Forums

Topic: The Push Square Wrestling Thread.

Posts 301 to 320 of 738

Scollurio

I really loved the two of AJ and Paige.
Two very pretty women and you watch some "out of character" interviews with them, bright and fun ladies too. I can't believe how young Paige is and that she started wrestling so early already. Love her voice though when she's screaming through the ring.

I wonder who they will team Paige up with, our outsider gothic girl. The jumpy psychopath cutie persona of AJ was a nice fit I think.

#supportindies
Top 5 Indies I'd recommend you try: #1 Lovecraft's Untold Stories, #2 Moonlighter, #3 Hotline Miami, #4 Inside, #5 Into the Breach.

PSN: Scollurio | Twitter:

Tasuki

Honestly I wish they would stop using the Diva matches to promote Total Divas. I think making the Divas act like a bunch of reality show bimbos is a slap in the face to woman's wrestling. It's such a shame to see what WWE thinks of women's wrestling.

Sadly the one thing that TNA does better then WWE is treat their woman wrestlers like they should be treated.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Splat

The Diva matches on NXT are a million times better than Raw or SD. I honestly don't want any of those girls called up to the main roster because they will just be ruined. I think HHH get's it when it comes to them but Vince still just see's them as eye candy nothing more.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

Arckadius

They've got so many diva's on the main roster, we go long times without seeing some of them. With only one divas match on per show maybe they should put the divas championship on hold and make Divas Tag-Team championships. The Bellas would be the ideal team to take the belts first, but it would be a good chance to set up some of the better divas with some of the ones that need more ring training. With AJ gone, there is no one super popular diva, she has led that division for a long time.

Arckadius

Splat

Neville vs Seth was outstanding...

Arckadius

I hope we get to see a nice long PPV match with those two soon. That was a nice teaser though.

Arckadius

larry_koopa

@Tasuki

I just don't know why they have to be called "Divas." When I was a kid they were simply women wrestlers, and their belt was the Women's Championship, not the Diva Championship. To me the word "diva" just has different connotations; we're eye candy just here to look pretty, kill some TV time, and give the men a break, tehehe... that's how it comes off. The Divas are hardly given 5 minutes to wrestle on Raw, so why actually refer to them as wrestlers then, right? Plus, outside of the wrestling world calling a woman a diva isn't really a compliment. I'm sure if I told my fiancée that I think she's a diva she would be insulted and I would be told off.

I just remember what Trish Stratus and Lita did for women's wrestling when I was growing up. I'm not saying that the current women on the roster can't work, it's just too bad that they're not given more time to tell a story in the ring. It's sad to see the state that the "Divas Division" is in now; the fact that it's not even referred to as women's wrestling is just the start of the problems.

Wow, I just gave the Divas Division more thought than WWE Creative has in years. I guess they think we'd rather see Roman Reigns beat Big Show for the 100th time.

Edited on by larry_koopa

My game library ranges from Mario Kart to Call of Duty to Tales of Xillia to Diablo 3 to Forza. To me gaming is about having fun - not blindly supporting only one company while thumbing your nose at "the evil other systems."

rastamadeus

Splat wrote:

Neville vs Seth was outstanding...

Any time we see Seth made a fool of it's outstanding. Happens week after week now though. Which is good as he's such a smary little creep. I know it's all an act and a story but he encapsulates everything for me that is wrong with modern life: putting in very little effort, riding on the coat-tails of others, cheating, getting others to do your work and taking all the benefits. Sooner they let Brock Lesnar annihilate him the better.

Same with John Cena, him being a champion again really puts me off. Nearly everyone can't stand him and we non-Americans now have to endure even more "USA! USA!" crap that got tiring decades ago. WWE don't seem to realise there's more than just Americans who watch their shows. Let Rusev snap him as in one wave of his Russian flag he shows more personality, charm and ability than Cena.

"Oh smeg. What the smegging smegs he smegging done? He's smegging killed me."

PSN: Rastamadeus | Twitter:

Scollurio

I really can't stand that "bitchy chicks" angle they're having on the Divas - like many of you discussed already I'd rather see the performance in the ring and not backstage in sub-par soap opera-style. Where's Paige?

#supportindies
Top 5 Indies I'd recommend you try: #1 Lovecraft's Untold Stories, #2 Moonlighter, #3 Hotline Miami, #4 Inside, #5 Into the Breach.

Tasuki

I am really enjoying Neville but that name.... Everytime I hear it I picture Neville Longbottom from the Harry Potter series.

My Backlog

DerMeister

Tasuki wrote:

I am really enjoying Neville but that name.... Everytime I hear it I picture Neville Longbottom from the Harry Potter series.

I know right? Adrian Neville was fine as is, but Neville by itself sounds kinda dorky. And this is just me, but I've always felt singular names worked better for big wrestlers or masked luchadores. But it's a minor thing.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

Splat

It boggles my mind that both Kane and The Big Show are still focused on so much in story lines. I think it's time for both to call it a day or at least take a long break. I have no interest in anything either of them do anymore.

Scollurio

Splat wrote:

It boggles my mind that both Kane and The Big Show are still focused on so much in story lines. I think it's time for both to call it a day or at least take a long break. I have no interest in anything either of them do anymore.

To be honest, personally, I find ALL the storylines cringe-worthy. The backstage-acting is the worst. I prefer technical, fast paced matches without much around it over everything else. I found the match Undertaker (though I love the guy but he's so beat up, he's done) vs Wyatt ABYSMAL. I don't like Wyatt in general. That bridgy-creepy-creature-bend he does on the floor? It's just sticking his belly out and everytime I wait for his bellybutton to fly off and hit someone in the eye. Face of fear? More like face of Burgerking. What I try to say is I do like the gimicks mostly, but some are not made to carry any story whatsoever. I like the french lunatic kind of thing, he's a good athlete and brings a bit of good old randy savage crazy to the ring, luckily he doesn't do much talking most of the time.

#supportindies

CThrash13

Splat wrote:

I couldn't agree more with this statement. I'm ridiculously over seeing these two on my TV screen in a wrestling role, and it's a shame Roman has to feud with Big Show right now. The WWE brass wants Roman over with the crowd, but putting him in a feud with Big Show definitely isn't the way to get that done. If Big Show and Kane retire and two younger guys take their places, the WWE would be in a better place as far as in-ring action is concerned. Both have had great careers, but they are FAR past their prime at this point and are only making fans more tired of them week after week.

CThrash13

Twitter:

Arckadius

Roman has a slight chance to go over with the crowd if he can be the one to retire Kane and Big Show. I think its time we get a new 7 foot monster. There has to be one out there somewhere. Also does anyone else not like Rollins new finisher?

Arckadius

DerMeister

Arckadius wrote:

Roman has a slight chance to go over with the crowd if he can be the one to retire Kane and Big Show. I think its time we get a new 7 foot monster. There has to be one out there somewhere. Also does anyone else not like Rollins new finisher?

I kinda agree, but I also feel Reigns can take their place as well. I know he's not as big as them, but he hits just as hard. He'd probably be better as a destructive heel or anti-hero.

I haven't seen Rollin's new finisher yet, been busy lately. I heard the curb stomp had to be banned though.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

Scollurio

Arckadius wrote:

I'm pretty sure that Roman, the guy behind the gimmick, is a great athlete and a nice fella to boot, but as much as I am overexposed to Kane and Big Show, I'm overexposed to him as well. And yeah I'm not too fond of his finishers either, spear has been done to death and will never hit home like in the times of Mr. Goldberg, also his pump-action-fist Superman punch sports a silly name, a silly gesture and basicly is just a fist to the mouth. I don't like that too much, if I'd like that I'd watch boxing and get plenty of that.

#supportindies

Scollurio

Extreme rules - what a waste of time!

#supportindies

Splat

I'm really glad Neville is getting over. I was worried they would drop the ball with him. I doubt they let him win the KOTR but would like to see him make it to the finals.

Also

Verne Gagne Passed away.

Tasuki

Scollurio wrote:

Extreme rules - what a waste of time!

Totally agree. By far the worst match was the Chicago Street Fight match. What was the whole point of them leaving the arena? I miss when a street fight match was something. I remember them going all over the arena using whatever they could get their hands on as weapons. Those were the days.

Also what's this business of Seth's curb stomp being banned for real.

My Backlog

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.