Forums

Topic: The Push Square Wrestling Thread.

Posts 601 to 620 of 738

Tasuki

@Splat: It's nice seeing woman's wrestling going back to how it was in the attitude era. That match on Raw was one of the best I have seen in a long time.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Splat

I don't know about anyone else but I'm kinda pumped for Summer Slam. It's looking like a really solid card. I'm fully expecting Seth and Finn to steal the show.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

BodyW-outOrgans

Thank god for NJPW and Lucha Underground - because even with all their talent, WWE is unwatchable for me.

BodyW-outOrgans

PSN: BodyWithoutOrgan

BodyW-outOrgans

I know I'm late on this one, but - Kenny Omega wins the G-1 Climax! First Gaijin to do so! Congrats to him. This should be getting way more coverage from the pw media than it is. I'm kind of surprised.

BodyW-outOrgans

Tasuki

@BodyW-outOrgans: Congrats to him, although I hae no idea what that is. The only type of wrestling I can watch is WWE heck I can't even watch TNA (but why would I).

I have been though watching an English promotion called What Culture Pro Wrestling (WCPW) and I am enjoying it alot. They started out as a YouTube channel mainly talking about the different wrestling promotions like WWE, TNA, RoH, NJPW etc. and somehow started their own promotion. They have alot of solid matches and the names they have, Jay Lethal, Aaron (Daiman Sandow) Stevens, Douglas Williams and in a few months they will having Cody Rhoads, Kurt Angle and even Eric Bischoff for at least a night. You can watch all their tapings on YouTube under What Culture Pro Wrestling.

My Backlog

BodyW-outOrgans

@Tasuki: That's cool - anything fresh in pro-wrestling I am all for. The G-1 is (I dare say) the largest, most prestigious, and important tournament in pro-wrestling, and it's held by NJPW. They cross promote though in that they have wrestlers from other promotions (such as ROH, and Pro-Wrestlign NOAH- another Japanese company, compete in it). Here - check out this Wikipedia page on it, it's very informative an concise. But you'll notice previous participants include Hulk Hogan, Andre The Giant, Vader, Rick Rude, William Regal, Steve Austin, AJ Styles, and I believe Ric Flair. Shinsuke Nakamura has won it previously as well (who is currently in NXT). Anyway, looking at the history of the event it really gives some perspective on Kenny Omega's win. Pretty awesome.

Here's the Wikipedia link:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G1_Climax

Edited on by BodyW-outOrgans

BodyW-outOrgans

Tasuki

@BodyW-outOrgans: That's cool, yeah I want to get into NJPW but finding it here in the states (legally) is a pain. I here they might bring an app out for the Roku but that's been going on for a year or so now.

My Backlog

Splat

Anyone who has the WWE Network should give the 24 special on Women's Wrestling a shot. Good stuff...

BodyW-outOrgans

@Tasuki: Ah, yeah, an app is sorely needed. Ideally - one that could be accessed from the PS4! With NJPW truly expanding and getting bigger in the past 2 years, I have no idea why they haven't done something like this to be more accessible.

Edited on by BodyW-outOrgans

BodyW-outOrgans

Tasuki

@BodyW-outOrgans: That would be awesome. I know through the Japanese Google store they have a smartphone app and there is an app for streaming devices like Chromecast, Roku etc but again it's Asia only. The app is basically their version of the WWE Network and as I said there has been talk for awhile now to bring it to other parts of the world but so far nothing.

My Backlog

Splat

I really thought Seth/Finn would steal the show but Cena/Styles killed it. I know Cena get's a lot of hate but he has had countless great matches.

Splat

I'm a Seth Rollins fan but he has now seriously hurt Cena,Sting and now Finn. He need's to stop doing the corner powerbomb if he can't do it with out hurting someone.

Tasuki

@Splat: He also hurt himself doing it as well. Seriously though I would think after hurting Sting with it they would have banned him from using it. After all they banned the curb stomp.

My Backlog

Splat

How can anyone not like Bayley? She is the female Daniel Bryan. It's impossible for me not to root for her.

BodyW-outOrgans

@BodyW-outOrgans: First off if you want to discuss the rules here please watch the attitude. You are a great contributor here but if that's how you feel, we'll I can't stop you from leaving.

Please check your email shorty as I will gladly explain my actions there as I don't want to derail this thread. Also please if you want to discuss something like this use the contact form below.

Thanks

Edited on by Tasuki

BodyW-outOrgans

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.