Forums

Topic: The TV Show Thread

Posts 421 to 440 of 4,463

FullbringIchigo

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

JohnnyShoulder

@WanderingBullet Ooooh good find, l was well into that show as a kid.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

JohnnyShoulder

For the UK crew it is one penny under 60 pounds on Amazon. But it looks like that is only the Blu rays with none of the fancy extras.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@WanderingBullet Want. So very want.

I'm also really pleased that they've included Batman: Mask of the Phantasm and Batman Vs. Mister Freeze: Sub-Zero, because I wasn't looking forward to double-dipping for the individual releases and having an incomplete set.

Could do without the Funko Pops (I loathe them) but otherwise I'll be all over that, thanks!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@Fullbringlchigo @KALofKRYPTON Specifically tagging you guys here, for obvious reasons!

So it looks like the rumours really were true! Patrick Stewart just walked onto the stage of a Star Trek convention in Las Vegas, accompanied by Robert Orci (with Jonathan Frakes and LeVar Burton watching from the wings), and announced that he's returning to play Jean-Luc Picard in a forthcoming series still in early pre-production.

I am overjoyed, to say the least.

Untitled

He's also saying all the right things about how Star Trek has changed, and that he's been re-watching a lot of Star Trek: The Next Generation of late and that the project will "be exactly as it was before" because he respects that "the power and the benefits of that show continue to grow".

Full story, statements and pictures here:

http://trekcore.com/blog/2018/08/patrick-stewart-returns-new-...

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger I am hopeful. Roberto Orci is a bad 'un though, do not have any faith in him whatsoever.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

WanderingBullet

@Tasuki I wonder if it the set includes The New Batman Adventures as well.

I checked Wikipedia and it says Batman: The Animated Series has 85 episodes in total whereas The New Batman Adventures has 24 episodes.

Huntin' monsters erryday.

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger yeah i saw it too, to say i'm excited is an understatement also and i tag @KALofKRYPTON in this too, that was Alex Kurtzman not Roberto Orci and i think he has what it takes to do Trek, remember while he was an executive producer on Discovery he didn't really have any say in the day to day stuff, that was Berg and Harberts but they were fired and now Kurtzman is the showrunner and he has done some good TV shows in the past, films not so much but he is good at TV

and Kurtzman IS a Star Trek fan too

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo Not referencing Discovery, have a look in to Orci. He's a douche. In it for the money and no more.

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON yeah i know he is

RogerRoger

@WanderingBullet As noted by @JohnnyShoulder there is a Region 2 collection which is just the Blu-Rays (including the two films). We miss the art cards and book, but also skip the hideous Funko Pops and, to be honest, that's a decent trade-off for me (especially when I consider that, when I got the deluxe Batman '66 Blu-Ray box, I briefly flipped through the book once and left the Corgi Batmobile untouched). I'm sure other regions will get the same "basic" version.

@KALofKRYPTON @FullbringIchigo Well, musings on Orci aside, I've always felt that Star Trek was strongest when it had a unifying creative presence (Rick Berman) rather than a handful of scattershot writers and directors. Besides, Sir Patrick is in the room; he said that they're talking story and developing scripts together, and so I trust him because he's fiercely protective of Picard (and I've heard Orci talk lovingly AND accurately about The Next Generation in interviews, too, so it can't be all bluster to land the paycheque).

Seeing that Jonathan Frakes and LeVar Burton were there, too, and knowing how close the entire cast still are to this day, I'm really hoping that we'll see a full on-screen reunion at some point. Wishing for a thing may not make it so, but then we wished for a Picard series, and look what happened!

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger you know i don't need a full on screen reunion but i would love it if each TNG character showed up at least once

i wouldn't care if the entire series was each crew member visiting Picard at his Vineyard for a cup of tea, we are getting new Star Trek and for the first time in years it's POST Nemesis content, not a prequel or a reboot but an actual continuation of the series

Untitled

Edited on by FullbringIchigo

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo I know. I can't wait!

Just avoid many of the fan site comment sections. One comment I saw immediately started talking about what the sets and uniforms should look like, and others started weighing in. Drove me up the wall. I genuinely don't care; it's twenty years after Star Trek Nemesis, they can look like whatever the heck they wanna look like (they don't even need to look like the "All Good Things..." / "Endgame" uniforms, as they were both alternate timelines and therefore alternate realities).

As you say, I'd happily watch Picard pottering about at home for hours. I'm sure it won't be that (nowadays things need to explode more often than they did on TNG, although Sir Patrick stressed the reason he's coming back is because the world needs hopeful, diplomatic, level-headed and compassionate crisis resolution) but whatever it is, it's gonna be awesome!

I'm thinking Q might also come back. He did, after all, tell Picard that the trial never ends and that he'd see him again, only to then never see him again. My money would be on Picard facing his mortality and Q helping or testing him in some way, as part of the wider trial.

And I was gonna change my avatar to a Picard one, but you beat me to it!

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo @RogerRoger
I live in hope.
Hopefully they'll look to the books for the story content. Picard has a bit of a rough time immediately post Nemesis, which all leads on to other interesting things.

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger i would be OK with new uniforms but they if they were going to use any already established uniforms then they should use the "Countdown" Uniforms
Untitled
after all this series will be set after the destruction of Romulus (Romulus was destroyed about 7 years after Nemesis although i agree it would be awesome to see that on screen)

that's assuming we even SEE any Starfleet officers after all he did say Picard wasn't necessarily still IN Starfleet in this new show

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic