Forums

Topic: The Music Thread

Posts 121 to 140 of 2,197

WanderingBullet

@SilentE Interesting. I've actually watched that anime before but I can't it's theme songs, tbh. Thanks, btw.

Huntin' monsters erryday.

moniker

I listened to a variety of genres in early 2000s from blues, jazz, rock, r&b, hip-hop, metal, rock, video games/movies osts even pop songs at the time. But I transitioned to anime OP/ED then to visual kei/jmetal

I listen to Jmetal mostly but for nostalgias sake, I listen to the music I used to listen to

moniker

PSN: monixchi | Twitter:

KALofKRYPTON

Parcels, really digging them.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Tjuz

I almost feel out of place with my tendency to just listen to pop music. I've never been able to really get into another genre. Just give me some female singers singing high notes with beautiful vocals in ballad or catchy pop song form and I'm all good. Not at all into the "chill pop" popular nowadays, though.

Tjuz

Kidfried

@beemo Two Door Cinema Club is a lot of fun! Thanks for reminding me. Some of my favorite soccer game soundtracks (PES and FIFA):

• Broken Bells - After The Disco (PES16)
  • Voicst - Whatever You Want From Life (FIFA WC06)
  • Bloc Party - Helicoper (FIFA06)
  • Disclosure - F For You (FIFA14)

Kidfried

Thrillho

@Kidfried Reel Big Fish - Sell Out (FIFA 00) or nothing.

I will also allow Blur - Song #2 (FIFA RTWC98) as well.

Thrillho

WanderingBullet

Has anyone seen this?

I like character with the neon mask.haha Reminds me of Gorillaz.

Anyways, I think it's pretty insane that the developers made a song and a music video just to promote some DLC cosmetic skins.

Huntin' monsters erryday.

Wearl

Well, I have three genres which hold the biggest part in my collection and these are Rock/Metal, Soundtracks and Epic Music. Beside them I listen to soul, electronic, pop, blues and a little bit hip hop.

I can recommend the Label "Extreme Music", they offer every genre and it's not mainstream music in my eyes. This is my main source for pop, soul, blues and hip hop, Epic Indie is my favourite album series from them. In case of electronic music my main supplier is the Label "Monstercat".

Most Wanted:
-The Last of Us: Part II
-New Deus Ex Game

Wearl

Attention to all "Epic Music" lovers: Dwayne Ford has released his newest Album "War Moon" and it's another spectacular work from him <3

Most Wanted:
-The Last of Us: Part II
-New Deus Ex Game

RogerRoger

@Wearl Thanks for bringing this chap to my attention; had never heard of him before, but I'm liking what I'm hearing, so will definitely do a little more research and find more of his work!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@Wearl Nice, thanks!

It's especially cool considering I had to pause the E.S. Posthumus album "Makara" to give a listen yesterday, swapping out one kind of epic music for another.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Kidfried

I hadn't listened to Radiohead for quite a while. It's an amazing feeling to listen their music again after a while; feels like the first time.

Kidfried

Octane

Just came here to say that Mark Knopfler's new album is pretty amazing!

And I've got tickets for his upcoming tour; I can't wait!

Octane

jacobia

Hey all 👋 .....some self indulgence from me for this topic. My band, El Monstro, played a gig last night in my home town, and my son filmed a snippet of it on his phone. It was a great night and the response was great, but the best was my son’s reaction. It was the first time he’s seen us live and he was completely blown away, so his enthusiasm was very heartwarming and special to me.
I’m the bassist, and myself and the rhythm guitarist (next to me) are the main creators of our music. Anyhoo, I hope you enjoy it, and absolutely no worries if you don’t. Thanks 🙏

Edited on by jacobia

It isn’t a dream
You only heard yourself
The means of your life
Create and melt

PSN: jacobia

Kidfried

@jacobia That's very cool! How long have you been playing together as a band?

Kidfried

jacobia

@Kidfried Thank you ☺️. Erm...good question, I think about 6 years ago, but we’ve only done 4 gigs, 3 of which have been at this pub, the Café René. The youngest member is the drummer, who IIRC is around the 40 mark. The oldest is the singer, who is early 50’s. The lead guitarist is 48, and myself and the rhythm guitarist are both 49. We’re all either married or in a relationship, and 2 of the guys of got little children in their families. And of course, those individual relationships naturally come first before our collective relationship as a band, so getting together for rehearsals can sometimes be sporadic.

Edited on by jacobia

It isn’t a dream
You only heard yourself
The means of your life
Create and melt

PSN: jacobia

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic