Topic: The TV Show Thread

Posts 301 to 320 of 4,400

kyleforrester87

Rest in Peace to John Dunsworth who played Jim Lahey in Trailer Park Boys

One of my absolute favourites.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

crippyd

My wife and I are going to be hitting that up tonight when the kids have gone to bed. Really looking forward to it as that has been one of the best things on TV in a very long time.

crippyd

PS_Nation

I'm also watching Stranger Things, one of my favorite series now, also finished to watch Mindhunter and it's frickin amazing, great acting and narrative.

Btw, Showtime will produce The Kingkiller Chronicle tv show, the books are great and it has a huge potential for a great tv show.

PS_Nation

crippyd

@KratosMD I've watched 6 episodes so far and I'm loving it! It is going in some really interesting directions and I love the '80s setting and references. I'll be finished it by tomorrow night I would think.

crippyd

Splat

Stranger Things is top notch. Probably my favorite show right now.

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

PSN: Splathew

Tasuki

Started season 2 of Riverdale last night and so far I am enjoying it just as much if not more then season one. Also started The Flash and Arrow last night as well and as always enjoying Flash, Arrow though I am wondering why I still watch it at times.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

usb

Really sad to see that Red Oakes will not be getting a season 4. Its a criminally under watched show that really deserved to carry on. Also sad to see the end of Halt and Catch fire which for me was one of the best written shows of the last few years. The final few episodes were really touching and emotional.

Falling Water has been suprisngly good and looking forward to seeing there they take the show next year.

usb

PSN: noodledreamz

RR529

KuroMukuro (Netflix Original) - The latest mecha anime I've watched on Netflix, and my favorite of the bunch. Turns out that all those stories of Ogres in Feudal Japan were true, except that they were really alien invaders! Now when they return in modern day, Japan (and the Earth)'s best hope of winning rests on the shoulders of the mech they excavated from the previous invasion, piloted by the samurai who was in suspended animation inside the frame.

Fuller House season 3 (Netflix Original) - More of the same, but that's what I'm in it for. I do hope the entirety (or at least majority) of season 4 is set in Japan, though.

Currently watching Stranger Things season 2 (Netflix Original).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

A-Leal

Every night before bed, I've been re-watching The Office (US version), I've seen this show completely so many times. Always a treat to re-watch it. I was so happy when I found out it was on the Canadian Netflix.

Edited on by A-Leal

A-Leal

Th3solution

@KratosMD So if you were to recommend the order to watch the Marvel shows (sounds like you have watched most or all) what would it be?
I started Daredevil and made it through half of the first season. I liked it but just not enough to binge it. Also watched the pilot of Jessica Jones, but that’s all. At this point, I’m so overwhelmed by all of them, I don’t know where to start and what order to watch them in to get the full effect. So I end up watching none and just playing video games instead

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

WanderingBullet

@KratosMD

My favourites in order:

1. Daredevil (Season 1)
2. Daredevil (Season 2)
3. Luke Cage
4. Jessica Jones
5. The Defenders
6. Iron Fist

But yeah, like @Th3solution mentioned, the the shows are basically in chronological order.

Looking forward to The Punisher, now.

Huntin' monsters erryday.

RR529

Finished up Stranger Things season 2 (Netflix Original)!

Amazing! I don't want to spoil anything, but it was a great season.

Netflix is really on fire as of late. There's like 4-5 Netflix Original series out now or in the next few weeks I want to see, and even a couple movies.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

PS_Nation

Black Sails is great indeed, i'm still waiting for the last season on my Netflix.

My favorite shows made by Netflix are: Stranger Things, Bojack Horseman, Mindhunter, Daredevil and Narcos. Not sure if Better Call Saul and Black Mirror are also exclusives, but both are amazing as well and it's also my favorite shows.

PS_Nation

A-Leal

KratosMD wrote:

Finished watching The Defenders today and it was bloody good. As with Iron Fist, both of these shows were better than I expected. Hopefully they'll get more seasons in the future.

I'm currently watching Black Sails S4, the last season now. The first episode started off on a high note, so I hope the show will continue to deliver throughout the season.

I still need to watch The Defenders, I loved Daredevil (Oh, Season 3 begins filming today) Luke Cage, I haven't seen Iron Fist yet and The Punisher is going to be so very epic, hurry up Nov 17th!

A-Leal

A-Leal

KratosMD wrote:

@A-Leal Oh nice, didn't know there would be a season 3 of Daredevil. I hope the other Marvel shows also get more seasons and not just Daredevil as these are some amazing shows.

I'm also really looking forward to The Punisher. Can't hold on to my abstinence from Marvel any longer, lol.

You should watch Jessica Jones as well. It's really good and it has a very interesting villain to boot. It's not really necessary to watch it before The Defenders, but you absolutely have to watch Iron Fist at least before watching The Defenders or you will not understand a lot of the plot.

Jessica Jones!! I forgot I haven't seen that either.. There really needs to be more then 24 hours in a day, I work 10 hours then get home play some games for a couple hours or watch a few episodes of shows then off to bed.. I wish the Hyperbolic time chamber was real lol.. I booked off the 17th so I could binge watch The Punisher lol.

A-Leal

PS_Nation

Amazon will produce The Lord of the Rings tv series, it's already confirmed.
They are not joking around to compete with HBO and Netflix.

PS_Nation

Tasuki

@KratosMD I can understand the low score for Iron Fist. Iron Fist was delayed so many times, it was original planned to come out right after season 1 of Daredevil but kept getting pushed back. By the time it finally was released it was mediocre and it the delays seemed unwarranted.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

PS_Nation

@KratosMD I watched the trailer, it looks interesting, let's see.

PS_Nation

RogerRoger

@KratosMD Given the cliffhanger to the last season, there's a very easy way (without spoiling anything) to sideline Spacey's character to verbal references and focus on Wright. In fact, without that cliffhanger, I don't think they could be doing what they're now doing.

Problem is, they'd already filmed half the season when Anthony Rapp went public with his story about Spacey, or at least that's what I understood the situation to be. They're likely gonna have to wipe out months of work and start again, salvaging what few scenes they can that didn't include Spacey and re-writing the entire storyline.

A big, disgusted part of me was happy to walk away, but I've got enough respect of Wright and her ability to carry the show (she's superb) to give this a look-see when it returns.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

PS_Nation

I started to watch Dark, the first two episodes and i'm loving it already, another great tv show to follow. It's really great that Netflix is looking for shows in another countries, can't forget that they are always making animes with original voices.

Mindhunter is another great show created this year by Netflix, it's sad that the show is being snubbed by awards, imo.

PS_Nation

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic