Forums

Topic: The Push Square Football (Soccer) Thread

Posts 721 to 740 of 2,383

WanderingBullet

Apparently Fellaini is staying at United. And just like that... my excitement and hope for the new season fades away.

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

JohnnyShoulder

@WanderingBullet You should stick him goals if de gea goes. His hair alone will keep half the shots out.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

WanderingBullet

@JohnnyShoulder Oh, no. United can sell pretty much any player they want but they must not let De Gea go.

JohnnyShoulder

@WanderingBullet I think you are pretty safe in keeping him. Real Madrid are sniffing around for a new keeper but not heard that they are interested in De Gea anymore. They can have ours, we have two going!

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Fight_Teza_Fight

Ronaldo to Juve for 100million is official now.

Hasn't sunk in yet. I thought he was just angling for a better contract
450 goals in 438 appearances for Real Madrid- The G.O.A.T.

Irreplaceable, but Madrid are going to have to try.
Time to open up that wallet Uncle Flo!

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

WanderingBullet

Damn... didn't seem like United made any attempt to get him back to Old Trafford. I guess it's a good move for Ronaldo, though, as he'll get to win the Seria A title.

So Neymar's going to Madrid then?

andreoni79

@WanderingBullet Damned Juventus, always buying the right player in the right moment... First Tevez, then Higuain and now C. Ronaldo.

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

WanderingBullet

@andreoni79 By "in the right moment..." did you mean at the tail end of their careers? Anyways, both Higuain and Tevez scored a lot of goals at Juventus if I'm not mistaken.

andreoni79

@WanderingBullet Right. Both Tevez and Higuain did very well in Italy and honestly € 100 millions for Ronaldo sounds like a PSN sale. Italians club usually search for a top player when they wanna win the Champions League. I wonder if Ronaldo will be cursed as Ibra: he won a lot of Serie A titles with Juve, Inter and Milan, but no CL.

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

themcnoisy

Ronaldos legs will go within the next 2 years. I know the socalled experts have been saying that for years, Ronaldo himself saying he will play until hes 42. But it will happen. The guys 6' 2 and has been propping his national team up with hardly any breaks - different to Giggs playing into his senior years. He will drop off a cliff. Going to juve makes sense to him - picking up a title and fading into retirement.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

WanderingBullet

@andreoni79 Agreed about €100 million being a good deal. All this time, I've been reading that he wanted a pay rise at Madrid, but apparently he's taking a wage cut at Juventus. Anyways, Juve should have no issues recuperating their money through merchandise sales plus other deals.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DhwjmzIX0AA837C.jpg
Nice logo.

Fight_Teza_Fight

@WanderingBullet I think Perez is more likely to go for Mbappe.
He likes signing the ‘star’ of the World Cup.
Özil 2010, James Rodriguez 2014.
Also SA players tend to peak early & Neymar is already 26. Given the astronomical transfer fee both would command, I could see Perez investing in Mbappe over Neymar.
That’s been his recent m.o. with the signings of Rodrigo & Viniscus Junior.

@themcnoisy @andreoni79 He’s a physical specimen. I can see him playing at a ‘top level’ (champions league) until he’s 38.
Now that I think about it this move does make sense for him. He’s leaving arguably the biggest team in the world after leading them to 3 consecutive CLs (4 in 5 years). His goal ratio is untouchable and he’ll be remembered at Madrid during the ‘peak’ of his caterer.
Also Italy is s great place for him to continue to expand the ‘CR7’ brand.
It probably raises his stake to the Greatest of All Time if he wins Seria A- which he should.

‘Messi can only do it at Barca. Ronaldo can do it anywhere.’

This also has me thinking that he’d end up moving to the Bundesliga, Ligue 1 & probably the MLS to win their respective leagues too.

Edited on by Fight_Teza_Fight

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

JohnnyShoulder

If he can win the Champers League with Juve which something they have not done in recent times, that would be great for them.

@Fight_Teza_Fight You forgot the Chinese League, they will go nuts for him over there.

arnoldlayne83

Is a great move for him, since Juventus is a very methodical team with serious training and winning mentality as he has, and is a fantastic move for Juventus, since Ronaldo is a marketing machine by himself, and will significally increase the Juventus (and FIAT) brands visibility all around the world.

Be prepared to see soon the "Fiat Panda CR7 edition" in the following months

Edited on by arnoldlayne83

psn: markthesovver83 ; Nnid: arnoldlayne83

PSN: markthesovver83

Fight_Teza_Fight

@JohnnyShoulder Apparenyly some Chinese Super League team offered RM £250million, but Ronaldo turned them down. Could probably happen someday with Tevez & Oscar going there for big money & he’s all about expanding his brand. @WanderingBullet Thought Mbappe was already signed to a long term deal? Fortunately for Madrid it looks like PSG may have to get rid of Mbappe or Neymar due to FFP.

Also I don’t know how many would turn down #7 at Madrid.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.

kyleforrester87

Honest question though, if we do win and it does "come home" what do we all sing next tournament?

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

themcnoisy

@Fight_Teza_Fight His legs will go mate. I just cant envisage him playing at the top level for another 4 years unless he sits out every other match. He does everything to be able to play on but his ability will drop off a cliff.

Ive seen it so many times. Im not saying he cant play until hes 37 but he will literally be a shadow of the player we have watched for the last 15 years. Real have realised this as well - his pass accuracy, assists and sprints have all declined over the last 2 years - still a great player mind.

Only time will tell but Ronaldos fear factor will be gone by euro 2020 imo.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic