Forums

Topic: The Push Square Football (Soccer) Thread

Posts 1,101 to 1,120 of 2,383

themcnoisy

@JohnnyShoulder I was joking. Made up for you reds.

Hopefully we can be up there challenging next year too.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

JohnnyShoulder

@themcnoisy Ha Ha that second sentence was the best joke you made all year!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

themcnoisy

@JohnnyShoulder haha that was a daft comment. Hopefully we can put more of a challenge together is more apt.

nessisonett

@Arugula My team won the league because it was cancelled. Our season starts back next Saturday! In terms of English football though, having no affiliation outside of Bromley/Hartlepool due to Football Manager means I’ll root for the underdog. I’ve really enjoyed what I’ve seen of Wolves this season so I’m hoping they beat out Spurs for that European spot. I reckon Chelsea will win the FA Cup though, so it might be a moot point as Spurs would then get into Europe via the back door. Man U have been... interesting shall we say. De Gea’s been clumsier than the Chuckle Brothers!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

BearsEatBeets

Trying to decide which game to watch for the end of season. Man U v Leicester should be good with whats at stake, also Chelsea v Wolves. However Man City might be in for a goal fest against Norwich. Still I'll most likely just watch my team Liverpool even though there's nothing at stake with the result. Probably have a few things going with my laptop and switch around.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

themcnoisy

So the end of another by the numbers premier league season. Everton have been awful and it didn't seem any one really wanted the champions league 3rd and 4th spots. Liverpool were begrudgingly a class act especially until the halfway point and completed the title with brute force. When Jack Grealish is one of the players of the season things have gone south. Bournemouth, Watford and Norwich are out and fortunately a big team have been promoted in Leeds which makes the prem a bit better for next year's edition.

Hopefully we can get the Champions league dusted off before the full fat second wave of corona breaks through like a Bayern player against the Tottenham defence. So lets look forward to another season of football football football, like Kyle Walker looks forward to parties during LockDown. Liquid football.

Fortunately Marcus Rashford and Jordan Henderson have done their bit for society and I will view those two as better people here on in. Fair play you bested a low bar and raised it way higher than expected. Project restart actually worked and the season finished which again was unexpected. Great work all.

A season for feel good stories and trying to get hyped for the next generation of stars who aren't as good as the last ones. The lack of enthusiasm due to covid will be felt in the game for years, it's a poor product when VAR decisions are more enjoyable than the teams involved in the competition. Gone are the drunk chants of 'we are the greatest team, the world has ever seen' from clearly inebriated Newcastle fans replaced by the Fifa backcatalouge clearly taken from a red lion in Stoke with a 6 second delay between the on field championship quality action.

Free games on terrestrial TV rewarding decisions to cancel Sky subscriptions as they generally showcased Everton playing like Everton, and other teams playing like Everton but sometimes even worse if that's possible including Everton.

Transfers are ongoing, the next big things are heading to Chelsea like they always do before being benched for the star quality of 50p foot Callum Hudson Odoye and the hairdryer treatment from Frank lampard when he realises he's won more titles than you ever will, in his team.

Bring it on. COYB.

Edited on by themcnoisy

nessisonett

Scottish football’s back today, this is going to be an absolute bloodbath. With Celtic bidding to be the first team to ever go 10 in a row in the league, Gerrard will have to step it up or face the wrath of not just hardcore fans, but literally half of Glasgow. If they make the 10 in a row, I’m absolutely out of the country by the 12th of July next year because the Orangemen will have pent up marching tension since it was cancelled this year and will be out for blood over the football. Elsewhere, poor Partick Thistle, team of David Hasslehoff, Corbyn, Robert Carlyle and Craig Ferguson, been relegated due to Coronavirus into the 3rd tier. My papa’s gutted, they were in the top flight only a few years ago and I always enjoyed going to games. Should be an interesting season and I always relish the Old Firm, even if I live in a predominantly Rangers area and therefore cannot celebrate.

nessisonett

@Arugula If Hibs won, I wouldn’t even mind that Celtic didn’t go 10 in a row, that would be absolutely hilarious. Plus, it might shock the owner into actually investing in the club.

nessisonett

Oh dear, oh dear, the Scottish football season has got off to a terrible start. Both Celtic and Aberdeen have broken lockdown rules so who knows if the season will even go ahead.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett I do wonder on the intelligence and common sense of some people. What on earth was he thinking?

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

nessisonett

Well the Barca v Bayern Munich match was interesting!

themcnoisy

Bayern Munich are going through a purple patch. The season restarted sooner, they are fitter and that left winger was signed from another galaxy.

If I was any team about to face them there is one great tactic which will stop them. Openly embracing covid 19 to get the match called off.

nessisonett

Still a bit sore about Dembélé leaving Celtic but that’s yet another talent making his mark not long after leaving. He cut through Man City like butter. I reckon Édouard will probably be at a better club come next year as well, we’re a good stepping stone team but can never hold onto talent.

andreoni79

I have so many sweet memories about Bayern Munich... 😪
Let's see if Inter will play the Europa League final this year...

Edited on by andreoni79

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

nessisonett

Untitled

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett The talk of Manchester being 'kings' of Europe before this weekend made me feel a bit of sick in my mouth. Sevilla's run recently is astonishing and so is their record in the EL over the last few years.

nessisonett

@andreoni79 Congratulations, that was quite the resounding win! Unfortunately you now need to get past the kings of the Europa League, I have no idea why Sevilla are so brilliant in that one tournament 😂😂

Edited on by nessisonett

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic