Draws have been made:

Ajax vs Juventus
Liverpool vs Porto
Tottenham vs Man City
Man Utd vs Barcelona

Huntin' monsters erryday.

WanderingBullet

Liverpool fans must be grinning from ear to ear.lol

Dream final would of cause be Barca vs Juve.

Edited on by WanderingBullet

BAMozzy

@WanderingBullet It could have been a LOT worse but there is no easy games at this stage. Porto knocked out Roma and Ajax knocked out Real Madrid. For Liverpool to reach the final, they will need to beat Porto and Utd/Barca - Away leg first. Liverpool will also be the Away team in the Final if they get there.

Barca vs Juve may well be your dream Final, but mine would be Liverpool vs Ajax or even Tottenham. Regardless, all teams have a tough match at this stage. There is one English club guaranteed to reach the Semi final and it could be up to 3 English clubs. Its possible to get an all English final too....

As a Liverpool fan, and have been for over 40yrs, I would love LFC to win both the CL and EPL. Only one of those is in our own hands now but there is still a chance that a slip-up could occur - there are no easy games, no matches that you can 'rest' players now - not if you want to Win one or more of these competitions.

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

WanderingBullet

@BAMozzy Yes, there are no easy games (in a sense that you're team still has to perform) but there are definitely weakest/weaker teams.lol As a United supporter I wanted either Porto, Tottenham or Ajax.

It'll be miracle if United beats Barca, which is why is my dream final is to watch Juve vs Barca - Ronaldo vs Messi.

Edited on by WanderingBullet

JohnnyShoulder

Yep well happy with that draw, we got one of the easier teams left. Still, they are a decent team otherwise they wouldn't be at this stage. There are quite a physical side, but nothing Liverpool shouldn't be able to cope with.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Gremio108

I've always thought Barcalona is secretly the best draw, because if you lose, no-one thinks it's your fault. And if you win, well you've just beat Barca. Of course my team will never get anywhere near the Champions League, so it's okay for me to say such ridiculous things.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

themcnoisy

Not a big fan of that draw. The 4 fovourites were kept apart. Just imagine if we had Juve vs Barca, LFC vs Man Utd, Ajax vs Man City and Tottenham vs Porto. Way better draw.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

JohnnyShoulder

@themcnoisy Isn't that what we want though, the best teams to be in there for longer? I wouldn't want to face any English sides, they are always so hard to call. Normal games against Man U are bad enough, I can only imagine it would be tenfold for a Champers League in terms of hype and crowd trouble.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

themcnoisy

@JohnnyShoulder 'best' I would replace with 'biggest'. And no I want the best games now for added spice.

Everyone's already saying its a Ronaldo vs Messi final. It's just noise, I hope Ajax beat Juve. That's more romantic to me than massaging egos.

KALofKRYPTON

Not particularly in to football, but after the roller-coaster day of rugby - it was nice to see Wolves put in such a solid performance tonight.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

themcnoisy

@KALofKRYPTON Wolves played great. Moutinho is a beast in midfield.

@Frigate 24 years ago. I was playing Ridge Racer around this time. That was a long time ago!

JohnnyShoulder

@Kyroki You shouldn't label all people like that on a few bad examples.

I listen to a lot of fan feedback and have not heard much of what you are referring to. I hear more of other fans moaning about these so called toxic Liverpool fans.

Unless you mean on social media, which really should be taken with a pinch of salt on what gets said on there most of the time.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

JohnnyShoulder

@Kyroki I think that applies to a large chunk of football fans on social media though, not just Liverpool fans. You always get a cluster of them getting too big for their boots when a team is doing well, I had 20+ years of listening so some
Man United fans expecting to win every game and competition.

themcnoisy

@Kyroki @JohnnyShoulder football fans like gaming fans can be extremely toxic, this in part us due to a low barrier to entree.

Every team has crazy fans. The bigger the club, the more nitwits. Liverpool and Man Utd are extremely similar in that regard. Its strange actually if I ever read a match report or opinion piece on the BBC website and it has a 'have your say' comments section. Even if its say a Chelsea Uefa cup tie - Liverpool and Man Utd fans will be on there saying how great they are. Bizarre behaviour.

JohnnyShoulder

One of the reasons I went off fakebook, the entitlement from the majority of fans did my head in.

BAMozzy

Throughout my life, I have spent a LOT of time with football fans who, at most, will use the team others support for nothing more than a friendly bit of banter and would have a respect for the talents and achievements of their friends teams. You could have a Utd and LFC fan both discussing the qualities of footballers in either team, the quality of goals or performances at the weekend regardless of the team, the player etc. The people I have associated with, have been football fans first and foremost with their 'team' almost secondary.

Its the same as the gamers and gaming friends I have tended to be friends with are Gamers first and foremost and whether they played on PS, XB or PC primarily, they could still have an appreciation of other platforms and other exclusives - not get into a petty squabble over which box was best - just like they wouldn't get into petty squabbles about football teams.

I have had great discussions with people that may not follow the same team I do, not play on all the same platform I do, not like the same 'bands' or Genres of music I do, not play the same brand of guitar I do etc etc. It seems though that the Internet allows those small minded Idiots, the ones that you wouldn't associate with, wouldn't be welcome in your social circle etc to have a voice. Maybe shout a bit louder too because those who are not narrow minded idiots are enjoying what ever football match is on, playing their games, chatting with 'real' friends instead of getting online and being so antagonistic. Its given them a 'voice' to be heard because before the internet, they wouldn't be welcome in a social group and so no one to hear their 'voice'...

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

JohnnyShoulder

@BAMozzy Well said, I doubt those people who are like that on social media would say those things in real life face to face.

JohnnyShoulder

@Kyroki I thought Spurs were gonna equalise a la last season. Not good for the ticker/bowels those games lol.

Now relying on other teams to do us a favour and plus winning all our games. C'mon Spurs and Man United.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic