Forums

Topic: The Pushsquare Football (Soccer) Thread

Posts 861 to 869 of 869

JohnnyShoulder

Phew! Liverpool leave it late too! But we were the much better team all over the pitch imo.

McCroskey: Johnny, what can you make of this? [hands Johnny a map]
Johnny: This? Well, I can make a hat; I can make a brooch; I can make a pterodactyl!

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

YeYa

Modrić just got the Fifa ballon d'or! Congrats Luka, well deserved!

PSN: YeYa_3

NecuVise

Ballon d'or is a different award which is given later on and it's a real deal, unlike this fifa award, but congrats nevertheless.

NecuVise

Wesker

FINALLY Mourinho gets the sack! After all this time of grossly underperforming😂. Who are they going to get in next, Wenger? 🤣

Edited on by Wesker

Wesker

JohnnyShoulder

@Wesker Big Sam, to fight off relegation.

I'm gutted, I was really enjoying their performances!

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Johnny: This? Well, I can make a hat; I can make a brooch; I can make a pterodactyl!

ApostateMage

José getting sacked is like the end of one of your favourite comedy shows.

ApostateMage

JohnnyShoulder

@themcnoisy it still way too early to say that about winning the league. Even if Manc Citeh drop points tomorrow (which I highly doubt they will) 7 points is nothing at this stage of the season. More points have been pegged back in a shorter space of time.

themcnoisy

@JohnnyShoulder your next 2 games are at home, which you will win. The weather is meant to go awful over the next 2 weeks so playing at home is huge. Then it's only 14 games left. Man City are in the league Cup and fa cup so you can rest. De Bruyne has come back too quickly from injury and won't be the same player until next season. Fernandino can't play defensive mid on his own for the next 22 minimum or 30plus maximum games man City have left in their season including cups as he's too old to play every time at 100mph and recover in time. That also applies to Kompany and Silva who are important players for City. I also think the Man City vs Tottenham / Chelsea final will be brutal, Pochetino and Sarri haven't won anything before and will go crazy in an attempt to win. So I think man City will drop anywhere between 10 and 15 points by the end of the season. Liverpool will drop points, but if you keep your back line fit you will be fine.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

JohnnyShoulder

@themcnoisy I mean i support Liverpool but I think you are clutching at straws with some of those points. The weather, really?! Man City have the best, deepest squad in the Prem and they have coped without KDB really well so far. They may buy extra cover for Fernandino in Jan and he probs won't play all those games, but you could say that about VVD for Liverpool, If they lost him to injury it would be a disaster. It never sits easy with me when someone say a team will win the league when it is this close and we are only in January.

One thing I'm sure of is that Man City will run us really close and not totally out of they question that they will go top for a couple of weeks. They have done this before and have players that have experienced this which serve their players well mentally in the closing stages.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic