Forums

Topic: The TV Show Thread

Posts 381 to 400 of 624

KratosMD

So these past couple of weeks I've been really invested in Japanese TV shows because I've been wanting to learn more about the culture and the language, so I've been practically watching them nonstop. The shows I've been watching are: Blazing Transfer Students, Good Morning Call, Samurai Gourmet, Tokyo Diner: Midnight Stories, Million Yen Women, Atelier and a little bit of Hibana Spark. The last one was really boring so I had to stop watching it. These rest were pretty good, with Good Morning Call, Million Yen Women and Atelier standing out the most as well-written shows.

Looking forward now to watching S2 of Good Morning Call next week and the newly-added show on Netflix 'The Many Faces of Ito'. I'm seriously impressed by how many good Japanese TV shows there are on Netflix. I definitely recommend watching them if you are feeling like me or if you just want something different.

Best games as voted by the PushSquare community:
PS1: Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy VII, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Final Fantasy IX, Tomb Raider II

KratosMD

Started watching a new Netflix Original today called 'Dark'. It's more or less Stranger Things but it takes place in Germany instead, so naturally the whole show is in German. It has a much more serious tone than Stranger Things, however, which makes it more appealing to me. The first episode was pretty good so it seems like a show worth watching.

PS1: Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy VII, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Final Fantasy IX, Tomb Raider II

PS_Nation

@KratosMD I watched the trailer, it looks interesting, let's see.

PS_Nation

KratosMD

So apparently Netflix is continuing House of Cards without Kevin Spacey and making Robin Wright the lead of the show now. I don't know how I feel about this since Spacey was the one who really made the show what it is. I just can't see how this final season is going to wrap up the show in a good way.

But I guess it's better than leaving it at a cliffhanger.

Edited on by KratosMD

RogerRoger

@KratosMD Given the cliffhanger to the last season, there's a very easy way (without spoiling anything) to sideline Spacey's character to verbal references and focus on Wright. In fact, without that cliffhanger, I don't think they could be doing what they're now doing.

Problem is, they'd already filmed half the season when Anthony Rapp went public with his story about Spacey, or at least that's what I understood the situation to be. They're likely gonna have to wipe out months of work and start again, salvaging what few scenes they can that didn't include Spacey and re-writing the entire storyline.

A big, disgusted part of me was happy to walk away, but I've got enough respect of Wright and her ability to carry the show (she's superb) to give this a look-see when it returns.

"It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness; that is life."
Cpt. Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate: 42923.4

KratosMD

I just finished watching 'Dark' and the show was absolutely brilliant. The first episode was great, the following four episodes were boring as heck but it made up for them in the latter half of the show. So if you have the patience to go through basically the first half of the show, you will be greatly rewarded with some incredible episodes afterwards.

I'm usually sick of shows that have time travel as its theme but this one did it pretty well. It's not too Sci-Fi and it tries to incorporate science into the concept in order to make it more grounded, and I think it succeeded in that regards.

PS_Nation

I started to watch Dark, the first two episodes and i'm loving it already, another great tv show to follow. It's really great that Netflix is looking for shows in another countries, can't forget that they are always making animes with original voices.

Mindhunter is another great show created this year by Netflix, it's sad that the show is being snubbed by awards, imo.

PS_Nation

mookysam

I've been watching Inuyashiki Last Hero, which Amazon recommended after I finished Ronja. I wasn't sure what to expect as it sounded really weird, but it's excellent so far. The protagonist, Inuyashiki, is an middle-aged man who looks older than he is and is ignored by society and even his family. One day he is accidentally killed by a spaceship and then brought back to life as a robot. He's a great character and very kind to both people and animals. The theme tune is cool too. Anyhoo highly recommended!

Switch FC: SW-7078-8737-1884

PSN: mookysam

KratosMD

Finished watching 'Sweet Tooth Kantaro' and 'Erased' (Netflix) now. The former was great to watch while eating snacks (and if you're interested in Japanese sweets). The latter was more of a serious, mystery show about a guy travelling through time in order to prevent past murders from happening. It was a pretty emotional show overall, highly recommend it.

Now I've started to watch 'The Mist' on Netflix. This show just screams Stephen King and the first episode has managed to capture my attention so far. The characters are as generic as can be (the group of protagonists reminds me of the one from Fear the Walking Dead) so that aspect leaves much to desire, but hopefully they'll grow on me over time. The plot is definitely the most interesting part here, so that will be my main drive for watching the show.

KratosMD

Finished watching 'The Mist' the other week. Amazing plot but incredibly forgettable characters, but it's still worth a watch.

Currently watching Gotham S3 on Netflix and the show has been incredible so far. S2 was the best season yet since they started showing off more villains compared to S1 and it made the episodes much more enjoyable to watch. I especially loved the performance of the actor who played Young Joker, he was so good. Pretty much on the same level as Heath Ledger in The Dark Knight movies. It was great to see the origin stories of more villains that are recognisable, basically. And S3 is starting off well with even more villains. I've really become a fan of the Batman universe now thanks to all the lore.

ApostateMage

I've heard that Netflix are making a Witcher TV series based on the books. I really hope they do it justice.

ApostateMage

KratosMD

Finished watching Gotham S3 awhile ago and now I've finished watching S4 of Reign. I've been watching this show for years now and I have to say that the season finale (and the last episode of the show overall) was massively disappointing. This is a show that likes to take its time and go really in depth with each episode, but the season finale literally rushed through everything just to wrap things up quickly (since I'm guessing they weren't planning on making S5). And because of that, they left so many questions unanswered and also ended the story on an extremely low note. As a long time watcher, I can't be anything other than (frustratingly) disappointed. It feels like all these episodes of build up were for nothing.

Edited on by KratosMD

KratosMD

Started watching a new show on Netflix called 'My Next Guest Needs No Introduction: With David Letterman' after seeing that the first episode would have Barack Obama as a guest and it's honestly pretty good. It has a nice mix of humour and story telling along with some documentary moments regarding American history. The first episode was a delight and I highly recommend watching it.

PS_Nation

I'm watching Peaky Blinders for the first time, it's pretty awesome. It has four seasons already.

PS_Nation

JohnnyShoulder

@PS_Nation Really enjoyed Peaky Blinders, but was a bit disappointed that another season was commissioned after the third as I thought that ended at a good point. Still wanna see the fourth though. Cillian Murphy is ace as is the rest of the cast and the Brummie accent always makes me chuckle.

I usually rotate between the 3 main streaming services (Netflix, NOW TV & Amazon Prime) and I'm currently using Netflix. I don't usually binge watch programs, usually just one or two episodes per week and I try to watch a few different shows at a time until I reach the end of the season. At the moment watching season 4 of Black Mirror. I like the sideways swipe at stuff like social media and politics and the pitch black humour.

JohnnyShoulder

PS_Nation

@JohnnyShoulder Started the third season now, it's pretty awesome and Cillian Murphy really is a great actor, he deserves more leading roles on movies and tv shows. He is really great on Nolan movies, but I still hope he is the leading actor someday.

Black Mirror is really great as well, I only discovered recently when they added on Netflix. Already finished the fourth season. We don't have Now TV here in my country, I will check for more informations about it. I only have Netflix, Amazon (but it doesn't have much content in my country) and HBO on television.

Edited on by PS_Nation

PS_Nation

JohnnyShoulder

@PS_Nation Only really use NOW tv for Game of thrones and to watch Premier League football. A few other good shows like The Night Of and Fortitude which i enjoyed. Not too fussed on the DC tv shows and prefer the Marvel stuff on Netflix.

JohnnyShoulder

KratosMD

Finished watching season 4 of Black Sails. What a disappointing season to end the series. Literally each episode would have 30-40 minutes of talk, talk, talk and then a couple of minutes of action scenes or not even any at all. It was so dull to watch it and the events that happened felt so discouraging. You know how movies/TV shows start off neutral, then everything takes a turn for the worse and then everything gradually recovers and finally it all ends on a positive note. Well here, it literally was: 'Everything has become worse, now they've become even more worse, then worse, then even more worse and then at the end it became a little better'. It wasn't satisfying AT ALL. And to make things even worse, this was the last season since they've now cancelled the show. Good riddance I say, but they should've just ended it with season 3 in all honesty. Season 4 felt like a drag all the freaking time.

I really don't get what is happening with these shows that used to be so freaking good back when they first aired. Reign ended so disappointingly and now this show, both that had excellent seasons prior to their final one. Even shows like Arrow are starting to become old really fast. The series creators for some of these shows should really just stop while they're ahead.

Rudy_Manchego

I finally caught up and watched the first season of Westworld. I really liked it - some interesting themes, well explored. Also some great acting. A few twists were predictable but even so, well done. I think season 2 is coming in the first half of this year.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

https://jambags.co.uk

Twitter:

PS_Nation

Are you guys excited for Altered Carbon? It's a new show made by Netflix with cyberpunk settings, it's coming on the next week already. It looks really interesting judging by the trailer. I love Blade Runner, so it's a must-watch for me, let's hope for a great show.

PS_Nation

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic