Forums

Topic: The TV Show Thread

Posts 141 to 160 of 4,463

crippyd

@dryrain I would agree on Outcast, it has really impressed me. I've not watched Mr Robot but heard really good things so I will get on that at some point. I'm just reading the Outcast graphic novels and they are great (seems the show is following them quite closely, unlike Preacher).

crippyd

ShadowofSparta

Stranger Things is absolutely fantastic. The 80s aesthetic, the nods to films like Under The Skin, Evil Dead, Super 8 and ET are all brilliant. Highly recommend it along with Spotless, a very interesting joint Franco- English series that caught me by surprise. Netflix keeps getting better.

Sapere Aude

PSN: k-mysta | Twitter:

RR529

@crippyd, yeah, season 2 of Daredevil was really good, with the Punisher storyline being the highlight.

I was only disappointed by the fact that the Punisher storyline seemed to be the secondary focus of the season, as I really didn't click with the whole Electra/Hand story (I'm still not quite sure what was going on there, though I won't go into detail because spoilers).

Then again, I'm not someone who's read the comics, so take my opinions on these sorts of things with a grain of salt.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

crippyd

@RR529 I've not read any Daredevil comics either so I'm just watching and enjoying the TV show.

crippyd

crippyd

@KratosMD That's a fine list of shows. There's a few on your list that I've not watched so I may need to add them to my Netflix/Amazon list

crippyd

crippyd

@KratosMD I'm enjoying Outcast on Fox, New Blood on BBC (UK), Suits on DAVE (UK) and if I can think of any others I'll let you know.

crippyd

RR529

I finished up Good Morning Call (Netflix original) last night.

As I mentioned last time, it's a Japanese romance show, and while it uses every cliché imaginable (very predictably), the way it's presented is so charming you can't not like it. I really enjoyed the extended cast, and got quite a few good laughs out of it.

While it ended on a really good note, from what I understand, the manga it's based on does have a sequel, so I'd totally be down for an adaptation of that as a season 2 if this does/did well enough.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

daveofduncan

I used to watch way more than i do these days, kinda sad about that, but work and life get in the way most of the time now. I'm a massive die-hard Lost fan. Adore the thing, Was the first tv show i truly invested in. Tattoos and all to show pride...

Anyways, shows i'm watching at the moment.

Mr Robot is probably my favourite show of last year. Purposely haven't started season 2 yet because i'm still taking in season 1 (i took my time getting through it)

Game of thrones, Gotham are a couple others. I WAS watching The Flash and Arrow but i've lost track a fair bit (at least a season behind now) same goes for TWD.

In need of a new friend's list. Apply within!

PSN: borntodave

crippyd

Watched the first two episodes of Stranger Things, what a fantastic show!! Kept me on the edge of my seat for the whole time. Highly recommended!

crippyd

ShadowofSparta

@crippyd: It's so good. The references, the aesthetic, the balance. I think it's an awesome show. Season 2 should be interesting.

Sapere Aude

crippyd

@KratosMD it's great when you enjoy something and someone else gets it too. Glad you are enjoying it, my wife and I are going to hit up another couple of episodes when we've got the kids to bed.

crippyd

usb

Looking forward to Wolf Creek if it captures the creepy darkness of the film it will be a great show.

It looks like Telltale games are working on a Mr Robot game. One of my favourite studios working on Mr Robot best news of the day.

usb

PSN: noodledreamz

crippyd

@KratosMD I've got two episodes left and I so need to know what happens but I won't get to see it until Saturday night.

crippyd

RR529

Just started Stranger Things (Netflix original) today.

Just one episode so far, but it was quite good.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

ShadowofSparta

Surprisingly loved the first episode of The Get Down. Music shows are not my thing but I love the absurd pacing and humour in it. The aesthetic is great too. Will definitely keep watching.

Sapere Aude

ShadowofSparta

@KratosMD: I like the fact that they already have seasons planned out and have detailed what the Upside Down is. Can't go through another Lost personally. Also, the way they changed Steve's story arc because the actor playing was so charming that they couldn't make him a complete dbag

Sapere Aude

RR529

Just finished up Stranger Things (Netflix original) tonight.

It was a bit spookier than I thought it'd be (especially since I tended to watch it in the dark, before going to bed), but it was absolutely fantastic.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

ShadowofSparta

Just started watching The Strain (anything Gullermo does, I consume). One thing is really annoying me though. Am I the only one absolutely sick to death of the tv trope "father/mother whose marriage is falling apart because he spends too much time saving lives"? You never see an accountant whose marriage is falling apart or whose kids hate him because he gets a lot of overtime. The only characters in tv shows that experience it always have jobs that either save lives or significantly affect the lives of others. Yet despite the difference these characters make everyday, the wife and/or kid only ever complains about not getting enough time to spend with them. It's not like the character leaves them for weeks on end to do his job. They come back every night, there every weekend. Basically, isn't it a bit selfish to want someone who is good at saving lives to spend less time saving lives and more time watching tv with the rest of the family? Is it difficult to have a broader perspective when you're in that situation? Fair enough if the job is just working at a desk, I can totally understand being frustrated in that scenario, just not when the job is life altering.Am I being silly for letting out a sigh every time I see this trope played out? I genuinely want to know if I'm misunderstanding something.

Sapere Aude

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic