Forums

Topic: The Music Thread

Posts 261 to 280 of 307

Draco_V_Ecliptic

Currently listening to ZZ Top, heard a lot of Johan Johannsson stuff recently and would highly recommend his solo albums (as in, non-film scores) I really think he had a lot to say about the world he was living in at the time, and said it through short orchestral pieces, short orchestral bursts.

"Guinevere herself was unworthy of the love she inspired, but then a queen steps so lightly even when crushing a louse.."

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

rafitafi

Flamingosis' whole discography. Very chill and lo-fi type of music

rafitafi

Draco_V_Ecliptic

I've been listening to a lot of Stravinsky recently, his lesser-known works such as Pulcinella and A Symphony Of Pslams, the 'Rite' is classic and essential of course, but he did so many other things as well!. Pulcinella was done in collaboration with Pablo Picasso, and A Symphony Of Psalms relates to his interest in Russian Orthodoxy, he was a devout follower of the Russian Orthodox Church, plus there is his autobiography to dive into as well! .

"Guinevere herself was unworthy of the love she inspired, but then a queen steps so lightly even when crushing a louse.."

Anti-Matter

I'm listening to More Than I Needed To Know by SCOOCH

My Top 5 Music genre:
1. Super Eurobeat
2. Cyber Trance
3. Euro Trance
4. Hardcore Techno
5. Bubblegum / Eurodance

PSN: DavidHartonoDDR

nessisonett

SCOOCH! I honestly had no idea they had any other songs than that Eurovision one with the pure camp, perennially tanned guy.

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

Anti-Matter

@nessisonett
More Than I Needed To Know by SCOOCH also has appeared on Dance Dance Revolution MAX 2 ARCADE.
I knew that song since November 2006 when DDR MAX 2 arcade has arrived at my local Game Arcade.
I have been playing that song on Heavy for 14 years.

Oh, there was a SCOOCH member shared same name with me, David.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

My Top 5 Music genre:
1. Super Eurobeat
2. Cyber Trance
3. Euro Trance
4. Hardcore Techno
5. Bubblegum / Eurodance

andreoni79

Anti-Matter wrote:

I'm listening to More Than I Needed To Know by SCOOCH

You just spoiled the last third of Disaster Report 4: Summer Memories!
Shame on you!

Edited on by andreoni79

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

Anti-Matter

@andreoni79
I have no idea what were you talking about. 🤨
And what corelation between SCOOCH song with the game you talked about ?

My Top 5 Music genre:
1. Super Eurobeat
2. Cyber Trance
3. Euro Trance
4. Hardcore Techno
5. Bubblegum / Eurodance

Anti-Matter

@andreoni79
I don't even care.
I think i knew it was a rated Mature game.
I hate all rated Mature games, nor even i care their existences.

My Top 5 Music genre:
1. Super Eurobeat
2. Cyber Trance
3. Euro Trance
4. Hardcore Techno
5. Bubblegum / Eurodance

Anti-Matter

I'm listening to MAD BLAST by THE INFECTION from Drummania 8th Mix.

My Top 5 Music genre:
1. Super Eurobeat
2. Cyber Trance
3. Euro Trance
4. Hardcore Techno
5. Bubblegum / Eurodance

nessisonett

@rafitafi You should check out Nujabes, if you haven’t already. J Dilla too, both legends of sample heavy hip hop that those videos are totally influenced by.

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

Draco_V_Ecliptic

I checked out Peter Brotzmann's 'Machine Gun' album recently. It's great jazz, he tends to create records with a handful of lengthy songs, that seems to be his style. I like it.

Edited on by Draco_V_Ecliptic

Anti-Matter

I'm glad the Eurodance music from Dr Bombay is back. 😀

My Top 5 Music genre:
1. Super Eurobeat
2. Cyber Trance
3. Euro Trance
4. Hardcore Techno
5. Bubblegum / Eurodance

nessisonett

I finally got round to listening to Heaven to a Tortured Mind by Yves Tumor and it’s seriously incredible. Definitely the best album this year by quite a margin and they’ve finally hit their true potential. It’s loud, psychedelic, abrasive and an absolute gem. 4.5/5

Draco_V_Ecliptic

Does anyone else here like Bill Orcutt's music? Or the band he was in before he went solo?

nessisonett

New Charli XCX dropped tonight and naturally as a huge Bubblegum Bass/PC Music nut, I gave it a listen. Being recorded exclusively in isolation and mostly mixed by Charli herself, it’s rough around the edges but the heart is there and it honestly might be the better for it. The harsher textures created from the mixing clash nicely with her vocals and the album’s just one banger after another. The perfect isolation party album and a solid 4.5/5.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic