Forums

Topic: The Push Square Wrestling Thread.

Posts 341 to 360 of 738

Confused_Dude

First Zayn appears and now Owens? I might start watching Raw again if more NXT talent starts showing up!

Staff Writer. Former Push Square Video Editor and Podcast Editor.

PSN: Confused_Dude | Twitter:

Tasuki

Scollurio wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Splat wrote:

#BringBackTheCurbStomp

Like WWE's lawyers are going to let that happen.

What's so bad about it? Isn't it just as easily faked as every other leg/elbow drop/stomp?
Or is it too "racistic hooligan"?!

It's because it's a high impact move to the head or appears to be so. Ever since the whole Chris Benoit thing WWE is very weary of high impact moves to the head. That's one reason we don't see the Hardcore Championship come b.ack and not to many chair shots rto the head etc. Also I they were afraid kids would copy it.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Scollurio

@Tasuki Thanks for clearing things up for me, even though - personally - I still don't see it. I noticed that everything got somewhat "tame" compared to the last time I actively watched years ago, but being afraid of children trying to copy it? But powerbombin' away with your friends ain't dangerous for your head right? And whats with those "straight" punches (Superman Punch) and kicks (Superkicks) to the head? I mean there's some obvious impact audible and I can imagine you'd need to be really careful to not really cause some serious damage to the jaw/neck. Anyways... Im thinking way too much about it!

#supportindies
Top 5 Indies I'd recommend you try: #1 Lovecraft's Untold Stories, #2 Moonlighter, #3 Hotline Miami, #4 Inside, #5 Into the Breach.

PSN: Scollurio | Twitter:

Tasuki

Scollurio wrote:

@Tasuki Thanks for clearing things up for me, even though - personally - I still don't see it. I noticed that everything got somewhat "tame" compared to the last time I actively watched years ago, but being afraid of children trying to copy it? But powerbombin' away with your friends ain't dangerous for your head right? And whats with those "straight" punches (Superman Punch) and kicks (Superkicks) to the head? I mean there's some obvious impact audible and I can imagine you'd need to be really careful to not really cause some serious damage to the jaw/neck. Anyways... Im thinking way too much about it!

Yeah I don't understand it either really what constitutes as high impact head moves and what doesnt, I just know that was the reason cause that's what Seth said. That the lawyers didn't like it cause it was a high impact movie to the head.

I found it funny though that on last night's Raw when they showed a clip of when Ambrose was put through the cinder blocks by Seth a few months ago, they didn't show the impact just Seth putting Dean on the blocks and the him in a pile of rubble.

Speaking of Dean I loved the push he got last night on Raw. Right now he's like the main reason I watch Raw.

My Backlog

Confused_Dude

Well. I don't think NXT can get any better. Banks and Lynch is definitely down for best match in my book!

Also, Elimination Chamber is gonna be amazing.

Untitled

Staff Writer. Former Push Square Video Editor and Podcast Editor.

PSN: Confused_Dude | Twitter:

Tasuki

So I finally watched an NXT episode and I have to say I was really impressed, I can now see why so many people are enjoying it. That woman's title match OMG one of the best I have seen in a long time. Definitely going to be tuning in more often.

My Backlog

Splat

Tasuki wrote:

So I finally watched an NXT episode and I have to say I was really impressed, I can now see why so many people are enjoying it. That woman's title match OMG one of the best I have seen in a long time. Definitely going to be tuning in more often.

It's so much better then Raw and SD. NXT is more about what happens in the ring and less of the filler talking and backstage crap.

Also.

"Joe is going to kill you."

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

Tasuki

Splat wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

It's so much better then Raw and SD. NXT is more about what happens in the ring and less of the filler talking and backstage crap.

Also.

"Joe is going to kill you."

Yeah I was glad to see Samoa Joe show up. He was one of my favorites on TNA back in the day.

My Backlog

Tasuki

Was it me or did Dean Ambrose this week remind anyone else of a certain Texas Rattlesnake?

My Backlog

CThrash13

First off, last week's NXT special definitely wasn't as good as the last couple. It was still a very good event though. The women's match was the match of the night, although Balor vs. Breeze was really solid too. Banks and Lynch have great chemistry, but Banks and Charlotte's chemistry was off the charts great!

I think the WWE is going for a little Texas Rattlesnake with Dean Ambrose, and he's one of the only current WWE guys who can pull it off. Since the RAW in his hometown of Cincinnati a few weeks back, he's been crazy over with the WWE Universe and very deserving of being in the main event picture for years to come. I hope the WWE has realized that now, but we'll see. I'm excited about Elimination Chamber this weekend. For being thrown together pretty quickly, it has the potential to be pretty darn good.

CThrash13

Twitter:

Tasuki

Yeah I hope they use Ambrose right too. Him and Seth work really well together. I have always liked Ambrose so it's nice for me at least to see the push he's getting.

My Backlog

Tasuki

Every other match can be bad now on Elimination Chamber the Owens/Cena match was well worth the PPV.

My Backlog

Arckadius

That ending though, damn them for teasing us.

Arckadius

Splat

SuperCena ran in to kryptonite...

Tasuki

Arckadius wrote:

That ending though, damn them for teasing us.

Yeah I know. I should have known they wouldn't let the title change hands on that but I fell for it, lol. I was screaming for joy when Dean gotta it jumping up and down spilling beer everywhere lol. Only to hear the decision reversed. Still I love how he ran off with the title I was cracking up. I hope they continue with Dean on the track he is now. I might actually start enjoying Raw again.

@Splat. I would like to dedicate a Three Doors Down song to John Cena.

My Backlog

Arckadius

I was watching it with two of my freinds, and aside from Cena VS. Owens, nothing really got us excited. The crowd wasn't great either. So needless to say we were pretty mellow during the title match, not expecting a title change and all of a sudden Ambrose gets the 3 count. All 3 of us almost flew out of our chairs, I can't believe they ruined a great moment. But they absolutely have to put the belt on him eventually now.

Arckadius

CThrash13

I'm looking forward to Money In The Bank this Sunday. It's always one of my favorite events, and this year's event should be pretty solid. The MiTB ladder match always produces some pretty good spots, and Ambrose/Rollins in a ladder match should deliver as well. And after Cena/Owens I delivered the goods, Cena/Owens II has potential to be fantastic as well. I'm not super excited about the other matches as of now, but that could change in the next few days. Nonetheless, I'm ready to see what happens this Sunday.

CThrash13

Twitter:

Tasuki

I am really liking what they are doing with Ambrose and Rollins now and Kevin Owens. I honestly haven't enjoyed WWE like I have been for awhile now, I just hope this Ambrose/Rollins feud doesn't die out too soon.

My Backlog

Splat

https://celebrity.yahoo.com/news/dusty-rhodes-dead-wwe-hall-f...

WWE fans are mourning the death of "The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes (real name: Virgil Runnels), who died Thursday, June 11. He was 69.

The wrestling empire confirmed the news in a statement to Us Weekly, describing the WWE Hall of Famer as "one of the most captivating and charismatic figures in sports entertainment history."

RIP.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.