Forums

Topic: The TV Show Thread

Posts 161 to 180 of 4,448

Speedy67

People. People. Stop talking about shows that aren't Robot Wars.

We all know the world needs Kentucky Fried Duck.
My website: https://stuffandthatreviews.wordpress.com/

PSN: Skymister01 | Twitter:

usb

@shadowofsparta I watched The Strain because of who was involved with it but it left me feeling dissapointed after sitting through the entire series. There were some good bits which they did not really expand on much (presuming they would talk more about them in series 2). But it did not grab me enough to watch the 2nd series.

In a marriage there needs to be a balance between work and time with your partner. No matter what the job saving lives or emptying bins you still need to work on your marriage. Neglect it and it fades and dies. Every job is important in different ways. Dr's save lives but what about the people who build the roads so the ambulances can get to the injured patients. Family time is not something you can ever get back. Kids grow up and leave.

There are lots of things that annoy me in TV shows but you need to look beyond that or you lose the enjoyment of losing yourself for 42 minutes while watching TV.

usb

PSN: noodledreamz

ShadowofSparta

@dryrain: To be honest a lot of the side characters are annoying me. They make some ridiculous decisions but I'm still kinda intrigued. It's not great but still has me. Midway through the season and the flashback dialogue scene between The German (drunk) and Abraham has to be one of the best scenes I've seen in a tv show. Came outta nowhere. I love The German, probably one of the reasons I'm still watching.

I get what you're saying. I'd like to think I'd be a little more understanding. That I'd sometimes think of the greater good that comes of something. Though I do understand possibly missing out on someone's childhood. Maybe I should get married and see haha. You've given me food for thought. I can usually tolerate a lot in tv shows but this trope tends to get me.

Edited on by ShadowofSparta

Sapere Aude

PSN: k-mysta | Twitter:

Quintumply

@Speedy67: Oh my god yes! Robot Wars is the bee's knees. Been loving the new series!

Also, yes, Stranger Things is absolutely top notch.

Quintumply

PSN: Quintumply | Twitter:

Speedy67

@Quintumply: The new Robot Wars is just as good as it was, everything is just right. Nuts was also by far the best robot.

We all know the world needs Kentucky Fried Duck.
My website: https://stuffandthatreviews.wordpress.com/

PSN: Skymister01 | Twitter:

crippyd

The new series of the strain starts on fx in the next couple of says, although I'm not sure if that is just the US.

crippyd

RR529

I've started up Hibana -Spark- (Netflix original).

Another exclusive coming with Netflix's deal with Fuji TV, it's set in Japan circa 2001, and follows an aspiring young comedian. He's part of a Manzai duo that call themselves "Sparks", and it's about how he meets an older Manzai artist that he starts to look up to as a mentor.

It's story hasn't really gripped me yet, but I really like the scenery of Tokyo. All the Japanese shows I've watched have made the cityscape look surprisingly beautiful, but this one by far has done it best. Following a young comedian, it really gets down into the unexplored backstreets of Tokyo as the characters look for inspiration, oftentimes spending many minutes at a time focusing on some street performer he runs into.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Splat

Just binge watched on Netflix and it's so freaking good.

Untitled

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

usb

Anyone intersted in Robot Wars there is another program with Robots battles on 5 star not sure what it is called though but looks like the same format

Hunters starts this week looking forward to that.

usb

BAMozzy

@dryrain: Is it BattleBots?

I was interested in Hunters but after learning it got cancelled after 1 series, I lost that interest...

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

usb

@BAMozzy yeah it is Battlebots. I did not realise Hunters got cancelled thats kind of annoying. If I like the show then it will annoy me even more

usb

BAMozzy

@dryrain: I always check with Syfy shows now as they seem to show a lot of cancelled shows these days. Quite enjoy Bitten but know that got cancelled after season 2, but hunters only lasted 1 series...

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Quintumply

@Speedy67: Sorry for the slow reply, but yeah, Nuts was definitely the best. I hope they get to do more series, I love it. Great Sunday telly.

Also, the most important television event of the year began last week - Great British Bake Off is back. Hope you've all been watching

Quintumply

usb

@quintumply I did not want to be the first to mention the Bakeoff but I do love that show. You have Mary Berry who loves a it of alcohol in her bakes her eyes light up. Paul who dunked a jaffa cake to some that would be grounds to throw him out of your house. I also enjoyed Nadia's program about going back to Bangladesh with little cooking segments. I hope she does more TV work.

Edited on by usb

usb

Quintumply

@dryrain: Someone had to start the conversation! I love Bake Off. Didn't see Nadia's programme, but I'm glad she did well off the back of winning last year.

Quintumply

Hego

@Splat: Great show and I'm not even an 80's kid! can't wait for season two, season 1 ended on a great cliffhanger

Hego

PSN: Duke-of-Styria

RR529

Finished up Hibana -Spark- (Netflix Original) today.

As I mentioned before, it follows the ups & downs of the career of a young Manzai comedian, Tokunaga, throughout the 00's. It was pretty decent, but I'd only recommend it if you're into Japanese content (and even so I'd recommend Good Morning Call & Atelier first).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

usb

Great British Bakeoff going over to channel 4. I just do not see it working as well on channel 4. Plus you have all the adverts which will make the program shorter. Anyway wait and see how it turns out next year, lets hope its not a soggy bottom

usb

RR529

Started rewatching season 1 of Supergirl on Netflix.

It has it's issues, but it'll give me something to watch until Marvel's Luke Cage (Netflix original) premiers. Also, I didn't get to see many of the later episodes anyway, when the rest of the family started losing interest.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic