Forums

Topic: The TV Show Thread

Posts 441 to 460 of 4,463

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON i would be OK with them not using the books honestly, much like with the old Star Wars EU the Trek novels were never really canon and besides what would be the point in them redoing old stories

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo I just mean to inform the overall direction somewhat. I'm assuming (massively) they're going to pick post Enterprise E.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON well 20 years after Nemesis would put it about 12-3 years after the destruction of Romulus so we already know Picard was no longer a Captain, he was an Ambassador at that point so maybe in this new series he still is

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger also i have changed all my Social media profile pics to Picard #JeanLucPicardIsBack

Tasuki

@WanderingBullet That's a good question. I know sometimes they included that into BtAS other times they don't. Don't they also included The Adventures of Batman and Robin as part of the series as well?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

LieutenantFatman

I've been watching a ton of Star Trek recently. Would be very cool to see Picard again. For the record I did enjoy the latest series, Discovery. Not perfect but definitely enjoyable.
Looking forward to seeing what happens next.

Edited on by LieutenantFatman

LieutenantFatman

KALofKRYPTON

@LieutenantFatman Discovery is a good show! Just really want CBS to say its either alternate time line or just tidy it all up!

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

FullbringIchigo

@LieutenantFatman @KALofKRYPTON yeah Discovery isn't as bad as people make it out to be but it does have some issues that need to be fixed

still with a brand new show runner for season 2 maybe they will be able to fix it

WanderingBullet

@Tasuki I've always thought The Adventures of Batman and Robin was a different series but Wikipedia says that Batman: The Animated Series is also known as The Adventures of Batman and Robin. So apparently they are the same.

@RogerRoger Doesn't seem like Amazon (US) has the basic version, only the Deluxe Limited Edition.

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

Tasuki

@WanderingBullet Yeah I think the later seasons of BtAS was renamed adventures of Batman and Robin because they included Robin alot more. It may have also been a marketing ploy since Batman & Robin was the latest Batman movie at the time.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger @KALofKRYPTON Star Trek Discovery is getting a DVD/blu-ray release in November, U.S only currently no news on a UK release, will you be buying it if we get it?

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo Nope.
It's been a decent show despite the many flaws, but I've no wish to re-watch it.

Second season looks like they're planning on making it significantly more fun, which will certainly help.

Thankfully, The Orville has shown that post-BSG heavy-grim-drama Sci Fi isn't the only TV sci fi that works.

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON yeah the Orville was pretty good, better than i expected it was going to be, i think that's out on DVD soon too, October i think

but your right not every show has to be dark and gritty like BSG or GOT but i guess because they are popular other shows are going to chase them

Edited on by FullbringIchigo

RogerRoger

@WanderingBullet @Tasuki The Amazon UK listing for the Batman: The Animated Series Blu-Ray says it contains "all 109 episodes" alongside the two feature films. If you add up all the episodes of BtAS, The Adventures of Batman & Robin and, more importantly, The New Batman Adventures, it comes to a total of 109. We're getting everything before Batman Beyond, the whole lot; I'd hope it's the same for you guys in Region 1.

@FullbringIchigo Sorry for going quiet during all the Trek excitement (life happened) but to answer your question, no, I won't be getting Star Trek: Discovery on Blu-Ray. I've got 4K Netflix and haven't felt the urge to rewatch the season thusfar; if I ever do (and I can't imagine I will, but never say never) I can just run it through via there. I don't wanna be a jerk about it, but I simply can't support that type of Star Trek with an actual purchase. I'm glad it's doing well for those who like it, but it ain't for me. I'll watch Season Two with fingers tightly crossed, but my attention is now focused on Picard.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger IF we get the Picard series, i'm excited for it but apparently they haven't found a distributor for outside the U.S yet

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo I'm certain they will. It'll either get swept up as part of the Netflix deal, or somebody else will grab it. Alongside the US and Germany, the UK keeps Star Trek alive. We freakin' love that show.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

WanderingBullet

@RogerRoger Good to know. Thank you. Amazon's (US) product info sometimes isn't very accurate when comes to movies or tv shows. I still remembered when I pre-ordered Avatar: The Last Airbender Blu-ray set it stated that it only has 1 disc in it when it was supposed to be 9 discs instead. There were other Blu-rays I bought from them too that had incorrect content information as well.

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger unless CBS decide to roll out All Access over here, there have been rumours about it

RogerRoger

@WanderingBullet My pleasure. I was keen to find out what I'd pre-ordered anyway!

@FullbringIchigo That's a good point. Disney are doing the same with their streaming service; my partner and I had a free trial of that a couple weeks ago and it was pretty decent, but missing a few key films that are still out on licence to other platforms. Were CBS to unify all their content, it'd make for a necessary subscription (probably right when the DC one goes live, too).

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic