Forums

Topic: The TV Show Thread

Posts 1,581 to 1,600 of 4,460

nessisonett

@RogerRoger Angel’s Irish accent is literally the worst thing I’ve ever heard as well. It crops up a few times and it sounds horrific every time. It’s somehow worse than Tom Cruise’s one in Far and Away, which is impressive.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

R1spam

@Th3solution I would agree that there are also huge positives to social media platforms and I thought they did a good job of alluding to that. It was very scary stuff though, not easy viewing but well worth it. Anyway I might try the highscore documentary for a bit more lighthearted watching!

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82

BearsEatBeets

Just noticed there is a Dragon's Dogma series on Netfix (anime). I never actually played the game but I might check it out.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

Th3solution

@R1spam Good idea — I’ve had that one in my watchlist for a while and just haven’t taken the time. If you do watch it let me know if it’s worth it.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

nessisonett

That Wandavision trailer makes it look really quite odd but I’m loving the look of it. I respect that they’re doing something different as Marvel projects have somewhat merged into the one tone in recent years. I like the elements from the recent Vision run as well, that’s one of the best runs of the 2010s!

JohnnyShoulder

Well this is disappointing:

Tagging @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy as I know you enjoyed the show also.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

HallowMoonshadow

... Well f$#k you too Netflix

Cheers for tagging me @JohnnyShoulder. I think the only other person who'd watched it on here was Kal... Dunno why as it's probably one of the best shows I watched last year.

I hope it's picked up somewhere, the show was left on such a cliffhanger! 😅

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

JohnnyShoulder

Yeah hopefully one of the other services pick it up @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy. I will keep my eyes peeled and ears close to the ground, and post any news here!

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Ralizah

@nessisonett As an American, I can't really tell the difference between a good and a bad Irish accent, thankfully.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

nessisonett

My Arrow binge has very quickly become an Arrowverse binge. Finished Season 3 of Arrow and Season 1 of The Flash last night and tonight I started Supergirl’s 1st season alongside the next seasons of both other shows. And I’ve to start watching Legends of Tomorrow around about halfway through these seasons. This is getting rather hard to keep track of so at least I have a guide 😅

zupertramp

Annnd Netflix just cancelled GLOW. I'm so done with Netflix. I mean I've only ever been an off and on subscriber anyway but they're doing absolutely everything they can to make me hate them.

Anyway, I normally stick to the movie thread but ugh, I'm so unhappy with this.

PSN: frownonfun
Switch: SW-5109-6573-1900 (Pops)

"One of the unloveliest and least enlightening aspects of contemporary discourse is the tendency to presume that whatever one disagrees with must be very simple—not only simple, but also simply wrong." - Elizabeth Bruenig

Th3solution

@Arugula So forgive my ignorance, but is Korra some kinda of offshoot from Avatar The Last Airbender? Does it pick up at the end of the series or is it entirely side content in a shared universe?

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Th3solution

@zupertramp Netflix does seem to be losing its mojo. A couple years ago they were just nailing it with each new show, and now they just seem to have lost their way — good shows that they cancel, new shows that are big misses. And with the immense amount of competition now with so many streaming services, they gotta be sweating about gradual loss of market share. I don’t know the numbers but I’m just guessing based on gut instinct.

nessisonett

@Th3solution I quite liked The Witcher but other than that, their output is 99% extremely cheap and nasty rom-coms.

zupertramp

Well whatever they may have been, I'm solidly anti-Netflix at this point. That's like the 6th show I've had cancelled on me. And there must be a handful of others I intended to start but never did because they got cancelled anyway.

@nessisonett I really enjoyed The Flash for a while there but right around season 5 I just stopped caring. The villain didn't help along with other things but, y'know, spoilers and all that. Also watched Supergirl for a few seasons but it just got so, er, unsubtle that I had to stop. Never got into Arrow though. Would have liked to but there's just too much to catch up on now.

PSN: frownonfun
Switch: SW-5109-6573-1900 (Pops)

"One of the unloveliest and least enlightening aspects of contemporary discourse is the tendency to presume that whatever one disagrees with must be very simple—not only simple, but also simply wrong." - Elizabeth Bruenig

nessisonett

@zupertramp I found a really good guide that just lists every episode of the Arrowverse in order. I’ll be starting Legends of Tomorrow in the coming days and that’ll be basically every show at once for the foreseeable future. Supergirl’s alright so far, it feels a bit naff but honestly so have literally every Superman-esque adaptation in some way.

Tjuz

@zupertramp The G.L.O.W. cancellation really is a shame. I loved that show, even if the third season was quite weak. I can understand the reversal from a business perspective, but that doesn't mean it doesn't really hurt! This is after truTV also reversed their decision to renew I'm Sorry for a third season... after they were already filming and had to shut down. Damn it! I hope all my other shows stay safe, because I don't know how much more of this I can take before turning into a grumpy old man.

On a more happy note, The Haunting of Bly Manor is out on Netflix today! I'm typing this as I'm about to start the first two episodes in a little bit. Anyone else gonna watch it today?

Tjuz

JohnnyShoulder

@Tjuz Doubt I'll watch it tonight as Friday is usually film night for me, but will defo catch it over the weekend! But really looking forward to it, manage to avoid all trailers and stories about it, so hopefully will be full of surprises. Got the final episode of The Boys to watch too, so that comes first.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic