Forums

Topic: The Music Thread

Posts 241 to 260 of 2,192

nessisonett

@Draco_V_Ecliptic Honestly I prefer guitar as part of an overall tune than just an old dude noodling for 20 minutes. Although I’d be excommunicated by Garth and Wayne for owning Frampton Goes Live so hey ho. This is my favourite clip of Wata playing live and is probably my favourite lead guitar piece of all time.
https://youtu.be/FxishhgT560

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

nessisonett

RIP Genesis P-Orridge. Throbbing Gristle have made a massive impact on my short life and influenced many of my favourite bands. Yeah, the whole body evolution/pandrogeny thing went over my head but you can’t deny they lived life. Thanks for giving the world 20 Jazz Funk Greats that were neither Jazz, Funk or traditionally Great.

Black_Swordsman

I like At The Drive-In and The Mars Volta. I was hoping that one of you could educate me as to the best Mars Volta album that sounds closest to At The Drive-In's In-Ter-A-Li-A? (The album they made after they reunited after years of Mars Volta work, that sounds quite different to their previous efforts).

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

KALofKRYPTON

Tiny PSA: Moog and Korg have made their respective iOS and Android Synth apps free!

Don't have any iOS devices myself so can't take advantage of the mini Moog app, but the Korg Kaossilator for Android (normally £17.99) is excellent!

Im sure I'll be rivalling Georgio Moroder's finest by the end of the week! 😁

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Black_Swordsman

Currently listening to ZZ Top, heard a lot of Johan Johannsson stuff recently and would highly recommend his solo albums (as in, non-film scores) I really think he had a lot to say about the world he was living in at the time, and said it through short orchestral pieces, short orchestral bursts.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

rafitafi

Flamingosis' whole discography. Very chill and lo-fi type of music

rafitafi

Black_Swordsman

I've been listening to a lot of Stravinsky recently, his lesser-known works such as Pulcinella and A Symphony Of Pslams, the 'Rite' is classic and essential of course, but he did so many other things as well!. Pulcinella was done in collaboration with Pablo Picasso, and A Symphony Of Psalms relates to his interest in Russian Orthodoxy, he was a devout follower of the Russian Orthodox Church, plus there is his autobiography to dive into as well! .

nessisonett

SCOOCH! I honestly had no idea they had any other songs than that Eurovision one with the pure camp, perennially tanned guy.

Anti-Matter

@nessisonett
More Than I Needed To Know by SCOOCH also has appeared on Dance Dance Revolution MAX 2 ARCADE.
I knew that song since November 2006 when DDR MAX 2 arcade has arrived at my local Game Arcade.
I have been playing that song on Heavy for 14 years.

Oh, there was a SCOOCH member shared same name with me, David.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

@andreoni79
I have no idea what were you talking about. 🤨
And what corelation between SCOOCH song with the game you talked about ?

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

@andreoni79
I don't even care.
I think i knew it was a rated Mature game.
I hate all rated Mature games, nor even i care their existences.

Anti-Matter

nessisonett

@rafitafi You should check out Nujabes, if you haven’t already. J Dilla too, both legends of sample heavy hip hop that those videos are totally influenced by.

Black_Swordsman

I checked out Peter Brotzmann's 'Machine Gun' album recently. It's great jazz, he tends to create records with a handful of lengthy songs, that seems to be his style. I like it.

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic