Forums

Topic: The Push Square Wrestling Thread.

Posts 261 to 280 of 738

Splat

Tasuki wrote:

Splat wrote:

http://www.wrestlingnewsworld.com/wwe-confirms-rey-mysterios-...

“Rey Mysterio is no longer under contract with WWE.”

I know he hasn't been used in awhile anyway buy still sad. He was easily one of the best high flyers of all time.

I read somewhere that he said that he was going to appear at some wrestling event in Mexico but WWE wouldn't let him because it had ties to TNA I think it was. He still did anyways (since he gave the promotion his word) which caused a huge rift between WWE and himself. I think basically they just paid him to sit at home till his contract ran out which is why we didn't see him at all.

He has wanted out for ahwile but they wouldn't let him go because his merchandise was still selling. They basically forced him to wait for his deal to run out.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

Tasuki

So I have to say this years WM is looking to be a good one minus the main event. I mean the six man ladder match for the IC title looks like it will be the show stealer with all those great superstars in it and the Undertaker/ Wyatt match has my interest and of course the Sting/Triple H match. With all those great matches it looks like that WWE isn't expecting the WWE Championship match to be the main event. Anyone else getting that feeling.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

larry_koopa

@Tasuki

Yeah I agree. I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised by Lesnar/Reigns, but I'm not holding my breath either. I know there's a million things that can be said about Reigns, but I'll just say that it's hard to get hyped about the match when Reigns is sub-par on the mic, Heyman does all the talking on the champs behalf, and Lesnar is just never around (and when he is he just stands there). Look at WM 14 and 15: Michaels/Austin and Rock/Austin. They were each on TV every week getting us hyped for the main event. WWE doesn't seem to care about that kind of story telling anymore I guess.

Personally the Undertaker/Wyatt match is what I am most looking forward to. I have the Undertaker symbol tattooed on my right arm, so I think that qualifies me as a fan lol.

My game library ranges from Mario Kart to Call of Duty to Tales of Xillia to Diablo 3 to Forza. To me gaming is about having fun - not blindly supporting only one company while thumbing your nose at "the evil other systems."

Arckadius

I'm also looking forward to Orton VS. Rollins, I think those 2 guys together will put on an amazing match. Im not usually a fan of Orton (Not saying he's bad, but like Cena we've seen a lot of him). But I find when he has a new opponent to work with he will put on an awesome match.
The Battle Royal has me wondering if they are going to give the fans a treat and let someone like Mizdow win, I think the fans in the arena would go crazy if he did.

Arckadius

larry_koopa

@Arckadius

I'm rooting for Mizdow as well. I think he's ready for a major push.

My game library ranges from Mario Kart to Call of Duty to Tales of Xillia to Diablo 3 to Forza. To me gaming is about having fun - not blindly supporting only one company while thumbing your nose at "the evil other systems."

Tasuki

Yeah I think that it's Mizdow's time, you can see it happening here soon especially the way Miz is treating him lately.

My Backlog

Splat

It's such a shame Sting didn't come to WWE years ago instead of wasting away in TNA. I mean don't get me wrong I'm pumped he's there now but so many missed opportunities.

Tasuki

Splat wrote:

It's such a shame Sting didn't come to WWE years ago instead of wasting away in TNA. I mean don't get me wrong I'm pumped he's there now but so many missed opportunities.

I agree. I read that at the time that TNA signed Sting they made some ridiculous offer that at the time WWE couldn't match. That and Sting was worried how the WWE would use the Sting character.

My Backlog

larry_koopa

@Splat

So true. And I'm not just speaking as an Undertaker fan who would have loved to see those two face-off. I would have loved to have seen Punk and Sting as well. I wonder how WWE plans to use Sting after WM.

Arckadius

So apparently, WWE has decided to not allow Jerry Lawler to host the Hall of Fame this year and replaced him with Eva Marie. Of all the people in all of WWE, they managed to pick the most useless one. Why they wouldn't choose Renee Young is beyond me.

Arckadius

Splat

Arckadius wrote:

So apparently, WWE has decided to not allow Jerry Lawler to host the Hall of Fame this year and replaced him with Eva Marie. Of all the people in all of WWE, they managed to pick the most useless one. Why they wouldn't choose Renee Young is beyond me.

Yeah, Renee Young is awesome.

DerMeister

Arckadius wrote:

Well, they have to do something to justify her existence. I definitely would have went with Young if they had to replace King.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

Tasuki

So I don't know where you guys got the info that Lawler wasn't hosting the HoF but he did. I have to say I did enjoy it alot. Nice to see Macho Man finally get in. Also got a kicked outta watching Rikishi dance with his sons. Can't wait for WM tomorrow.

My Backlog

Splat

This is the least excited I have been for a WM in awhile. The ladder match and HHH vs Sting are the only two matches I'm really looking forward to. I REALLY hope Seth cashes in his MITB and saves the Main Event...

Tasuki

So word is Bray sprained his ankle pretty bad while warming up. He had to be carted off to the back this morning.

My Backlog

Splat

Renee Young is just adorable.

Splat

Ladder match up first. The show is getting stole right off the bat...

Splat

HHH just couldn't put his massive ego aside and let Sting win now could he? Great match awful ending...

Gamer83

Just read about the ending to the Sting/HHH match on a live blog. Horrendous way to end it. This is why I absolutely hate the WWE these days and refuse to support the product. From reading what happened though I think it has more to do with Vince's ego than HHH's.

Gamer83

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.