Forums

Topic: The Push Square Football (Soccer) Thread

Posts 1,161 to 1,180 of 2,383

nessisonett

Soooo Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenny are investing in Wrexham FC? Any other year this would be insane but it’s 2020, I’ve learned to roll with the crazy.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett The lower league and non league clubs are gonna need all the help they need in the current climate. Think there are gonna be a few casualties along the way unfortunately.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

BearsEatBeets

I think the implementation of VAR with refs going to monitors and making the final decision themselves seems to be working really well so far.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

JohnnyShoulder

@BearsEatBeets Yeah I was thinking that last weekend. It is how it should have been done from the start really. The new handball rule is a bit of a joke though.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

BearsEatBeets

@Arugula I feel sorry for Brighton, to give that away after just getting the equaliser. I think they deserved a draw. I must admit I wasn't sure what the rules were with regard to the final whistle having been blown. I wonder how long after the fact it can be brought back? Can you call the team bus back when it's half way home to replay something? I'm kidding of course but I wonder where the line is.

BearsEatBeets

BearsEatBeets

@JohnnyShoulder And yet another example right there. No way a deliberate handball. If I were a manager right now I would be telling my forwards to actually practise aiming the ball at defenders arms to get pens.

BearsEatBeets

JohnnyShoulder

@BearsEatBeets Think it could be down to ref to blow up (not literally lol) if the play doesn't go out of play naturally.

BearsEatBeets

I'm liking all the games are available to watch (if you have the services) but must admit it means my weekends are about 90% watching sport now. It's handy when there is a game I'm not fussed about.

BearsEatBeets

nessisonett

Untitled

nessisonett

@Arugula I wonder how many West Brom players Roman partly owns?

JohnnyShoulder

@Arugula I don't think Poch would go to Chelski cos of his time at Spuds. And we are only 3 games into the season so think it is a bit quick to be calling for a manger to be sacked, which I generally dislike anyway.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

JohnnyShoulder

This season really is the season of bad away kits. What the hell is that Chelsea kit?! It wouldn't look out of place in a 80's workout video.

Untitled

JohnnyShoulder

I'm happy with that Champers League group for Liverpool. Missed the big guns we could have been drawn against. Ajax and Atalanta are decent sides but we should be OK against them. Toughie for Man Ure though.

nessisonett

Ahh, Champions League. Must be nice 😂

JohnnyShoulder

@andreoni79 They have certainly started the season really well!

BearsEatBeets

Didn't realise the draw was today. I agree that's an okay group for Liverpool and definitely a toughy for Man U. Chelsea isn't too bad either, Sevilla get better when they drop to the Europa Cup.

BearsEatBeets

nessisonett

Celtic’s Europa League group is... not ideal. AC Milan, Sparta Prague and Lille. At least Rangers have a tough group too.

JohnnyShoulder

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic