Forums

Topic: The Movie Thread

Posts 401 to 406 of 406

Rudy_Manchego

I saw Wonder Woman yesterday and was pleasantly surprised. Best DC film yet, well acted and filmed. One of the better superhero origin films out there.

Edited on by Rudy_Manchego

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

RR529
  • Tag (Netflix) - Odd Japanese B-movie about a schoolgirl who finds herself slipping between alternate universes where everyone around her seems to die in bizarrely (and hilariously cheesy) gruesome ways. By the end, I'm almost sure it's some sort of statement about how women are represented in media, particularly video games, but perhaps I'm overthinking it.

Blog: https://rrblogweb.wordpress.com/

Currently Playing: Hitman GO

Recently Beat: Castle of Illussion: Starring Mickey Mouse, Lara Croft GO, Front Mission Evolved

themcnoisy

Rogue one

Verging on nonsense the scale of phantom menace, with an uncanny valley cgi commander.

Its obviously a well shot film but the dad / daughter rubbish was too contrived to be enjoyable. It made sense for the Anakin / Luke / Leia storyline to have the family aspect but rogue one gets it all wrong. The final battle was awesome, but pretty much everything leading up was a total fail.

Forums Nintendo Best Game of all time 2017 - Super Mario Bros 3, Zelda Ocarina of Time, Super Mario Galaxy.
Forums Playstation Best Game of all time 2016 - Uncharted 2, The Last Of Us, Witcher 3.
Forums Best Game of all time 2015 - Fantasy 7, Zelda Ocarina of Time, Metal Gear Solid.

PSN: mc_noisy

crippyd

@themcnoisy I'd agree with you on that. The saving grace for me was Vader being totally badass, that bit was mega.

crippyd

Rudy_Manchego

@themcnoisy @crippyd Whoa - do not blaspheme and compare this film with Phantom Menace.

I rewatched Rogue One last night for the second time after seeing it in the cinema.

My review is average film with amazing ending IF you are a hugely nostalgic Star Wars fan (like me). The end battle made complete sense as a prologue to Episode 4, the fan service was immense (Seeing Red squadron, Darth Vader ending etc.). That said, if you aren't as bothered by fan service and just want a film with a good start/middle/end then this film isn't really worth your time.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

themcnoisy

@crippyd @Rudy_Manchego I love 😍 starwars, the very end sequence was brilliant with Vader.

At the very start the movie took you to 5 locations within the first 10 minutes. It was too quick. Then the Jeda section was great, them whisked away to another location, then another one, then another one, then the final battle which took up the last 40 minutes.

It seemed the film was a tour of the galaxy. I felt sorry for my wife who's never watched a full star wars film. She didn't know what the hell was going on.

Forums Nintendo Best Game of all time 2017 - Super Mario Bros 3, Zelda Ocarina of Time, Super Mario Galaxy.
Forums Playstation Best Game of all time 2016 - Uncharted 2, The Last Of Us, Witcher 3.
Forums Best Game of all time 2015 - Fantasy 7, Zelda Ocarina of Time, Metal Gear Solid.

PSN: mc_noisy

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic