2 is a big improvement - I thought it would be after Danny's appearance in Luke Cage, very much a flag saying that they'd tried to sort his character out.
I think it'll be another season of Defenders after the next DareDevil and Punisher seasons.

I finished Maniac. What a thoroughly enjoyable watch! Highly - highly recommended!

Tjuz

@KALofKRYPTON The first season can be a bit hit or miss (although I enjoyed it a lot more upon rewatch) and only really gets consistently great with episode 8-10, although my favourite episode is episode 6. Season 2 and 3 are completely original, since the ending of S1 is also the ending of the book. They decided to move locations and introduce new characters, and that's when the show really hits it's stride. I actually quit The Leftovers after episode 3 when I first tried to watch it, but then someone convinced me and I absolutely fell in love. If you have the time, please give this show another chance and try to get to episode 8-10 of season 1! It's really extraordinary.

Tjuz

KALofKRYPTON

@Tjuz Checking on imdb, I think we actually finished season 1. Didn't bother going back.

Tjuz

@KALofKRYPTON That's too bad. I really hope you'll give it another shot at some point. The season 2 premiere should give you a good idea of how the show changes going forward (and also made me cry)!

Tjuz

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic