Forums

Topic: The Push Square Football (Soccer) Thread

Posts 361 to 380 of 2,383

usb

I feel bad for Moyes he took his dream job at United and they did not give him he cash or support to succeed. Look at how much Van and Mourihino have spent on the squad. Moyes will atleast give Sunderlad a chance of staying up but I think its a slim one unless he does his magic like he did for us at Everton.

The league will be an interesting one this year. I expect Manu to win the league. Think Arsenal will stuggle to get a top 4 finish they do not seem to be doing much business and desperatly need a world class striker. The league will be a lot closer this season some good players coming in will have to see how they adapt to the league. Will wait and see if Pep works his magic at City and if his style of play can work for 38 games. The EPL is a lot more competitive than any league he has managed in before so this is his biggest challenge so far.

Edited on by usb

usb

PSN: noodledreamz

Anchorsam_9

Already has to be the worst season in Liverpool's history. We've already lost Kolo and Joe Allen/Joesus/The Messiah in the transfer window.

I don't think my heart can take this.

Anchorsam_9

Twitter:

themcnoisy

@get2sammyb: I like Big Sam, and let's face it, we can't get any worse.

Steve McClaren.

@Anchorsam_9: I seen Klopp coming out of the Mersey Tunnel driving a silver 56 plate 3 series a few weeks ago (probably to go unnoticed as the car was rubbish), weird looking over and seeing the dude next to you is Jürgen Klopp. great manager but I cant see it going well with you best defender a petulant drugs cheat, your best attacker is a crock and Jordan Henderson in midfield.

@dryrain: The EPL is a lot more competitive than any league he has managed in before so this is his biggest challenge so far.

I think that sentence will definitely hold true this year. Some world class managers are really going to be sacked this year - Morinho, Wenger, Pochetino, Guardiola, Ranieri, Klopp - no room for all 4 in the top 4 and I think Leicester can sneak in again.

The second tier managers - Hughes, Koeman, Pulis, Pardew, Howe etc are really going to be in a different league this time. None of the mad points being won from LVG, Pellegrini and Rodgers like last season.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Anchorsam_9

@themcnoisy: I'd agree, but then again Klopp took a crap squad to the Europa League final last year, so I'm excited to see what he can do with his own squad

Anchorsam_9

Twitter:

WanderingBullet

I think it's a huge risk paying that sort of amount for Pogba. I would only pay that amount for someone like Ronaldo, Messi or maybe Aguero. I think United could get two great players for 100 million. However, if the deal does goes through I hope he doesn't disappoint.

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

usb

Pogba seems over priced but all the players are at the moment. He is a good player no doubt but for me its the top quality strikers like Bale, Ronaldo, Messi that get you the goals that make them have a higher value than a midfielder. The whole £100 million price tag could have been avoided if Ferguson had played him then he would have never left the club.

usb

Speedy67

Let's face it, Spurs are winning the league. Eriksen's gonna score two free-kicks every game and Alli's gonna get loads of red cards for getting annoyed at the referee, but the team will get through the season without him, because Luke McGee will make at least four wonder saves to save them the title as Sunderland and West Brom will be on their tail the whole time.

We all know the world needs Kentucky Fried Duck.
My website: https://stuffandthatreviews.wordpress.com/

PSN: Skymister01 | Twitter:

themcnoisy

@dryrain: The whole £100 million price tag could have been avoided if Ferguson had played him then he would have never left the club.

Ferguson basically built the club as we know it. Bashing him for not playing an unproven player in the last couple of seasons when they won the prem and gave them the platform to pay big dollar is a bit daft. Similar to the bashing he gets for leaving David Moyes a championship winning team.

Speedy67

One thing I know for sure about the Premier League is that Hull City are not staying up. They've got 13 (soon to 14, whoa!) fit players, and they aren't doing anything about getting in new players, and they have no manager. Chris Coleman may yet be their saviour, but is he really much better than Bruce? Bruce got Hull to the FA Cup Final and their highest ever top-flight position - which isn't far off what Coleman did with Wales in the Euro. Even if Coleman does end up managing Hull, he won't do any better a job as Bruce would have. He probably won't get much transfers in, because the owners just don't care anymore. They say they want to keep Hull stable in the transfer window before the new ownership happens, and being stable in the transfer window means not losing money. Teams lose money in transfers.

Hull are coming 20th. Arsenal and Man United are getting relegated with them.

themcnoisy

@Speedy67: Hull look like complete cluster, they are favourites for the drop for sure.

Victor_Meldrew

Pogba the new Balotelli, whoopee do

Victor_Meldrew

ShadowofSparta

@themcnoisy: It was still a massive mistake. Pogba is a special player and Fergie should have never let him go. Over the last two seasons, he has been one of the best midfielders in Europe. Anyone who says otherwise just doesn't watch Juventus games. He isn't worth 100 mill but he's not as bad as people are making out. He was unproven, but he was ready to step in. Renato Sanches is only 18 and had a great season. Probably by the same logic, Rashford was unproven and shouldn't have been anywhere near the first team. No point defending him when even he admits he made a mistake

Sapere Aude

PSN: k-mysta | Twitter:

usb

@speedy67 Had the fans not turned against the owners when they wanted to change the name of the club the Allams would have kept hold of the club and invested in it. Now you have a situation where they want to sell the club so it does not make sense for them to keep putting money into the club where they will get nothing back its like throwing money away. I understand why Bruce walked away from the club the situation he was put in was a tough one. He was a very successful manager for the Tigers the best in the history of the club. Hull are favourites for relegation. I also wonder which of the so called bigger teams will get relegated this season

usb

Speedy67

@dryrain: Hull, Watford and West Brom are going down, I reckon. Hull because of their terrible situation, Watford because they were looking shaky towards the end of last season and then sacked a capable manager, thus probably dooming them to the Championship, and West Brom because they're gonna be the same as ever, and this time it won't work.

Speedy67

Eriksen better not leave Spurs on another note. He's a player they need to tie down with a new contract. Any other vital players from other teams that need to be kept this season?

daveofduncan

Joined the forum yesterday, figured i'd check this thread out. United fan here

Been a very weird off-season. I was torn with the appointment of Jose (after hating him at chelsea) similarly with Zlatan. I had a feeling he'd hold back Martial and Rashford (the future of our attack) but it's looking to be ok so far on that front, we'll see, As for Pogba, while i agree the price has been hiked up a fair bit, we sadly need to be spending that kind of money to get these players. Real were all over him too so in order to compete, we need to raise the bucks. Sad but true. We'll make it back in no time i'm sure.

Edited on by daveofduncan

In need of a new friend's list. Apply within!

PSN: borntodave

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic