Forums

Topic: The Push Square Wrestling Thread.

Posts 681 to 700 of 738

RR529

Heard rumors that Roman was supposed to win at WrestleMania, but they changed plans last minute because the crowd booed him during his entrance (the idea being that they're going to have him win the title during The Greatest Royal Rumble, betting on the Saudi Arabian crowd being more receptive of him). That, and the part where Brock cut open Roman was unplanned and the powers that be were p***** that they did it (tryin' to keep that PG image).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Tasuki

@RR529 The plan was changed due to Brock resigning with WWE. Origianlly he was teasing that he was going to sign with UFC but in the end he resigned with WWE. Roman was going to win, but with Brock resigning they didn't need Brock to drop the belt. From what I heard, is the Roman refused to stay down when he was told that Brock was going to win which upsetted Brock and which is why he busted Roman open and left immediately after the match.

From what I have heard and these may be rumors is that Brock will keep the title till Summerslam where he will drop to Lashley. Doing so will cause Brock to break the longest title reign record currently held by C.M. Punk which we know how WWE feels about him.

As for Roman after Saudi Arabia he's set to be in a feud with Samoa Joe.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Tasuki

@Kyroki Lesnar vs Lashley would be awesome, it reminds me of the dream match we never got years ago Lesnar vs Batista. I wanted to see the match so bad but by the time Batista became a main eventer Brock had left the company so instead we got Cena vs Batista.

My Backlog

Tasuki

@Kyroki That's what I have been reading.and the fact that fans do not want Roman as the face of the company for the next 10.years or.whatever.

My Backlog

Splat

Lashley is in his 40's I highly doubt he is in their long-term plans. I could see him getting a short title run but that's about it. That said I have never really been a Lashley fan. They already have the better version in Brock.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

Tasuki

@Splat Yeah but Brock's health and his general attitude toward sports entertainment hurts him in the long run. After all that's why he left the first time around. We know that Lashley could be a full time employee unlike Brock.

My Backlog

Tasuki

Right several people have been the face for companies well into their 40s, Ric Flair, Sting just to name a few, so Lashley's age isn't a problem. If anything it will be the type of contract he has with them.

My Backlog

Fight_Teza_Fight

Just got done with The Greatest Royal Rumble.

A weird show. Just so strange... 😂.

Event felt big time. Wrestlemania-esque, but it lacked the spectacle & the crowd was a bit flat.
Even the matches were more or less B-tier PPV quality. Every match was good, just not great (although AJ/Naka could’ve been).

Highlight was the Rumble. Lacked star quality, but it was well put together.

MVP of the show: Titus O’Neil😂😂

So many botches.

Edited on by Fight_Teza_Fight

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

shonenjump86

Titus O’Neil will go down in Royal Rumble history lol.

Switch Friend Code- SW-7254-3677-0897
Super Smash Bros Ultimate, Mario Kart 8, Capcom Beat em Collection, SNK Heroines.

PlayStation- Shonen86
Fighting games.

Add me if ya like.

PSN: Shonen86

Tasuki

@Fight_Teza_Fight That was the one thing I noticed were the botches especially coming from Michael Cole on the the mic and the big one for at least was the one during the Jeff Hardy/Jinder Mahal match. As for the crowd that's normal for the most part when it come to other countries. Watch the event Beast in the East WWE had a few years ago in Japan and you will see what I am talking about. Other then that I enjoyed it.

@shonenjump86 Whatever he does now in his career it won't matter as he will.be known for his GRR entrance.

Edited on by Tasuki

My Backlog

Tasuki

Wow after watching Backlash I am starting to wonder what is going on with WWE and their plans for PPVs. This one was really bad the only good match was the fist match for the I.C. title all the others were either matches that seemed like they should have been on Raw or Smackdown or were good but had terrible endings (looking at you Styles/Nakamura). Anyone else feel that way with Backlash?

My Backlog

Fight_Teza_Fight

@Tasuki Yeah thought the same. IC was MOTN. Styles/Nak was great & the finish completely ruined it. Double count-out for a No DQ match, really?
I’m a big Daniel Bryan fan, but that finish was bad.7ft Cass taps within a second.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Tasuki

@Fight_Teza_Fight Not only that but I felt there was 0 story progression. The point of a PPV is to make you want to tune into Raw and/or Smackdown to see how the story unfolds but honestly none of the endings of these matches made me want to do that. The biggest let down was the Raw woman's title matches between Nia Jax and Bliss, really all that build up for their anti-bullying campaign. Don't get me wrong I am all for anti-bullying but a three month story arch that could have just been a P.S.A.

My Backlog

AdamNovice

I'm just waiting to see if Bayley and Becky Lynch get any meaningful push at this point cos WWE are wasting their talents.

AdamNovice

Twitter:

Tasuki

@adf86 @Kyroki Hopefully they will do something here soon with Bayley, and Becky. I am pretty sure WWE will keep them around for awhile especially after they just signed the remain two Four Horsewomen of UFC to the WWE a couple of days ago which makes me think that next year's WrestleMania they will have Four Horsewomen vs Four Horsewomen match.

My Backlog

AhmadSumadi

Why does everyone hate Roman? I took time off wrestling and when I get back he's hated most.

AhmadSumadi

Tasuki

@AhmadSumadi Long story short WWE uppers continuously try to push him and shove him down fans throats as the next face of WWE since Cena is gone. He has no personality, can't cut a promo and is just average in the ring yet others who are more deserving and are better get pushed by for Roman.

My Backlog

Tasuki

So I have been reading online that Vince wasn't happy with the crowd reaction to the Samoa Joe/Roman Reigns match for Backlash nevermind the fact that 80% of the crowd started to leave once things turned around for Roman. Rumor is that Vince is seriously considering a heel turn for Roman now.

My Backlog

AdamNovice

@Tasuki Vince needs to stop been so stubborn, god knows why he wants Roman as the new face of the company when I can name ten easily that are better suited.
And people are trying to throw them a bone by wanting him to turn heel cos at least creatively they can do something with it. But if Vince won't sit up to take notice of what the fans think about Roman over these last two years then I doubt he will now. Personally I would prefer if he stepped down and allow HHH full control over the booking and writers, at least we might get the NXT guys properly pushed.

AdamNovice

Twitter:

Fight_Teza_Fight

I'm so over Roman. He's one of the reasons why I don't watch RAW.
Since Mania I've only kept up with SmackDown. Much better. 5 hours of wrestling (minimum) per week is exhausting.
Also Nakamura is a godtier heel.
Untitled

Sorry I speak no Engrish XD

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.