Forums

Topic: The TV Show Thread

Posts 1,001 to 1,020 of 4,400

KALofKRYPTON

@LN78 @RogerRoger
I wouldn't have bought Disney+ anyway - so it's not even a lost sale

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

JohnnyShoulder

@KALofKRYPTON @LN78 @RogerRoger I have no problem in waiting for D+ to reach these shores. I have no intention in watching any of the shows illegally either. This place is about the only one I go to for news, so have no issues in avoiding spoilers. I've had to tell Google I'm not interested in the stuff I am interested in, so that spoilery articles stopped appearing in my feed.

Hope you guys have have those spoiler tags at the ready!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

LN78 wrote:

There's some humour inherent in the fact that a person who goes by the handle RogerRoger is so unwilling to take to the high seas!!

@LN78 You know full well that my rogers aren't jolly.

Untitled

I agree with you about the importance of The Mandalorian. It seems everything Dave Filoni touches turns to gold, whereas the latest rumours about The Rise of Skywalker are just reinforcing why I should avoid production stories. They're so outlandish and insane that, upon finally watching the film, I'll just be trying to spot whether they're true or not.

Meanwhile, nothing but positive stories and praise from behind-the-scenes of The Mandalorian, where two creative people (Filoni and Jon Favreau) have just been trusted to crack on and make a darn-good show. No interference, no rewrites, not still shooting multiple endings, not tanking in test audience scores, not desperately calling George Lucas for help... none of that nonsense. I have a very strong feeling that Star Wars, for me, is gonna primarily become a small-screen franchise (if it isn't that already).

Were I in your position, though, about to assuredly be bombarded by spoiler-comfortable friends every other day, then I'd think twice about my stance. Hope you enjoy the show!

Edited on by RogerRoger

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

BearsEatBeets

Just been discussing The Mandalorian with my brother and the whole not coming to UK for months. I have noticed the Disney + app will available at launch for PS4 in US, and found an old article on Push Square about how to set up a US Playstation account. I'm wondering if anyone thinks this could be a way of getting it at launch?

@RogerRoger @LN78

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

RogerRoger

@BearsEatBeets Good thought, but I think that such a move would technically be illegal (especially since you'd also need to spoof your internet connection with an American IP address, otherwise the app would immediately notice that you're trying to connect from the UK).

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

HallowMoonshadow

RogerRoger wrote:

No interference, no rewrites, not still shooting multiple endings, not tanking in test audience scores, not desperately calling George Lucas for help... none of that nonsense.

... I'd ask if you're serious @RogerRoger but this is 2019 and anything can happen now. Good thing I'm not too invested in Star Wars is all I'll say but I hope all of you enjoy it!

Does seem rather daft though leaving a massive 4 month gap like that between the US and Uk/Europe set up of Disney+... This IS Disney of all things we're talking about and that series is going to be spoilt all over the net faster then an ice cream melting in the Sahara!

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

BearsEatBeets

@RogerRoger Yeah I'm probably clutching at straws. It's funny that the lucky Dutch get it at launch(apparently because of their awesome infrastructure) but the rest of Europe has to wait. I wonder if they will do blu-ray release for it at some point?

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

RogerRoger

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I regret looking up the latest rumours about Episode IX now. I never usually do. I was just bored, typed in "Star Wars news" to Google and... well, oops.

@BearsEatBeets Hey, you find any legal straw that holds, let me know.

I think Blu-Ray releases for all major Star Wars products are guaranteed. It'll take a little time, but all these new shows will arrive in shops eventually. The only time the Blu-Ray for a TV show has been missed in the UK before was right in the middle of the Disney takeover, but now it's all being unified, it'll be fine.

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@ellsworth004 Replying to you here, after you tagged me in the Chit Chat Thread, as a couple of us were discussing The Mandalorian recently (see above). Long story short, no, since I'm a Brit I have to wait until Disney+ is launched in March 2020 to watch it.

How about you and, if so, did you like it? Please keep things spoiler-free if possible!

Making It So Since 1987

ellsworth004

@RogerRoger wow march 2020, thats crappy. But as a life long star wars fan i really enjoyed it, only one episode is out atm, i think the next one releases on the 15th. Seems like some good star wars fun.

ellsworth004

PSN: ellsworth004

RogerRoger

@ellsworth004 At least I'll have Jedi: Fallen Order on Friday. That'll help take the edge off.

Glad to hear a positive reaction from a fan (I've been steering clear of anything about it, obviously, but I had wondered whether the fans liked it, at least). Yeah, from what I gather, you'll be getting one episode every Friday from here on out. Hope you continue to enjoy!

Making It So Since 1987

ellsworth004

@RogerRoger but as far as the disney app goes, its a little rough right now. Video freezing while audio continues happened to me several times. I had to restart app a few times before it worked right. I have the same problem with espn app(disney owns espn if u didnt know). I hope they get this worked out soon, i read alot of articles about people having issues with the app.

ellsworth004

PSN: ellsworth004

RogerRoger

@ellsworth004 Might explain why they're taking so long to roll it out worldwide. It's one thing to say "yeah, let's get one of those streaming platforms everybody has nowadays" and quite another to build one from scratch, even for Disney. Plus they're in danger of annoying the two groups of people you really, really don't wanna annoy: sports fans, and geeks!

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger At least should be able to binge watch the new shows on Disney+, and hopefully they would have ironed out most of the kinks by then.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

WanderingBullet

I wanna watch The Mandalorian but I don't even know when Disney+ will be available in my country. Another one I wanna watch is the Obi wan Kenobi series.

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

JohnnyShoulder

@WanderingBullet Which country do you live in? I always assumed you were in the UK?

Apparently Disney+ in the Netherlands is because they have great internet and being a small compact country, it made a good test area for Disney.

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Oh, heck yes. I'm so used to watching things in season chunks, at the very least, so having all of The Mandalorian at once is much more my speed.

@WanderingBullet The Obi-Wan series is quite a ways off yet; they don't start filming until February. I'm sure Disney+ will have rolled out globally by the time it arrives, and there may also be the Cassian Andor Rogue One spin-off show to watch before then, too.

Making It So Since 1987

WanderingBullet

@RogerRoger I see... I'll probably watch the Cassian Andor Rogue One spin-off as well but I'm more interested in the two I've mentioned.

Huntin' monsters erryday.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic