Forums

Topic: The Push Square Football (Soccer) Thread

Posts 1,001 to 1,020 of 2,383

JohnnyShoulder

That was much better tonight on Amazon Prime and the result was not too shabby either. @themcnoisy

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Thrillho

@JohnnyShoulder I liked the coverage and the goals show was a great way of keeping up to speed. Shame we have the weird law that means none of the Saturday 3pm games can be shown like that.

Thrillho

Gremio108

@JohnnyShoulder @Thrillo I've actually got Amazon Prime, but for various reasons I wasn't able to watch on any of the last three nights! I'll be trying to wrestle control of the TV for an hour or so on Boxing Day, but I might be fighting a losing battle there...

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

JohnnyShoulder

@Thrillho Yeah the 3pm is there so that more people go to the games and don't stay at home. There is a way to watch the 3pm games at home but for obvious reasons I'm not going into how on here.

@Gremio108 Boxing Day and the day after are going to be immense, all those games one after the other. I'm usually round my parents then, but they have Prime. My mum won't be too happy relegated to the bedroom lol

I think this will be the way forward with giants such as Disney, Apple, Google and Netflix could be getting involved too.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Thrillho

@Gremio108 The different options for highlights are quite neat, being able to choose full match, extended highlights, or 3 minute highlights.

@JohnnyShoulder Oh I completely get why the law is there but it feels a bit dated now, particularly as it's not like many people would have gone to the match in the first place. I could see it being an issue for teams below the Premier League but not for the big boys.

Thrillho

Gremio108

@Thrillho Funnily enough I've got the highlights on right now. It's nice to have the option. If my team ever get to the Premier League again (ha I'm funny) then it would be ace to be able to watch the entire match again.

Gremio108

@JohnnyShoulder I might just ask for my own little telly for Christmas, and take it upstairs on Boxing Day

DonJorginho

Who are the top 5 midfielders in Europe for you guys?

For me it is easily these 5:

Kevin De Bruyne
Thiago
Bernardo Silva
Verratti
Jorginho

DonJorginho

DonJorginho

@Arugula De Jong and Kante were close to getting into mine but Kante has been off form recently and De Jong needs to have one more quality season before I am certain.

In my opinion Jorginho is miles better than Fabinho in all areas aside from shear physicality, Kroos is definitely in my top 10 and Pjanic top 25.

DonJorginho

JohnnyShoulder

DonJorginho wrote:

@Arugula De Jong and Kante were close to getting into mine but Kante has been off form recently and De Jong needs to have one more quality season before I am certain.

You could say the same about one of your picks Bernando Silva, he has hardly been in the Manc City starting XI this season.

DonJorginho

@JohnnyShoulder I agree to an extent but Bernardo has still been class when picked with 5 goals and 4 assists in 15 appearances., Kante has had some bad performances this season, especially recently.

De Jong is simply not in my top 5 as want to follow him more closely this year. If we were going off form this year the likes of Kovacic, Rodri and McTominay would be in with a shout.

DonJorginho

JohnnyShoulder

@DonJorginho Kovacic is a good shout, one of the most improved players this season. Was a bit surprised when Chelsea signed him, as I thought he was bang average last season.

DonJorginho

@JohnnyShoulder I liked him last season and was one of the few Chelsea FT accounts who wanted us to sign him, he had some massive issues last season but we saw spurts of where he was immense, such as City at home when we won and the Europa League final against Arsenal.

What team you support mate?

DonJorginho

JohnnyShoulder

@DonJorginho Liverpool my man.

Another late one earlier!

I think Henderson is severely underrated by some cos he is not a flashy type of player. But without him Liverpool might struggle to function as well as they do.

DonJorginho

@JohnnyShoulder I watched that game, Bobby Firmino is too class it is unreal.

And I agree Henderson is very underrated, he wouldn't get in my top ten PL midfielders but is definitely in the higher tier of midfielders in England, if he was called Hendersoninho he would get much more praise.

I am a big fan of Gini too, always puts a good shift in whenever I watch him.

As you can tell I support Chelsea lol, I would say we have the second best midfield in the PL but I am very biased haha.

DonJorginho

Wesker

As an Arsenal fan, I can tell you we have one of the worst midfields among the top clubs in Europe. Ozil does what he wants and is weak, Xhaka doesn't care and is too immobile, Guendouzi is too inexperienced, Torreira is sick of being treated badly and is too small, Ceballos is only with us for a year and doesn't speak English. Willock needs much more time to develop. It's a joke. None of our midfielders are any good.

Wesker

DonJorginho

@Wesker I think you have genuinely decent midfielders they just don't seem to work well together.

Ozil need to be sold or let go due to how he is aging and isn't performing like a player on his wage packet should be.

Xhaka is not mobile enough to be able to defend neither is he talented enough to create and score freely so I would sell him too.

Guendouzi would thrive if next to some great midfielders who complimented him, someone like Soumare, Berge or Guimaraes could be a great younger player to put alongside him in a two, and if you need someone more experienced then Doucoure could be perfect.

Torreira needs to be played more than he is as he is a talented midfielder, but has some issues regarding his physicality and stamina imo.

Ceballos probably won't stay permanently and I don't think he is the creator you need, Lucas Paqueta, Van De Beek or Zaracho could be great signings.

DonJorginho

JohnnyShoulder

@DonJorginho Hendersoninho, ha ha that's a good un! Yeah like Gini too, always seems to score for the Dutch national side. I sometimes forget he came to us as an attacking midfielder. Loved his two goals against Barca in the UCL last season.
@Wesker Only really rate Torreira from your midfield, but Emery didn't play him enough or in the right position. Your defence is hilariously bad at times. You need at least two too class defenders and a whole new mentality, which is gonna take time to change.

ApostateMage

Henderson is a defender now anyway.
C'mon The Reds on Saturday!

ApostateMage

themcnoisy

@Wesker sorry to tell you this mate but Arsenal are a top 10 club for the next few seasons. Liverpool, Man City, Tottenham and Chelsea are the top 4 (maybe not this season but for the next few seasons they will be the top clubs). Leicester, Wolves and Man utd are ahead and in much better positions as a club. Man Utd in particular will start to come good again with their financial outlook. You will then have to contend with Everton and West Ham as if they get their act together financially and size wise would be competing for Arsenal's place in the next few seasons. Then you have the surprise packages like Sheffield United this year. Maybe a Leeds or crystal Palace next year. In your current state its going to take a couple of years at least to sort out you have no identity.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic