Forums

Topic: The TV Show Thread

Posts 381 to 386 of 386

KratosMD

So these past couple of weeks I've been really invested in Japanese TV shows because I've been wanting to learn more about the culture and the language, so I've been practically watching them nonstop. The shows I've been watching are: Blazing Transfer Students, Good Morning Call, Samurai Gourmet, Tokyo Diner: Midnight Stories, Million Yen Women, Atelier and a little bit of Hibana Spark. The last one was really boring so I had to stop watching it. These rest were pretty good, with Good Morning Call, Million Yen Women and Atelier standing out the most as well-written shows.

Looking forward now to watching S2 of Good Morning Call next week and the newly-added show on Netflix 'The Many Faces of Ito'. I'm seriously impressed by how many good Japanese TV shows there are on Netflix. I definitely recommend watching them if you are feeling like me or if you just want something different.

'To judge others by your own standard is the height of folly'
'They fail to live because they are always preparing to live' - Alan Watts

KratosMD

Started watching a new Netflix Original today called 'Dark'. It's more or less Stranger Things but it takes place in Germany instead, so naturally the whole show is in German. It has a much more serious tone than Stranger Things, however, which makes it more appealing to me. The first episode was pretty good so it seems like a show worth watching.

PS_Nation

@KratosMD I watched the trailer, it looks interesting, let's see.

PS_Nation

KratosMD

So apparently Netflix is continuing House of Cards without Kevin Spacey and making Robin Wright the lead of the show now. I don't know how I feel about this since Spacey was the one who really made the show what it is. I just can't see how this final season is going to wrap up the show in a good way.

But I guess it's better than leaving it at a cliffhanger.

Edited on by KratosMD

RogerRoger

@KratosMD Given the cliffhanger to the last season, there's a very easy way (without spoiling anything) to sideline Spacey's character to verbal references and focus on Wright. In fact, without that cliffhanger, I don't think they could be doing what they're now doing.

Problem is, they'd already filmed half the season when Anthony Rapp went public with his story about Spacey, or at least that's what I understood the situation to be. They're likely gonna have to wipe out months of work and start again, salvaging what few scenes they can that didn't include Spacey and re-writing the entire storyline.

A big, disgusted part of me was happy to walk away, but I've got enough respect of Wright and her ability to carry the show (she's superb) to give this a look-see when it returns.

"Roger roger."

KratosMD

I just finished watching 'Dark' and the show was absolutely brilliant. The first episode was great, the following four episodes were boring as heck but it made up for them in the latter half of the show. So if you have the patience to go through basically the first half of the show, you will be greatly rewarded with some incredible episodes afterwards.

I'm usually sick of shows that have time travel as its theme but this one did it pretty well. It's not too Sci-Fi and it tries to incorporate science into the concept in order to make it more grounded, and I think it succeeded in that regards.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic