Forums

Topic: The Push Square Football (Soccer) Thread

Posts 921 to 940 of 2,383

JohnnyShoulder

Chuffed that Liverpool have got a trophy this season, they deserve to come away with something this season. Was not a great match with both teams being quite sloppy in possession. Defensively I thought Liverpool were good though, VVD gets my man of the match.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

JohnnyShoulder

@Thrillho Not sure if that is lucky, he is a very good keeper with the most clean sheets in the Prem this season. It would be lucky if the ball bounced off his backside and over the bar or something like that. 😂

Besides Spurs had their fair share of good luck leading up to the final, so they can't really complain about that side of things. They did really well to get to final considering they have not spent any money on player transfers.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

themcnoisy

So I finish work at 5pm and have to get through Liverpool back to the nicer part of Merseyside

This is gonna suck. 1 million people.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

andreoni79

The best way to win is with a comeback and Italy just beat Australia 2-1 with a goal at minute 95!

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

themcnoisy

There is too much football. I love the game but absence makes the heart grow fonder.

I would rather the international game be kept to just 1x continental Cup and 1x World Cup every 4 years. It just gets in the way. Did anyone even watch the England vs Switzerland?

I think this feeds into my original post on the 3 week wait for the champs league final. Years ago there was a big gap between seasons - you started to miss the footy. Now its everywhere all of the time.

Edited on by themcnoisy

JohnnyShoulder

@themcnoisy Yeah totally agree I use the summer when a tournament isn't on to escape football. Also do the same whenever there are international games on during the season. I'm not keen on the United Nations thing, just seems a bit of a cash grab so that sky charge us to watch over blown friendlies. Some people treating it was like a major tournament is a joke imo.

andreoni79

@JohnnyShoulder @themcnoisy Just found out that there's also an Under 20 competition, alongside Under 21... I heard of it only because Italy reached the semi-finals. I forgot about Nations League, always thought of it as friendly matches with a cup.

themcnoisy

@Frigate I do.

Tasuki

Didn't realize the Women's FIFA World cup was going on. I did however catch the US/Thailand game. Holy heck 13-0 😮😮.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Kidfried

@Tasuki It's ridiculous. US is in good shape to reach the finals.

Kidfried

themcnoisy

@Tasuki 13-0 is ridiculous.

Thrillho

@Tasuki @themcnoisy The physical differences for some of the Asian teams is ridiculous. I think only one player was over 5ft 6 so they physically can’t match them, let alone the difference in ability on top of that.

Thrillho

Gremio108

I still think England can win it. But yeah, the USA are the team to beat. Unless you're Thailand, of course

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

andreoni79

Live now Italy-Spain for the U21 European Championship. Let's hope Jorge Lorenzo won't invade the field with his Honda ruining everything...

themcnoisy

Roberto Carlos back heel flick to Robert Pires at soccer aid. Amazing.

ApostateMage

Although Thailand got another whoopin', I was chuffed to bits when they scored against Sweden. You could see how much just that one goal meant to them all. I really hope they get a result against Chile but I can't see it because Chile's keeper is fantastic.

I've proper gotten into this Women's World Cup. It's not bad at all.

ApostateMage

themcnoisy

@ApostateMage The women held their own during soccer aid as well.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic