Forums

Topic: The Push Square Football (Soccer) Thread

Posts 641 to 660 of 2,383

KALofKRYPTON

No one seems to give a toss how close he is to kicking that other player in the head?

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

PS_Nation

Barcelona is out, unbelievable. Kudos for Roma. And Liverpool won the two matches against Manchester City. What Coutinho is thinking right now?
Liverpool and Roma are into the semi-finals, I wasn't expecting that.

Edited on by PS_Nation

PS_Nation

WanderingBullet

Wasn't expecting Barcelona to lose. Worst of of all they didn't even register a goal last night. I'm gonna have to see if I can catch a repeat telecast of the match. Guess I'll be rooting for Madrid now.

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

JohnnyShoulder

Yes! What do all you you Liverpool doubters say now, hey?

When they scored that first goal i thought oh mah gawd here we go! That first half was a killer to get through!

We had our luck with some decisions but you need that in these tournaments.

And they only had 3 shots on target in 180 mins. Buy hey Liverpool have a dodgy defence so couldn't possibly go through. Oh wait....

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

themcnoisy

@JohnnyShoulder Maybe City arent as unbelievable as the media wants to portray. I keep hearing they are the best team ever in the prem, they have done great until last week and its proven attacking teams can beat them. I cant see them smashing the original Mourinho Chelsea team, Arsenal Invincibles, Fergusons 99 man u team or Fergusons 08 team with Teves, Ronaldo, Rooney, Giggs, Scholes etc. Its just overblown. Im waiting for the no winter break excuse.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

ApostateMage

Citeh's attack were so lacklustre they made Lovren look good. I'm joshing, he defended really well over the two legs and Milner was a warrior last night.

That's three losses on the bounce for Man City now, their confidence must be shot to pieces. I can't see them getting 3 points at Spurs this weekend.

ApostateMage

WanderingBullet

Pep doesn't seem to favour Aguero. United should make a cheeky bid for him.

themcnoisy

@WanderingBullet I like Guardiola but lets be honest. Wtf is he thinking when it comes to Aguero. The guys a legend. Agueeeerrrrrooooo.

I keep hearing how Pep is improving his game blah blah blah. The guy was a machine and had already won the prem twice before this year with Shearer famously quoted as saying hes the only world class player in the prem. This was before Lord Guardiola of course.

I would take Aguero now on a 4 year deal. Come to Everton Aguero!

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

WanderingBullet

@themcnoisy I'm a huge Aguero fan. He has been probably my most favorite EPL striker for the past 6-7 years now. He's third when it comes to goals scored this season and the scary thing about that is that unlike Salah and Kane he doesn't even start or play every game for his club.

PS_Nation

I don't think that was a penalty against Juventus, what about you guys? Juventus almost did the impossible, Real Madrid was benefited, imo.

Anyway, Real Madrid and Bayern Munchen are qualified for the semi-finals.

PS_Nation

BAMozzy

@PS_Nation Whether it was enough contact, including the kick to be awarded a penalty (I think it was - not so much the push), it was stupid and rash of the defender and gave the ref a decision to make. Had he not done so, then the ref would not have to decide if the contact was sufficient to warrant a penalty.

So out of the 3 Spanish sides, 1 got through. Italy nearly ended up with 2 teams in the semi finals and the 1 German team got through too. I think if Man City and Liverpool weren't drawn together, they may have made it 2 English clubs through. I guess though with each of the 4 big European leagues all represented in the Semi's, it does give more European interest - that's if the supporters of teams like Man City, Barca and Juve will back Liverpool, Real or Roma because of National allegiance.

I can't see it somehow - especially not the Catalonians of Spain.

Edited on by BAMozzy

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

PS_Nation

@BAMozzy I agree about the defender, but Sanchéz is falling already before the contact. It was really epic what Juventus was doing and then that penalty happened. We can discuss a lot if it was or wasn't penalty indeed. About the supporters, I really can't imagine the fans of Everton, Manchester United and Manchester City supporting Liverpool, lol. In Spain, fans of Barcelona, Athletic Bilbao and Atlético de Madrid really hate Real Madrid, they will never support it. Roma and Lazio have a big derby in Italy, I also believe that Juventus and Napoli fans don't like Roma. In Germany, many teams don't like Bayern Munchen. Anyway, that's a great thing about football, many of these fans will still watch all these matches though.
I don't have a team in Europe, but I'm a huge fan of the Champions League and can't wait for these games.

PS_Nation

WanderingBullet

8 consecutive UCL semi finals appearances. What an achievement by Real Madrid. Felt bad for Buffon, though. His won everything but the UCL.

Fight_Teza_Fight

Champions League Semi FinalChampions League semi-final draw:

Bayern Munich vs Real Madrid
Liverpool vs Roma

Europa League semi-final draw:

Marseille vs Red Bull Salzburg
Arsenal vs Atletico Madrid
————————————————————
After the horror show in Turin I have no idea, which Madrid will show up against Bayern.

I’m going to predict a Bayern-Liverpool final.

Edited on by Fight_Teza_Fight

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

WanderingBullet

What are the chances of two English clubs winning?

JohnnyShoulder

After watching the highlights last night I honestly don't fear anyone. Which scares me as Liverpool tend to do better as the underdog in these games. Real looked really dodgy at the back but will have Ramos back. Munich looked average against Seville (so glad they are out, our bogey team this season). But no team should be written off at this stage.

@WanderingBullet Liverpool are now joint favourites with Real to win i at 2/1, which also makes me uncomfortable! Arsenal are second favourites at 5/2

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

WanderingBullet

What an embarrassing performance by United. Such a massive anti climax after the amazing comeback at the Eithad.

I know Mourinho probably deserves most of the blame for his style of play, but fans also have to question some of the players too. Lukaku, Sanchez, Lingard, Martial, Rashford, Mata, Pogba all played and United only had less than five shots on target? Clearly problem runs deeper than the manager.

United badly needs proper wingers as well. They have two wingers that have been converted into fullbacks that haven't done that well in the assist category either. Valencia seems to have forgotten how to put a decent cross into the box ever since he switched positions.

@JohnnyShoulder. Thanks. Just curious but which team are you supporting?

JohnnyShoulder

@WanderingBullet I'm a Liverpool fan, sooooo....

Yeah not Man United have not been a great watch for the majority of the season. Even when they were smashing teams by four goals earlier in the season, for large parts of the games they were a bore to watch and the goals all came in a short space of time towards the end of the matches.

WanderingBullet

@JohnnyShoulder Ah, cool. I think Liverpool will definitely beat Roma and reach the finals. After that, it really depends on which team has the better match during the finals, I feel.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic