Forums

Topic: The TV Show Thread

Posts 381 to 400 of 4,400

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger well whenever it arrives, you're in for a treat.

One the few consistently captivating shows I've watched.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Tasuki

Finished Riverdale tonight and my God what a great ending to a great season. I will agree and say this season is better then the last ( not that the last was bad mind you) and the way they set things up for next season makes me kinda upset now that I have to wait a whole year for the next one. Easily one of my favorite shows.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger Have you seen the Trek news for the day? It's rather exciting.

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON yeah i shared it yesterday (UK time) although i completely forgot we had a TV thread so i posted it on the Chit-Chat one instead

EDIT: there are rumours going around that a new show would have Patrick Stewart in it (as a main or guest) so if that's true it would have to be a post Nemesis/Countdown series

Edited on by FullbringIchigo

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo Yeah - I think the Destiny story would be a good fit, possibly a bit too ambitious though.

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Thanks for the tag but yeah, @Fullbringlchigo had you beat. Exciting stuff, especially the Sir Patrick Stewart part! Makes for quite the early birthday present!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@KratosMD Cool, glad it turned out ok as I remember you saying you were finding it boring.

I'm watching all the Netflix Marvel stuff in chronological order so have still got Iron fist and the Defenders to watch before I get to that. Hopefully it won't go over to Disney's streaming service before I get round to it.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

JohnnyShoulder

@KratosMD I don't mind stuff with a slower build up as long as the end result pays off. Sometimes it helps to let characters or the plot develop.

Oh yeah forgot about The Punisher! Think that comes after The Defenders and before JJ season 2.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

KALofKRYPTON

@KratosMD I may start this later. I've been holding off on watching anything I'm particularly interested in as I'm down an eye for a bit. But I really enjoyed most of the first season.

Diamond Back was pretty poor; but the rest of it was really watchable.

KALofKRYPTON

@KratosMD Yeah, I saw the trailer and guessed who it would be; not bad for a DC bloke!

KALofKRYPTON

@KratosMD Good call on Season 2. Soundtrack is, for the want of a better word - lit!
Fair few favourites in there. Even Esperanza Spalding, who's kind of a genius!

Also, the guy playing BM is American!? His delivery, intonation and cadence is excellent!

Edited on by KALofKRYPTON

RogerRoger

So the second season of Westworld came to a thundering end.

Completely unlike the even pacing of the first season, this spent nine episodes building up to a 90-minute finale which raced to deliver every pay-off imaginable. I don't know whether that made it better or not; just different, but it was certainly satisfying.

There were some beautiful moments throughout, like the incredibly lavish episode that took place almost entirely in a different park, or the genuinely touching episode told from the perspective of a Native American we'd always made certain assumptions about. It was all very in-keeping with the production levels, if perhaps not as complex and narratively engaging as it could've been.

Again, they've ended with enough of a conclusion that I'm not sure where a third season will go (there was a moment where I thought it was all done, and then an extra scene was tagged on before the credits which did all the hinting at the future; part of me thinks they added that quickly when they realised they'd be back next year). There's plenty of unanswered questions, but they're questions which perhaps don't need an answer when the bigger picture has been filled in so much, and so well.

It's all oddly compelling. I'll probably tune back in when it returns.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Gremio108

@RogerRoger I'm a bit behind - I've just watched the Native American episode. I thought it was a very good episode in an up-to-now patchy season. But I didn't realise how good season 1 was until the end, so I'll reserve judgement until I finish it.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

RogerRoger

@Gremio108 Yeah, it'll be interesting to see what you think once you've seen it all through (there's a post-credits scene, by the way; we nearly missed it, so just a heads-up).

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@KratosMD
How good is S2 of Luke Cage though?!
Easily top of the pile for the Marvel shows for me. They even managed to make Danny not suck anymore, which was a welcome touch .

It does almost fall prey to the Marvel mid-season lull, but they really did hold it together and keep it nice and tight for the most part.

The soundtrack playlist on Spotify has been on pretty heavy rotation too.

Hopefully S2 of Punisher will a little more than just lots if Jon Bernthall grunting. #notmypunisher #raystevenson lol

KALofKRYPTON

@KratosMD Crap! I thought you'd finished. I hope the Danny thing wasn't a spoiler.

KALofKRYPTON

@KratosMD Good. Well, I certainly enjoyed watching a de-annoying-whiny-pricked version of Danny Rand. Iron Fist really could've been awesome if they'd moved him to where he is now about half way through the show.

AhmadSumadi

@KratosMD my son loved it because all the bad guys had Jamaican accents like his grandfather (my dad). He especially loved how they use Jamaican words that I’d say to him and that one of the bad guys have the same name as me (Sheldon).

AhmadSumadi

AhmadSumadi

Just started watching “Samantha!” on Netflix. Have no idea why I started watching it but kept watching because the lead his a hottie. It’s quite funny as well.

AhmadSumadi

KALofKRYPTON

@AhmadSumadi @KratosMD

"...sayin he's faster than Usain Bolt now!"

Line of the show!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic