Forums

Topic: The TV Show Thread

Posts 121 to 140 of 4,400

Tasuki

@dryrain: I will give Arrow one more chance next season especially due to the "big event happening" with all four shows. Also since that season was a pretty much rushed due to WB not letting them use the Suicide Squad story line originally planned for Arrow due to the movie, I will wait for next season to write Arrow off.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

ShadowofSparta

@Tasuki: How does Arrow compare to the season before (the Ra's one)? That season was a chore for me to finish, had to alternate between it and Flash so I could get through some episodes whilst keeping up-to-date for crossovers. Was this last season better than that?

Sapere Aude

PSN: k-mysta | Twitter:

Tasuki

@ShadowofSparta: I quite enjoyed the Ra season yeah there were slow points but compared to this season....

The main problem I had for this season was just the pacing of the series was slow really slow and then it seemed they were trying to tie in everything little thing from the previous season into this one. Lastly was the villain. I don't know how big of a villain Damian Darhk is in the comics but in hear I could care less about him. He didn't have the same feeling that Slade or Malcolm or even Ras had. He just seemed like your typical cardboard cutout villain. Then it didn't help that the actor they got to play Darhk it seems whenever they want a villain in something he's at the top of everyone's list.

Also it didn't help that everyone and their mother in this season was now a hero.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

ShadowofSparta

@Tasuki: The Ra's storyline never sat well with me but I think that's just me being weird, as I've always read him and understood him from a Batman perspective and I found it hard to take seriously that Arrow could take him but it's a silly grievance, different universes and all that. My biggest issue was the melodrama. Everyone lying to everyone else, at the convenience of the plot. Flash did a bit of it but once secrets were known, it became such a breath a fresh air. Damian Darhk is an interesting character in the comics, and he hasn't got a rich backstory so they had freedom to paint him how they wanted. He's not clearly aligned as a villain in the comics, from what I know.
I'll give it a shot. Flash will help me get through it.

Sapere Aude

RR529

I tried watching a Japanese produced Netflix Original called Terrace House, but it was a "reality TV" series, so I didn't make it past episode 4 (I generally dislike all "reality TV" shows).

At least season 2 of Marco Polo premiers in July, so I have that to look forward to.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

ShadowofSparta

@RR529: I really like Atelier, it's a Japanese Netflix show about a girl who works at a lingerie place. It's probably not everyone's cup of tea and Hobnobs but it's quite lighthearted and it's an easy watch for me every now and then. It's funny in a silly way and not too serious but it's extremely charming

Sapere Aude

usb

I agree the fact that pretty much everyone was a hero in Arrow made the show unbalanced.

Is there anyway to check what shows are on Netflix without joining it?

usb

PSN: noodledreamz

usb

@get2sammyb I know there are people out there who will agree with you many of them from Yorkshire. I grew up watching Emmerdale but did not watch it much after they had the plane crash that devistated the village so mcuh loss of life and tragedy i could not cope with it. So moved onto the every happy world of Eastenders.

usb

usb

Watched the first two episodes of Game of Thrones and was not too sure about tv show but after watching the next three I am now hooked got some serious binge watching to do. It nice when you come to a show late and you can watch series after series.

usb

RR529

@ShadowofSparta, yeah, I watched through Atelier earlier this year.

Like you said, based on the concept I wasn't sure if I'd like it, but I ended up really liking the character interaction. Hope it gets a season 2.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

ShadowofSparta

@dryrain: Avoid youtube and yahoo or any other news sites. I've had season finales spoiled for me by recommended videos and news articles

Sapere Aude

usb

Season 2 of Mr Robot is on Amazon Prime in the next couple of weeks. Really good first season hope the 2nd lives up to the frst

usb

RR529

I've watched through season two of the Netflix Original, Marco Polo.

It's a pretty decent "sword & sandal" series, and I'm looking forward to season 3, whenever that eventually arrives.

I've also started watching another Netflix Original (though it's something they've just licensed for western release), Good Morning Call.

It's a Japanese show (live action, but I believe based on a manga). Sees a high school girl moving into her first apartment, only to find out she has to share it with the most popular boy in school, though she personally finds him off putting. There was a scam ran by a shady realty office, and they have to share it for the time being, learning to get along. It's kinda cheezy (so far I could see everything coming a mile away), but much like Atelier & Fuller House, it's "so obvious it's a TV show" feeling is charming to me.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

crippyd

I've been watching Preacher on Amazon and Daredevil on Netflix. Preacher is ok but there is so much changed from the comics that it is just lacking something to make it really great and Daredevil is much improved from series one. The Punisher is a standout character in this and it'll be interesting to see what they do with him in the second half of the series (I've only watched 6 episodes so far). I do hope that Preacher improves as the comic was a brilliant read and I had such high hopes for the show.

crippyd

WanderingBullet

Currently, the only series I'm watching are both Ray Donovan Season 4 and The Night Of.

Huntin' monsters erryday.

usb

Mr Robot is a good series and Outcast has also impressed me.

usb

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic