Forums

Topic: The Push Square Wrestling Thread.

Posts 241 to 260 of 738

Kage_88

Honestly, I'd prefer BULLY Ray to make a splash somewhere else. I have a feeling that the Dudleys would simply be used as part-time fodder much like the New Age Outlaws. After the initial pop, it'll once again be the case of 'same old, same old' (RVD, I'm looking at you).

Nintendo Network ID: KrissB

3DS: 2621-2629-6453

Xbox Live: GonkDroid88

PSN: Kriss_B

Steam ID: kage_88

GOG ID: KrissB

Feel free to add me!

CThrash13

Pretty solid RAW last night in my opinion. The opening segment was far too long, but we got some decent matches throughout the broadcast. Wyatt/Ziggler was really strong, and Bryan/Rollins was great as expected. I even thought Ryback/Luke Harper was a pretty darn good big man match for the time it was given. Fast Lane is looking pretty decent so far, but we'll see what gets added in the near future.

I'm excited about NXT's next big event next week too. That card will be awesome as always!

CThrash13

Twitter:

Splat

Thrash13 wrote:

Pretty solid RAW last night in my opinion. The opening segment was far too long, but we got some decent matches throughout the broadcast. Wyatt/Ziggler was really strong, and Bryan/Rollins was great as expected. I even thought Ryback/Luke Harper was a pretty darn good big man match for the time it was given. Fast Lane is looking pretty decent so far, but we'll see what gets added in the near future.

I'm excited about NXT's next big event next week too. That card will be awesome as always!

Agreed. Also Stone Cold's Podcast with HHH was interesting...

And I'm always excited for NXT's PPV's. I can't wait for them to show the main roster how it's done once again.

Edited on by Splat

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

Tasuki

Great Raw this week and I hope that what I think they are doing to "correct" the Rumble is true but only time will tell. The only gripe I have right now is why put Rusev VS Cena? Maybe I am the only one but I felt that Ryback should be the one to break Rusev's streak not Cena. Doing so would give Ryback a huge push.

As for the podcast very interesting stuff. I hope Stone Cold does another one soon.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

DerMeister

So who thinks Bryan will beat Reigns at Fast Lane? I think Reigns will win, but even if Bryan wins I have a feeling he still won't leave 'Mania with the title.

@Tasuki My question is why they're not doing it at 'Mania. Maybe there'll be some shananigans at Fast Lane so they can do it then. I hope that's the case.

I also hope Cena doesn't beat Rusev. He doesn't need the win, and Rusev's streak can probably be used for an NXT call up to get over.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

Splat

DerMeister wrote:

So who thinks Bryan will beat Reigns at Fast Lane? I think Reigns will win, but even if Bryan wins I have a feeling he still won't leave 'Mania with the title.

@Tasuki My question is why they're not doing it at 'Mania. Maybe there'll be some shananigans at Fast Lane so they can do it then. I hope that's the case.

I also hope Cena doesn't beat Rusev. He doesn't need the win, and Rusev's streak can probably be used for an NXT call up to get over.

I think Reigns wins at Fast Lane but not clean. I think whoever they plan to have DB face at WM will cost him the match.

As for Cena beating Rusev? I think it's pretty pointless. I think they should have had Reigns do that at WM and then see about him main eventing WM next year.

Edited on by Splat

CThrash13

I think a lot of people are going to be upset because DB isn't beating Reigns and Cena will give Rusev his first loss sometime soon. I agree with whoever said Ryback should've been Rusev's first clean loss.

CThrash13

Twitter:

Tasuki

Yeah I thought that was where they were going with Ryback but now it looks like they are burying him and Ziggler again.

My Backlog

Arckadius

I think Fastlane is a great chance for them to do something interesting with Reigns.
1) They have him turn heel and beat DB, which would give him so much heel heat.
2) The authority comes out and screws Reigns over and he battles them for a while like DB did last year, possibly getting him over with the fans.

On a side note I had heard they wanted Sheamus to fight DB at Mania again. Would be a perfect chance to have a returning heel Sheamus as part of the authority take out DB and cost him the match. Otherwise that match will be pretty boring. I also thing Sheamus is boring as a face, but as an ass/face kicking heel, he's quite entertaining.

I am saddened that it doesn't seem like they are going with DB vs. DZ which was teased. I honestly think that would have easily been match of the night. Maybe they didn't want those 2 out performing everyone else. Who knows?

Arckadius

Splat

Another great NXT PPV. If Vince would get out of HHH's way WWE could be so much better. The NXT roster is loaded with talent.

Watching a Diva match on NXT is night and day better then on Raw and SD. On Raw or SD they are just out there for two minutes to promote Total Divas. I actually dread them getting called up to the main roster.

Edited on by Splat

Splat

With Sheamus coming back and talk of a DB/Sheamus match at WM does anyone think he costs DB his match at Fastlane?

I would much prefer DB vs Ziggler at WM but don't think we are going to get it...

Splat

DB is a like a great point guard that makes everyone around him better. That was easily Reigns best singles match. That said I'm still not convinced Lesnar/Reigns will be a good match with out someone in there to lead.

Arckadius

I'm not sold on Reigns vs. Lesnar either, but I am looking forward to Rollins cashing in. DB vs. DZ would be a great match for Mania. I think they need to put Sheamus into the IC title picture. Barrett vs. Ambrose vs. Sheamus in some sort of a street fight or some gimmicky match would be better for him. I would also like to see Cesaro fight with those guys but he's busy, and honestly I like the team of Cesaro and Kidd. They are the tag-team I enjoy watching the most right now.

Arckadius

CThrash13

Daniel Bryan undoubtedly made Reigns look better, but Reigns added a good deal to the match in his own right. The two styles mesh very well though, and it made for a really strong performance from both guys. Reigns gassed a little but still hung in there and had a great match with DB.

There's no doubt in my mind Lesnar/Reigns can and will be pretty good. It will be a much different match than Bryan/Reigns was, but Lesnar is one of the best every time he performs. He's a really good wrestler when he wants to go that route. I'm hoping to see a little wrestling mixed with a little slugfest. Both guys are capable of putting on a pretty good match together. I think Daniel Bryan vs. Lesnar would've been something special, but I still think Lesnar/Reigns can be a 3.5 or 4 star match if done correctly.

It's being said Lesnar will stay with the WWE after rumors had him going back to the UFC. It's not for sure until we hear something, but if he stays with the WWE, there's no guarantee Reigns beats him. I still see a Rollins' cash-in as a large possibility regardless who wins the main event, but we shall see. I just hope the crowd gives it a chance instead of crapping on it like they did Goldberg/Lesnar at WM 20. This match should be far better than that one was though.

I still want to see DB vs. Ziggler at Mania, but it's looking like one or both of those guys will be mixed in with BNB, Ambrose, and the IC Title picture. The next few weeks are going to be really interesting for sure!

CThrash13

Twitter:

Tasuki

I honestly dont see Lesnar going back to the UFC with his health problems. I think those were just rumors. I know that Triple H said on the podcast that Lesnar's contract is up but they are working with him on a new one.

In other news I am interested to see the Bray/Taker match at WM.

My Backlog

Tasuki

Splat wrote:

http://www.wrestlingnewsworld.com/wwe-confirms-rey-mysterios-...

“Rey Mysterio is no longer under contract with WWE.”

I know he hasn't been used in awhile anyway buy still sad. He was easily one of the best high flyers of all time.

I read somewhere that he said that he was going to appear at some wrestling event in Mexico but WWE wouldn't let him because it had ties to TNA I think it was. He still did anyways (since he gave the promotion his word) which caused a huge rift between WWE and himself. I think basically they just paid him to sit at home till his contract ran out which is why we didn't see him at all.

My Backlog

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.