Forums

Topic: The Pushsquare Football (Soccer) Thread

Posts 901 to 920 of 1,031

JohnnyShoulder

@Kyroki You shouldn't label all people like that on a few bad examples.

I listen to a lot of fan feedback and have not heard much of what you are referring to. I hear more of other fans moaning about these so called toxic Liverpool fans.

Unless you mean on social media, which really should be taken with a pinch of salt on what gets said on there most of the time.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Kyroki

@JohnnyShoulder It happens over here pretty often. And they plague Twitter.

Not saying all LFC supporters are toxic, I’m jusy saying I don’t want to listen to the toxic ones. In retrospect, I should’ve added the ‘the’.

Add my PSN: Kyr0ki_
Follow me on Twitter: @Kyr0ki
Twitch.tv/Kyr0ki

PSN: Kyr0ki_ | Twitter:

JohnnyShoulder

@Kyroki I think that applies to a large chunk of football fans on social media though, not just Liverpool fans. You always get a cluster of them getting too big for their boots when a team is doing well, I had 20+ years of listening so some
Man United fans expecting to win every game and competition.

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.

themcnoisy

@Kyroki @JohnnyShoulder football fans like gaming fans can be extremely toxic, this in part us due to a low barrier to entree.

Every team has crazy fans. The bigger the club, the more nitwits. Liverpool and Man Utd are extremely similar in that regard. Its strange actually if I ever read a match report or opinion piece on the BBC website and it has a 'have your say' comments section. Even if its say a Chelsea Uefa cup tie - Liverpool and Man Utd fans will be on there saying how great they are. Bizarre behaviour.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Frigate

This is the reason I never went to bars during matches, rebuffing my friends. Not necessarily "toxicity" (which is an overused term I feel) but just the inane and mindless noise. I like watching games in silence, dissecting the tactical battle in a thoughtful manner. I guess it's no surprise I enjoy strategic and managerial games.

Frigate

JohnnyShoulder

One of the reasons I went off fakebook, the entitlement from the majority of fans did my head in.

BAMozzy

Throughout my life, I have spent a LOT of time with football fans who, at most, will use the team others support for nothing more than a friendly bit of banter and would have a respect for the talents and achievements of their friends teams. You could have a Utd and LFC fan both discussing the qualities of footballers in either team, the quality of goals or performances at the weekend regardless of the team, the player etc. The people I have associated with, have been football fans first and foremost with their 'team' almost secondary.

Its the same as the gamers and gaming friends I have tended to be friends with are Gamers first and foremost and whether they played on PS, XB or PC primarily, they could still have an appreciation of other platforms and other exclusives - not get into a petty squabble over which box was best - just like they wouldn't get into petty squabbles about football teams.

I have had great discussions with people that may not follow the same team I do, not play on all the same platform I do, not like the same 'bands' or Genres of music I do, not play the same brand of guitar I do etc etc. It seems though that the Internet allows those small minded Idiots, the ones that you wouldn't associate with, wouldn't be welcome in your social circle etc to have a voice. Maybe shout a bit louder too because those who are not narrow minded idiots are enjoying what ever football match is on, playing their games, chatting with 'real' friends instead of getting online and being so antagonistic. Its given them a 'voice' to be heard because before the internet, they wouldn't be welcome in a social group and so no one to hear their 'voice'...

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

JohnnyShoulder

@BAMozzy Well said, I doubt those people who are like that on social media would say those things in real life face to face.

Kyroki

We were so unlucky to not come away with at least a point yesterday. A communication error cost us and Liverpool got lucky (for the winner, at least). It's Liverpool's to lose now, in my opinion.

Also, Cardiff got robbed.

Twitch.tv/Kyr0ki

JohnnyShoulder

@Kyroki I thought Spurs were gonna equalise a la last season. Not good for the ticker/bowels those games lol.

Now relying on other teams to do us a favour and plus winning all our games. C'mon Spurs and Man United.

Kyroki

@JohnnyShoulder Honestly, for the majority of the second half we looked like winning. But, it just wasn't meant to be. It's as if Liverpool are destined to be champions this year. Well, I say destined...

Twitch.tv/Kyr0ki

BAMozzy

@Kyroki Only if City drop points 'somewhere' in their next 7 fixtures and Liverpool don't. Spurs may well help out as they do have to go to the Etihad and city do have an away trip to Utd too but ANY team in EPL can cause ANY team to drop Points.

As for Yesterday, Liverpool could have been further ahead by half time, maybe even got a goal early in the 2nd half as it was a bit of attack and then defend for both teams. After that Quick Free kick goal, Spurs really did play well. They knew Liverpool would panic, knew they would go out to win - because of being at home and the pressure to keep pace with City - and so defended well, looked to pick any mistakes off and hit LFC on the break. A few times, Spurs attackers outnumbered LFC defenders because of the pressure on LFC to win. LFC had chances to score - like Spurs - until the wrong decision broke the promising situation down. Salah looks almost too desperate to score and not always picking the right choice to play someone else in. Others look desperate to help him and therefore passing to him - not necessary the 'right' decision or the best execution. The last 15mins though, LFC were on the attack with Spurs looking purely for a break-away opportunity. Not saying that they 'deserved' to win with that strategy but in fairness, LFC could have made it more difficult for Spurs to get back in the game with that 1 goal as nothing more than a consolation rather than an equaliser.

Liverpool also didn't help themselves after getting the 'winner' opting to bring on defenders to hold on to that advantage and then giving away silly free kicks to give Spurs opportunities to get the ball into the box - also get more men in front of the ball instead just the 1 or 2 that were in open play.

I will be praying for your team to beat City - not only as that result will help my team, but I would also like to see Spurs finish in the top 4 - certainly ahead of Utd. Spurs can catch LFC but only if LFC lose every match from now on and Spurs win everything. If City win one more game, then Spurs can't catch them. However, when you look at the best of the rest, Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea and Utd, I want Spurs to finish 3rd ahead of the rest. I would love it if they finished 2nd behind LFC but that is extremely unlikely now. I think Poch, and the team in fairness, deserve to finish 3rd and get into the CL - that new stadium deserves to be hosting matches in the biggest club cup competition in the world. As for 4th, it would have to be any of the other London Clubs - I expect you may disagree - especially if its Arsenal (although you can rejoice at finishing higher). I don't know who you would pick between Chelsea and Utd but for me, and based on the 'current' league standing, U want 3rd, 4th and 5th to be filled by the 3 London clubs in the top 6 with Spurs at the top of the three...

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

themcnoisy

Crazy game at the Etihad.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

roe

Absolutely mental. Not sure I've ever seen anything like it.

roe

JohnnyShoulder

Well done to Spurs and Liverpool. That Man City v Spurs match sounded cray.

Frigate

Citeh: We want the quadruple!
Sonaldo: No.

Frigate

WanderingBullet

Yes, no more quadruple for the noisy neighbours. Still want them to win the league, though.haha

Huntin' monsters erryday.

ApostateMage

I was watching the Reds but it was mad hearing what was going on at the Etihad, especially in the first 11 minutes. I switched over at full time just in time to see Sterling's goal and all the VAR drama after it. Absolutely brilliant stuff. Love this beautiful game.

ApostateMage

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic