Forums

Topic: The Push Square Wrestling Thread.

Posts 701 to 720 of 738

Tasuki

@Fight_Teza_Fight Yeah I agree with you on all the points you mention. Raw is just aggervating me. You have people like Braun Strowmen, Finn Balor, Seth Rollins, heck even Lashley who would be perfect for the face of the company but nope, nope, nope Vince has to have Roman. I know alot of people cry about Brock being a "part time" champ but that doesn't bother me as much as Roman's push. In fact I like having Brock booked the way he is instead of having the championship continuously rotate among several people.

As for Smackdown I think turning Nakamura heel was brilliant and long over due (Now if only Raw would do that with Roman). Don't get me wrong I liked Nakamura as a face but as a heel he stands out so much more and isn't lost among other superstars. As much as people are giving gripe about the Styles/Nakamura matches I am enjoying the story telling behind them, it's actually has made me want to watch Smackdown again.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Fight_Teza_Fight

SmackDown was awesome! Really enjoyed it from top to bottom.
Wish they had Bryan wrestling more though. He seems to be wrestling every other TV which would be fine given he's only just returned, but he's all over the house shows & dark matches!

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Fight_Teza_Fight

@Tasuki Haha Eddie Guerrero is the first thing that came to mind to me too.
SmackDown right now reminds me of RAW 2013. It’s been a long time since I’ve enjoyed week-to-week wrestling.
Roster is stacked (even more so than RAW imo) & a lot of the talent is coming together nicely.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Tasuki

So I was able to watch MitB today and overall it was a decent show. I liked the Styles/Nakamura match and the I.C. title match the most. The men's MitB match had some good spots in it especially the Owner/Strowmen spot. I have to say though the one that surprised me was the Rousey/Jax match. Ronda seems to transition really well from UFC, If I didn't know better I would say she's been doing WWE for at least a year. Very impressed with her in ring skill.

Also in other WWE news appearently Big Cass has been released from the WWE for some undisclosed reason. Kinda sad to hear that cause he looked like he was going somewhere.

My Backlog

SirPhipps

@Tasuki Big cases, from what I've seen, had a few problems with camellia, they dated outside of wwe, broke up and problems enfused from that. With him losing his temper back stage and being injured I guess it all amounted in one big flop backstage

"It was the best of times, it was the blurst of times"

Tasuki

@SirPhipps From what I have read it was due to him just not listening to Vince and company. The midget angle he did a few months ago went to far after WWE authority told him not to go as far as he went with it. Basically he was just suppose to deliver the big boot to the midget Daniel Bryan and that was it but instead he continued to pound on him, even though the midget okayed it.

Then there was an incident on a flight when the WWE went to Europe where Cass was drunk and got himself locked in a bathroom. I guess he suffers from claustrophobia and he busted the door down. It's also been said the he wasn't happy with losing to Daniel Bryan again at MitB and that was the final straw for WWE excutives and Vince.

My Backlog

Tasuki

@Kyroki That's just rumor. Right now Brock is on course to beat CM Punks record which is why he still has the belt despite people like Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns calling him a part time champ and calling him out on not being there hardly. Brock has to keep the belt till Summerslam to break Punk's record which from what I have been hearing he will drop it to Lashley.

Edited on by Tasuki

My Backlog

Tasuki

@Kyroki I don't think Lesnar will go back to UFC since he did renew his contract with WWE. As for the title count I believe it does, at least that's what I have been reading.

My Backlog

Tasuki

Dear God Roman VS Brock again. Looks like I will be skipping this year's SummerSlam. What a disappointment.

They way WWE keeps cramming Roman down our throats is the same thing they did with Cena and that caused me to stop watching WWE for years. Why can't they just stop pushing Roman.

My Backlog

Fooligan

Here is how I would have booked the Universal Title scene going into Summerslam so Vince is happy and the fans will be semi-happy:

Have Bobby Lashley defeat Roman Reigns in the #1 contender match so the fans didn't have to see Reigns vs. Lesner main event again. Then, have Reigns challenge Strowman for the Money in the Bank briefcase.

At Summerslam, let Reigns and Strowman just go at each other in a brutal match with Reigns coming out on top, but sends him out of the building in a stretcher. In the main event, let Lesner and Lashley have a classic match where they utilize their MMA backgrounds with strikes, reversals, ground n pound and all that good stuff. Lesner barely gets the three count off a distraction from Heyman and begins to celebrate in the ring. Then, Romans music hits and an ambulance pulls up next to the ramp. The Big Dog (lol) busts out of the back slightly limping, nursing one arm while holding the MITB briefcase and cashes in.
Suplex... suplex... suplex 1...2... kick out.
Spear! 1...2... kick out!
F5! 1... 2... kick out!!
Super man punch 1... 2... 3! REIGNS WINS.

Then Lashley can challenge the next night on RAW saying "I beat you twice before and gave Lesner more of a challenge than you ever have" or something like that.

These pretzels are making me thirsty

"See, my damie, Pootie Tang don't wa-da-tah to the shama cow... 'cause thats a cama cama leepa-chaiii, dig?" - Pootie Tang

Tasuki

Wow sad day in wrestling today both Nikolia Volkoff and Brian "Grand Master Saxay" Christopher passed away today.

My Backlog

Splat

So Def Jam twitted this out the other day.

Untitled

If they made another Def Jam wrestling game I would pre-order in a heartbeat. It would be the closest we would ever get to another WWF No Mercy.

Edited on by Splat

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

Tasuki

Dear Vince,

I hope you are happy, you got your wish and you got to ruin wrestling for me. Congratulations sir.

Sign A former WWE fan.

My Backlog

AdamNovice

That Becky Lynch heel turn though.

AdamNovice

Twitter:

Fight_Teza_Fight

I thought SummerSlam was excellent. If you take out the Main Event, all the matches were top notch.
MOTN for me was Styles vs Joe. Damn... . Those guys have chemistry. Samoa Joe MVP of the night.
I was a bit let down by Bryan vs Miz. I get that this was just Chapter 1 of the actual feud, but it lacked intensity for what was '8 years in the making'.

I only watch SmackDown. Roman can be the grand mystic ruler of the Universe and I still won't give a ####.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.

Tasuki

So some WWE news. As which seemed obvious now Lesnar has left the company to go back to UFC. Vince has said the door is always open for him but for now he's expected to go back to UFC through 2019. Which sadly means Vince gets his way again and Roman is now the face of the company.

Also Erik Rowan is out now for 4 to 6 months and quite honestly I don't see him coming back to WWE given his track record with injuries. Which I am suspecting that they will probably put Harper back with Bray Wyatt since Matt Hardy is out now to. Not sure how I feel about this as I liked Rowan and Harper's gimmick but oh well I guess.

My Backlog

Splat

I feel bad for whoever has to follow AJ vs Joe in a Hell in the Cell match. It should be the Main Event but I know it won't be.

Edited on by Splat

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

Fight_Teza_Fight

Thought Super Show Down was pretty good. I like these big shows abroad, but I do wish the were more consequential.
It’s like a glorified house show. The hometown kids go over (Buddy & Iiconics) and most feuds were held over (sans AJ/Joe).
Taker can still go. He can no longer ‘carry’ a match, but if you put him with a workhorse you can get a great match out of him.

Also I picked up WWE2K19. Not played one since 2K14, but the Daniel Bryan Showcase mode was enough to get me this year around.
Not sure if I keep playing beyond beating Showcase mode, but I’ve got a guaranteed buy back. Works out as a £5-6 rental for 2 weeks.
Not a bad deal & I might even keep it.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.

AdamNovice

Wow what an absolute sh***r that news was.

AdamNovice

Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.