Forums

Topic: The TV Show Thread

Posts 1,341 to 1,360 of 4,445

JohnnyShoulder

@crimsontadpoles Yeah exactly. I prefer to find out things naturally rather then have it potentially spoiled my someone splurging every theory that pops into their head.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

ralphdibny

@RogerRoger haha I like it, I used to watch it with my mum when I was little and then I watched the full box set of it when I was at uni. However like any 20-24 episode season show, it does have boring bits and it can be a struggle but overall it is brilliant.

I think ones I found less interesting when I was uni age were the episodes about native Americans (of which there are quite a few) but now I know a lot more about American history, they are far more interesting.

The character in wolverine is really cool, but the fact he is supposed to be Deadpool isn't cool.

@KALofKRYPTON nah I haven't yet, but I bought it from CEX a while back and plan to play it at the appropriate time during this current viewing of the show. I also plan to play the non-FMV PS2 game at its appropriate placement in the timeline too. No idea whether they are canon or not but it's going to be a full franchise experience.

Weirdly the audiobooks are a tough one to place because they are basically an alternate season 10 and 11 but feature the main cast. Haven't got through the audiobooks yet though anyway.

Do you happen to have any favourite characters apart from Mulder and scully? Mine are Skinner, Jeffrey spender, the lone gunmen and Dogget and it was cool to see Mr. X pop up in Harley quinn and the birds of prey this year!

That's another cool thing about X files @RogerRoger . Seeing all these actors that have done or gone on to do great things pop up in little bit parts. off the top of my head Seth green, the captain from Chicago PD, Horace from lost and alot more have popped up in it.

@RogerRoger @FullbringIchigo @JohnnyShoulder @crimsontadpoles EastEnders is the worse at my house. If somebody hasn't watched it for a while, it's like who's she? What's Phil been up to? I thought he was on crack? Wasn't he dating Lola? Etc. Don't judge me too harshly for watching EastEnders lol I actually love it. It's basically like comics on TV, there's this huge lore where everybody is kind of related and they have long lineages similar to Lord of the Rings. It's just like an alternate history taking place at the same time as our own. It almost delves in to an actual sci fi alternate world when in real life, the newly built for the Olympics area of Stratford got given the Postcode E20 which is the previously fictional postcode that the town of Walford in EastEnders used!

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

ralphdibny

@RogerRoger I think I've said this before but being a fan of X files heavily influenced other shows that I enjoyed such as the early seasons of smallville which had a very similar format. And of course Fringe, which went far beyond the X files format and basically became a show about universe reboots that frequently happen in comics. I'd say Fringe is just about my favourite TV show ever.

See ya!

RogerRoger

@ralphdibny I do love a bit of "spot the actor" in my shows, so I'll keep that in mind, thanks! Part of what got me through what Babylon 5 I managed to get through was appreciating all of the fun little casting in-jokes, with folks from Star Trek and other science fiction shows popping up every other episode.

I used to watch EastEnders when I lived at home. It was a family thing to do. We never followed any of the other soaps, but there's a ridiculousness to Walford that makes it bizarrely endearing.

Keep hearing good things about Fringe. Does it still hold up? Would you recommend it?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@ralphdibny Eastenders is my guilty pleasure. It’s rubbish it’s gone down to 2 days a week because of coronavirus!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

ralphdibny

@nessisonett I know it sucks so bad, it's really good at the moment too with Ben being put through the wringer. the newest actor for Ben is just brilliant I think. Not sure about the new Peter though, maybe they didn't want to shoot too high this time for somebody that will leave for bit parts in Hollywood movies like Ben hardy did. Could possibly start an EastEnders thread, not sure how many takers there would be for that though lol

@RogerRoger I'm reluctant to reccomend anything in case you don't enjoy it and waste your time. However, fringe is my favourite show, it's only 5 seasons (the fifth is a short one too), it wears its influence on its sleeve (star trek, X files, Lost, DC comics) whilst weaving a fascinating story played by brilliant actors that personally kept me up and down, basically in tears at points and filled with elation at others and it has the most heartbreaking use of Yazoo's "Only you" that I've ever heard (well before all those lame Xmas adverts last year!). It could be hard to follow if you left huge gaps in your viewing time but if you keep up the momentum then you'll keep up with all the chops and changes. The first season is more standalone episodes to ease you in but it isn't long before it picks up and becomes properly serialised.

See ya!

RogerRoger

@ralphdibny That's okay, I'm always the same when making a recommendation, so I'll do a bit of research before diving in and won't blame you if I hate it!

The beauty of the online age. We can always watch a few clips on YouTube to get a feel for things!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@LN78 you can watch Chip n Dale though 🤔

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

nessisonett

@LN78 I watched old Mickey Mouse cartoons today which was interesting if a bit creepy. Idk why, those old black and white cartoons give me the creeps.

JohnnyShoulder

Disney+ is available on my TV which surprised me as in the past, previous tellys would take an age to update with the latest stuff. So I will be signing up once I've finished a few show, which should be in a couple of weeks.

@nessisonett Yeah me too, plus they just remind me of Cuphead these days.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

BearsEatBeets

I was going to pick up Disney + when it finally hit our shores (UK),pretty much just for The Mandalorian, but if they're doing this weekly release I'll wait until it's all out to get it. I'll probably cancel after a month but keep an eye out for maybe getting it again later when a few of the Marvel shows are on there.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

ultraviolet

with a few weeks [or more] of spare time on my hands i can finally catch-up on my TV backlog.

currently im enjoying Liar [season 2] Strike Back [season 8] Westworld [season 3] but the real stand-out so far this year for me has been 'Devs' from Alex Garland [Annihilation / Ex Machina] really interesting stuff

with 'Picard' finishing in a few days time i can binge watch all of the 10 episodes, looking forward to it, as i am with the new BBC drama 'The Nest' which im just about start now

“I kill monsters and zombies with infeasibly large plasma-based weaponry”

PSN: ultravioletblade | Twitter:

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder Still, the old cartoons make me appreciate what an impressive job Squeenix did with Timeless River in KH2.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett I do not have a Scooby what that is!

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder Kingdom Hearts 2! Also known as badly written fanfic with great gameplay 😂😂

Tjuz

@ultraviolet I loved the latest episode of Westworld. Definitely one of the best episodes I've seen this year for now. The Maeve stuff was fascinating to watch, and Bernard got a good storyline again for once. I have yet to watch Devs, but with this glowing recommendation I might have to prioritise it!

Tjuz

ultraviolet

@Tjuz if you like 'Mr Robot' your like 'Devs'

i skipped Season 2 of Westworld, i loved the whole storyline of season one so much that season 2 felt great in parts it just didn't draw me in enough to continue watching after about episode 4 'The Riddle of the Sphinx' it was sooooo good then another 'ok' episode after that

“I kill monsters and zombies with infeasibly large plasma-based weaponry”

PSN: ultravioletblade | Twitter:

Ralizah

Watched the first episode of Devs, and, honestly, it felt like one of Alex Garland's movies. Incredibly stylish, interesting, and utterly pretentious. So, I mostly enjoyed it. Problem is that it'll have to be on my own, as I'm the only person in my household who enjoyed the show, and I haven't watched a TV show on my own in years.

My brother-in-law finally convinced me to give season one of Westworld a shot, and I'm glad I did. It's certainly peak HBO in terms of the gratuitous sex and swearing on display, but it's also beautifully shot, expertly crafted, and incredibly intelligent. I'll probably watch the final episode of season one in the next day or two.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic