Forums

Topic: The Push Square Wrestling Thread.

Posts 321 to 340 of 738

Arckadius

I think they want the curb stomp to be used rarely like Ortons Punt kick. Extreme rules had some ok matches, the stipulations were lame, nobody followed the rules. The most surprising thing for me, was Big Show and Reigns for the 30th time was actually a good match, they both put on a good match. Maybe its because I was expecting it to be horrible, but I enjoyed that match, as well as the tag team title match.

Arckadius

Arckadius

Also for the street fight, one of the commentators was like "I wonder what kind of chaos they go into on the streets of Chicago". They probably just grabbed a burger somehere, and then came right back.

Arckadius

Tasuki

Well the KotR was interesting to say the least. I do hope this means Barrett will get a push now and it just isn't a meaningless thing like the Andre tournament.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Splat

Zayn Looked strong vs (like it or not) WWE's biggest star. They even had him kick out of the AA. I think that's a pretty good first impression.

There is some really good talent coming out of NXT. If the WWE handles them right the future could be bright...

I can't wait for Kevin Owens to make the main roster.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

larry_koopa

Got to say that I have not been impressed with much of anything since Mania. Neville's matches have been great, but I don't really trust WWE to handle him properly, given the recent history of some of the NXT call-ups. But just all around there isn't much going on story-line wise that I care about. I cancelled the WWE Network a few weeks ago. Maybe if the build towards Summer Slam is good enough I'll start paying for it again, but right now WWE does not deserve my money.

My game library ranges from Mario Kart to Call of Duty to Tales of Xillia to Diablo 3 to Forza. To me gaming is about having fun - not blindly supporting only one company while thumbing your nose at "the evil other systems."

Tasuki

larry_koopa wrote:

Got to say that I have not been impressed with much of anything since Mania. Neville's matches have been great, but I don't really trust WWE to handle him properly, given the recent history of some of the NXT call-ups. But just all around there isn't much going on story-line wise that I care about. I cancelled the WWE Network a few weeks ago. Maybe if the build towards Summer Slam is good enough I'll start paying for it again, but right now WWE does not deserve my money.

I have been tempted but I watch alot of the old WCW and ECW so for me that's worth 10 bucks a month.

My Backlog

Scollurio

Again, I really get NO enjoyment of any storylines whatsoever, what I DO enjoy are fast technical or rough matches, I gotta say, as much as I despise Seth Rollins (or the Gimick they gave him) the Match VS Dean Ambrose was awesome!

#supportindies
Top 5 Indies I'd recommend you try: #1 Lovecraft's Untold Stories, #2 Moonlighter, #3 Hotline Miami, #4 Inside, #5 Into the Breach.

PSN: Scollurio | Twitter:

YTPPal

Well I did see a few matches on hulu plus on my ps tv regarding kotr raw and I was surprised Bray Wyatt took out Ryback after he defeated his brother Bo Dallas in the tournament...

YTPPal

Tasuki

YTPPal wrote:

Well I did see a few matches on hulu plus on my ps tv regarding kotr raw and I was surprised Bray Wyatt took out Ryback after he defeated his brother Bo Dallas in the tournament...

Bo and Ryback weren't in the KotR tournment.

My Backlog

YTPPal

Tasuki wrote:

YTPPal wrote:

Bo and Ryback weren't in the KotR tournment.

Oopsie, my bad I thought the other way around. My mind is so busy right now.

YTPPal

Tasuki

I have to say I wasn't to interested in the triple treat match for the WWE Championship at Payback but now that they added Dean Ambrose to it.....

My Backlog

Splat

Tasuki wrote:

I have to say I wasn't to interested in the triple treat match for the WWE Championship at Payback but now that they added Dean Ambrose to it.....

Sadly, I think the only reason they added DA was so he can be the one to get pinned. They don't want any of the other three to look weak.

That being said it should be a good match.

Also

Can we get rid of The Big Show,Kane ect and bring in a few more NXT guys? I'm ready for the youth movement.

Edited on by Splat

Scollurio

Splat wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Sadly, I think the only reason they added DA was so he can be the one to get pinned. They don't want any of the other three to look weak.

That being said it should be a good match.

Also

Can we get rid of The Big Show,Kane ect and bring in a few more NXT guys? I'm ready for the youth movement.

My thoughts exactly. All of it!

#supportindies
Top 5 Indies I'd recommend you try: #1 Lovecraft's Untold Stories, #2 Moonlighter, #3 Hotline Miami, #4 Inside, #5 Into the Breach.

Tasuki

So the rumor going around is that Reigns and Ambrose are going to turn heel at Payback and attack Orton so anyone thinking of a Shield reunion?

Also Jeff Jerret has an impressive roster for his Global Force Wrestling. Former WWE Superstars like Chris Masters, Justin Gabriel and Luke Gallows have signed. Jim Ross sounds like he might be a part of this, so I am wondering what are you guys thoughts on this.

According to Double J he is not looking to compete with WWE but rather Co exist. He has stated several times that the worst thing for the Wrestling business was WWE buying out WCW killing an alternative to WWE. Now as for TNA he says they are fair game and his goal is to be the number 2 wrestling company in the US.

http://globalforcewrestling.com/reveal/

My Backlog

Tasuki

Well at times I question why I still get excited for WWE PPVs. I have to say the best thing about Payback was the Rusev/Cena match and the Ryback/Wyatt match. The Fatal Fourway was a complete joke with Kane and J and J getting involved waaay to much they might as well just have thrown them into the match as well. The only thing I liked was the "Sheild" reunion. Other then that a big snorefest.

My Backlog

Arckadius

Imagine if last night's match between Cena and Rusev was the first time they had fought. It would have come off as an amazing match. Yet because it was the fourth time I feel like it nobody was caring by that point. It was a great match though.

The 4 way was beyond chaotic, almost the entire time. The thing about this match, most people know that the WWE title rarely changes hands between Mania and Summerslam. That's what makes this time of year boring. The only reason I was so invested in that match was the thought of Dean Ambrose possibly becoming WWE champion.

My favorite match of the night was probably the tag team title match. Kidd and Cesaro are amazing together. I'm really excited to see the tag team title chamber match. I wonder if it will be 3 teams, 2 people start and the other 4 in a pod. Or 6 teams with 2 teams starting and 4 teams each in a pod. What teams would everyone like to see in this match?

Arckadius

Splat

#BringBackTheCurbStomp

Scollurio

Tasuki wrote:

Splat wrote:

#BringBackTheCurbStomp

Like WWE's lawyers are going to let that happen.

What's so bad about it? Isn't it just as easily faked as every other leg/elbow drop/stomp?
Or is it too "racistic hooligan"?!

#supportindies

Scollurio

Rollins. Really. It's clear people are fed up. Ambrose and even Reigns as champ and people would be through the roof.

#supportindies

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.