Forums

Topic: The Push Square Football (Soccer) Thread

Posts 581 to 600 of 2,383

BowTiesAreCool

@Kyroki nah, the best we've been since Fergie was the first two months of Van Gaal's second season (and arguably the entire first half of that season, we had a rubbish December and January which messed up our season), we were absolutely irresistible at times then. More so towards the end of that season, but if we can start this season like we did back then but keep the consistency, the league won't have a chance against us.

BowTiesAreCool

themcnoisy

Why has no big club ever come in for Kasper Schmeichal?

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Tasuki

Wow so for the first time since 1986 the US will not be in the World Cup after today's lost to Trinidad & Tobago.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

PS_Nation

Ouch United States, lost to Trinidad & Tobago and is out of the World Cup, lol.
Btw, Concacaf is really easy, unlike Conmebol.

PS_Nation

themcnoisy

@Tasuki @PS_Nation Big loss to the tourny.

I have no hope England will come good. Cant believe how rubbish we look. Group stage knockout.

Brazil are on fire so they are my top tip and Germany will do well too.

WanderingBullet

@themcnoisy I supported England in the past when I first got into watching football but not anymore.
The EPL may be the most exciting and competitive league but if you'd asked me to name my current "Best XI" players, I'd struggled to think of an English player. Oh, maybe Harry Kane, but that's only because he's in really good form atm.

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

dellyrascal

Brazil look strong again, while the Germans and France could do well in Russia... Still waiting to see if Belgium pull their socks up as on paper they are dynamite.. Cant even be bothered about England this time around, am 42 now and too many hopes never materialising, so sticking to Tottenham, that's been painful enough over the years til recently.

Looking forward to seeing Panama in a big tourney too

I stood there chattering in excitement, like a necrophile at a bus crash....

Twitter:

themcnoisy

@dellyrascal yup, all the countries you have listed will do well.

@WanderingBullet what? You couldnt name Bertrand in your 11?

(I didnt even know who he was)

Wesker

I was thinking of my top five England players today. As you do.. And I came up with

1. Alan Shearer
2. David Beckham
3. Gary Linekar
4. Paul Gascoigne
5. Michael Owen

Then I was thinking how sad it is that I can't name anyone from the last few major tournaments, and when was the last time I went to the pub to watch an England match? Seriously, people thought Kevin Keegan was a joke!? That Sven Goran Eriksson was bad! Things have just got worse and worse. Everyone was so excited for the Lampard, Gerrard partnership... People thought once we stopped playing everything through Beckham suddenly all the young players would get more involved. A big fat nope to all of that.

Edited on by Wesker

Wesker

PS_Nation

@themcnoisy Netherlands and Chile are a big loss. USA? Not so much to be honest.

PS_Nation

themcnoisy

@Wesker Bobby Moore? Dixie Dean? Tom Finney? David Batty?

I see your point man, the teams rubbish atm. If Britain had a team we would have more of a chance!

Wesker

@themcnoisy David Batty LOL! Obviously my choices are age dependent. But I feel like there's been very little to enjoy about England over recent years and things are not looking great for the future.

Wesker

TheLastOfIsh

themcnoisy wrote:

@Wesker Bobby Moore? Dixie Dean? Tom Finney? David Batty?

I see your point man, the teams rubbish atm. If Britain had a team we would have more of a chance!

England have some great players at the moment. They have a first 11 who can match anyone if they are all fit. The problem they have had recently is with managers. Southgate, Big Sam and Hodgson all nowhere near the standard required, and don't play a style of football suited to the players they have.

TheLastOfIsh

PS_Nation

Damn, Italy is out of the World Cup too. =/

PS_Nation

PS_Nation

@Tasuki Without Italy, Netherlands and Chile. =/

@Kyroki It wasn't fair with Northern Ireland, shame.

Edited on by PS_Nation

PS_Nation

Fight_Teza_Fight

It'll be weird not having Italy in the World Cup.
First time in 60 years they failed to qualify.

As a German, I can't deny being somewhat pleased that one of our 'bogey' teams are out^^.

We do need to get our flair back. 10 wins out of 10, but we were terrible against England.
Hoping for better against France tonight.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic