Forums

Topic: The Movie Thread

Posts 781 to 800 of 8,892

JohnnyShoulder

Seen all Marvel movies bar Black Panther and the original captain America (YouTube it, it is hilariously bad).

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder Yeah, the original Capt America is probably one of the weakest installments, although unfortunately one of the most important story-wise. The background provided regarding Hydra, Bucky, Howard Stark, etc. is pretty key. But the film doesn’t really hold up very well as a whole.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

WanderingBullet

@JohnnyShoulder @Th3solution My least favourite MCU movies were Iron Man 2 and Thor: The Dark World. Those two were really bad, the rest were either okay, good or great.

Edit: Forgot to add Edward Norton's Incredible Hulk into my list of least favourite MCU movies as well cause I keep forgetting that it's part of that shared universe.haha

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

RogerRoger

@Th3solution @JohnnyShoulder That's funny, it was one of my favourites. All three Captain America films, as well as Iron Man 1 and 3, have been the highlights for me thusfar, although there are a handful of the more recent films that I haven't seen.

I feel like the only guy on the planet who won't be going to see Infinity War.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Rudy_Manchego

Tickets booked for Infinity War on Friday night. Also going to a cinema where I can sip wine and eat cheesy fries. Perfect.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

WanderingBullet

Anyone saw the new Venom trailer? Thought their design of Venom looked pretty faithful to the comics but the trailer as a whole and especially the action sequences was kinda meh.

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder
Untitled

This is why I just shouldn't talk about Marvel nonsense!

@Rudy_Manchego Isn't that just any cinema you can wear a long coat to?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@Rudy_Manchego Oh. I see.

Untitled

Today I'm answering everything with Simpsons gifs, apparently.

Making It So Since 1987

Jaz007

I just watched Gaurdians of the Galaxy 2. It was fantastic, it so hilarious and told a great story. It was quite touching at the end too. I haven’t enjoyed a movie so much in a little bit. I loved it. It was one of the best if not the best marvel movie so far. The way it was so funny they told such a good story while keeping consistent with the tone was quite impressive.

Jaz007

JohnnyShoulder

@Jaz007 I preferred the first one as there was too much exposition for me. Also thought some of the humour and soundtrack didn't hit the same heights as the first film. Plus I didn't think splitting the group worked. Still a good film but personally didn't think it was as good as number 1.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

WanderingBullet

I ordered Spider-Man: Homecoming [4K Ultra HD] [Blu-ray] from Amazon for $18. Just found out today that there is a BestBuy Exclusive Steelbook Limited Edition (love the art on that cover) as well but the third party sellers over at Amazon are selling it for $55 before shipping.:/

I'm also just waiting for Thor: Ragnarok's [4K Ultra HD] [Blu-ray] price to drop.

Rudy_Manchego

OK, so Infinity War watched, bottle of red wine consumed, headache pending.

No spoilers. I enjoyed it, but you need to have seen most if not all of the marvel movies for it to be at all coherent.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Jaz007

Does anyone else think the times movies being shown on opening is getting ridiculous? It went from midnight, tk 10:00, to 6:00 as I saw Inifinitt War was shown. It’s not an April 27th release, it the 26h it’s shown at 6:00. 10:00 was a bit early, but fine. Now it’s gonna start being shown on Wednesday at this rate.

That asked, I’m pretty excited to Infinity Wars tomorrow. I’ve seen all the other marvel movies expect for the Hulk, so I’m ready to go.

Jaz007

Tasuki

@Jaz007 Infinty War was a special occasion. Disney wanted a simultaneously release world wide to prevent spoilers from getting out and piracy.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

RR529

In This Corner of the World - Slice of life anime film that follows the day to day life of young housewife Suzu during the years of WWII, and there's both ups as well as (many) downs, as you could imagine. Not one of my favorites, but I'd say it's still very much worth a watch if you're into animation or early 20th century period pieces (the scenery was often quite breathtaking).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

TheTetrisGuy

I just saw Infinity War... no spoilers of course, but it was a good film, not my favorite Marvel movie, but it’s up there. A solid 8/10 if I had to grade it. Definitely go in without being spoiled if you can help it. That seems obvious, but it’ll enhance your experience in my opinion, you wouldn’t be getting the full experience if you do. I’ll probably give a more spoiler filled option later when it comes out on DVD, but I don’t even want to give anyone the option to spoil themselves, it’s that important.

Edited on by TheTetrisGuy

Just a geek that likes video games, and spends to much time playing Smash Bros. and Fortnite.

“Listen, smile, agree, and then do whatever you were gonna do anyway.” – Iron Man

Victor_Meldrew

Nonsense, Infinity is easily the best MCU film, 10/10.

Victor_Meldrew

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic