Forums

Topic: The TV Show Thread

Posts 321 to 340 of 4,448

mookysam

I've been watching Inuyashiki Last Hero, which Amazon recommended after I finished Ronja. I wasn't sure what to expect as it sounded really weird, but it's excellent so far. The protagonist, Inuyashiki, is an middle-aged man who looks older than he is and is ignored by society and even his family. One day he is accidentally killed by a spaceship and then brought back to life as a robot. He's a great character and very kind to both people and animals. The theme tune is cool too. Anyhoo highly recommended!

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

ApostateMage

I've heard that Netflix are making a Witcher TV series based on the books. I really hope they do it justice.

ApostateMage

PS_Nation

I'm watching Peaky Blinders for the first time, it's pretty awesome. It has four seasons already.

PS_Nation

JohnnyShoulder

@PS_Nation Really enjoyed Peaky Blinders, but was a bit disappointed that another season was commissioned after the third as I thought that ended at a good point. Still wanna see the fourth though. Cillian Murphy is ace as is the rest of the cast and the Brummie accent always makes me chuckle.

I usually rotate between the 3 main streaming services (Netflix, NOW TV & Amazon Prime) and I'm currently using Netflix. I don't usually binge watch programs, usually just one or two episodes per week and I try to watch a few different shows at a time until I reach the end of the season. At the moment watching season 4 of Black Mirror. I like the sideways swipe at stuff like social media and politics and the pitch black humour.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

PS_Nation

@JohnnyShoulder Started the third season now, it's pretty awesome and Cillian Murphy really is a great actor, he deserves more leading roles on movies and tv shows. He is really great on Nolan movies, but I still hope he is the leading actor someday.

Black Mirror is really great as well, I only discovered recently when they added on Netflix. Already finished the fourth season. We don't have Now TV here in my country, I will check for more informations about it. I only have Netflix, Amazon (but it doesn't have much content in my country) and HBO on television.

Edited on by PS_Nation

PS_Nation

JohnnyShoulder

@PS_Nation Only really use NOW tv for Game of thrones and to watch Premier League football. A few other good shows like The Night Of and Fortitude which i enjoyed. Not too fussed on the DC tv shows and prefer the Marvel stuff on Netflix.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Rudy_Manchego

I finally caught up and watched the first season of Westworld. I really liked it - some interesting themes, well explored. Also some great acting. A few twists were predictable but even so, well done. I think season 2 is coming in the first half of this year.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

PS_Nation

Are you guys excited for Altered Carbon? It's a new show made by Netflix with cyberpunk settings, it's coming on the next week already. It looks really interesting judging by the trailer. I love Blade Runner, so it's a must-watch for me, let's hope for a great show.

PS_Nation

PS_Nation

@KratosMD Not yet, I'm finishing some shows on Netflix first, but I want to start it soon.

PS_Nation

JohnnyShoulder

Altered Carbon looks really good! And it's been getting some strong reviews from what I can see.

I've started watching Mindhunter on Netflix. Wasn't too keen on the first episode, but it clicked for me from the second episode. I like how one serial killer (or sequence killer as they call them) is so open and casual about the horrific things he has done. The chemistry is good between the two FBI agents, almost as good as Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson in season 1 of True Detective.

PS_Nation

@JohnnyShoulder Mindhunter is so underrated imo, also many awards snubbed this show not mentioning the amazing acting. It's easily one of the best tv shows released last year. You can't go wrong with David Fincher.

PS_Nation

JohnnyShoulder

@PS_Nation I didn't realise it missed out on some awards. Pfffft, what do they know?

@KratosMD Yeah watched Hannibal, one of the few TV series I've managed to stick with it and get through it all. You're right Mads is ace in it.

Manhunt: Unabomber is supposed to good too.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

PS_Nation

I discovered another great tv show on Netflix and it's called La Casa de Papel, pretty awesome. It's a Spanish tv show about robbers who invade the Factory of Moneda. Great characters and narrative,

PS_Nation

RR529

After a bit of a hiatus, I'm finally getting back into Netflix.

Currently watching (and almost done) with Marvel's the Punisher, but I have a huge backlog of stuff I've missed out on, lol.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

RR529

@KratosMD, it took a few episodes to grow on me, but I am liking it. Not sure if it's my favorite one, though.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

JohnnyShoulder

@RR529 I've just finished season two of Daredevil so was thinking of watching Punisher next. What is your fave Marvel show on Netflix?

RR529

@JohnnyShoulder, I really liked Luke Cage, as it doesn't tip toe around the fact that it's part of the MCU as much as the others tend to do (I don't need or want Iron Man or Thor references shoehorned into everything, and understand that these series are meant to be mostly stand alone, but it feels like they usually try too hard to distance themselves).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

crippyd

I'm really struggling with the Marvel TV shows, they don't seem to be a patch on the films. The pacing seems to be far too slow (for me, at least) and too many episodes. The Punisher is the best of the bunch in my opinion but even that is too slow and hardly any punishing gets done. I think I've got about 4 episodes left to watch but it has been a struggle so far.

crippyd

JohnnyShoulder

@crippyd As they are tv series they will be a bit slower paced than the films. More time for character building etc and less on action heavy scenes. Plus the budget will be less than the movies so that will effect what they can do.

Not seen em all yet but I do like Daredevil. The combat reminds me of Chris Nolans Batman films. Violent, visceral but realistic at the same time.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Tasuki

@crippyd I agree I tried to get the Netflix shows but just couldn't. Got about half way through each and just stopped watching them. I think the only one I finished was Luke Cage. Of course I could just be burnt out on the whole Super Hero thing as well.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic