Forums

Topic: The TV Show Thread

Posts 1,321 to 1,340 of 1,341

RogerRoger

@Th3solution That's cool, sometimes these things take as long as they take! I've got the opportunity to go see it again early next week, and I'm sure I'll think differently about certain scenes if I do. But thanks for agreeing with me in principle (and yeah, Babu Frik for the win)!

PSN ID: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

KratosMD

Just finished watching Lost in Space season 2. It started off rather strong, with a lot of padding in the middle episodes and the last couple of episodes were pretty hype. I just wish they could focus more on showing off the planets in this universe, as the ones we've seen were very interesting but they weren't shown long enough. I'm very excited to see what's going to happen in the next season though and hopefully they'll show off more planets along with more alien fights.

Edited on by KratosMD

KratosMD

KALofKRYPTON

@KratosMD I quite enjoyed it again. Surprised that they managed such a strong second season really. I wasn't sure where they were going to take it.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

KALofKRYPTON

Last night's Doctor Who was OK I suppose; an extremely middling episode seemingly written to serve one sentence uttered by The Doctor at the end of the episode. They really are wasting a good cast here.

We also finished watching that last season of The Deuce over the weekend. Easily one of the best drama's out there and ends well. I won't say 'satisfying', the content and arcs for the majority of characters are largely grim - there are resolutions here and there and the show was, start to finish, brilliantly written, directed and performed.

I'm glad they ended on 3 seasons. Not sure whether that was always the intention, but they certainly made it feel that way.

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

FullbringIchigo

so E4 picked up Batwoman

https://www.tvwise.co.uk/2020/01/e4-acquires-uk-rights-to-bat...

not that it matters the "Arrowverse" has been on the decline for a while now and apparently this doesn't do much to fix that BUT what is important is this is ANOTHER show E4 has got that would normally never show on normal TV (the other being Star Trek Discovery)

what does channel 4 have that the likes of Sky or Netflix don't?

"Don't try to be a great man just be a man and let history make it's own judgments"

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo Hahahahahahahahahahaha

Brilliant!

I want to insist that everyone watch it.

Channel has no sense it would seem. Batwoman genuinely is awful, and awfully made.

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON but if we all watch it, even to laugh at it they will think it's successful because it would get good viewing figures

"Don't try to be a great man just be a man and let history make it's own judgments"

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo It's already been renewed for season 2 based on the abysmal figures in the states 😂

It's a woke vanity project, it won't be cancelled until they absolutely have to.

FullbringIchigo

SO how about that cameo in the last Crisis on Infinite Earths, no spoilers but i was NOT expecting that

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo I honestly don't think anyone was! Could make Flashpoint more interesting!

Edited on by KALofKRYPTON

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON yep it could also i'm pretty sure i saw Green Lantern in that mash up sequence

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo I expect them to try and make good on the Diggle/GL connection. Going to need extreme care though.
Diggle (and the actor's performance) is as dull as dishwater, and Arrow has explored him plenty - so the standard 'origin' formula will be a bit difficult. Hopefully they don't go that way and maybe do a GL ensemble, or even better - just a Guy Gardner series!

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON i never was a big fan of the Digg;e character, i would have been happy if he was written out if i'm honest

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo
The more I think about it - an ensemble Green Lantern show could be amazing! Expensive, but amazing.

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo

"Green Lantern
Relatedly, HBO Max Head of Original Content, Sarah Aubrey, revealed Greg Berlanti’s upcoming Green Lantern series “will span several decades and focus on the origin story of two major Green Lanterns from Earth” who go on to meet Sinestro in outer space. [TV Guide]"

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON 2 major Lanterns?

i'm guessing one is Hal, like it always is but i hope the other is John Stewart, he deserves more recognition

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo I'd rather they went with Guy and Hal for a meeting Sinestro story, but I expect it'll be Hal and John.

There's every chance they could eschew both and go with Simon Baz and Jess Cruz. Easier 'modern' material to adapt and they could always show a 'current' already yellow Sinestro and show Hal etc. in flashbacks 🤔

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON this is true

i'm just happy Green Lantern is coming back in some way, especially after that movie

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo See, I don't really get people's beef with the movie. I mean OK, the cg suit wasn't a total success, but the direction, performances and even the script are fine.
It certainly has a villain problem, but Mark Strong's Sinestro was primed to solve that for the sequel.

In fact, there's a lot more I like about it than I don't.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic