Forums

Topic: The Movie Thread

Posts 3,101 to 3,120 of 8,865

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger Urgh... Really!? Great. I'll look forward to the sullying of some great music with forced emotional resonance. They'd better not use the ROTJ throne room music for this! Or Duel of the Fates! Or Battle of the Heroes!

There's a spoiler I saw today that could tip a few people over the edge if it pans out. You especially! 😲

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger Sorry, that's a bit 'baity' isn't it? 😈

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON That's okay. Like I said, it was seeing a particular spoiler which made me go ahead and book my ticket. When my partner cancelled, I was gonna cancel, but then I saw a particular name drop and literally got my coat. That's why I'll spend the next couple days re-watching the other films, staying away from getting my Star Wars fix online where recommended videos have spoiler thumbnails.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger Oooh, which one?

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON I take it you don't care? Sorry, I'm super-sensitive after inadvertently giving away one of the planets in Jedi: Fallen Order yesterday!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger Chances are I've seen it already, just curious as to which one has peaked your interest. I think I know 🤔😂

Th3solution

@RogerRoger @KALofKRYPTON I know what it is — we finally get to see what a midichlorian looks like!
That, or they bring back Harrison Ford as a Han Solo force ghost to lecture his son again and bring him to the light side. 🤔

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Well, aside from JJ Abrams hinting to an interviewer that Ahsoka Tano might be in it (which I sincerely doubt; I reckon he was just being deliberately enigmatic to fire up some free hashtag marketing), I saw that one of the "Jedi legacy" voices in a character's Force vision will be Mace Windu.

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@Th3solution I'd love it if they zoomed in on a midichlorian, and it looked like a microscopic George Lucas, with the hair and beard and everything.

Kept the tags separate so that you didn't see the spoilers above. Don't look!

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger Ah OK. Yeah, there's some spoiler talk about all of that.

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON I don't know whether I should still be excited about the old, old rumours suggesting that Hayden Christensen would return as Anakin's Force Ghost, in what I can only presume is that same vision sequence or whether I should just forget the idea, because otherwise I'll end up disappointed when it doesn't happen.

This isn't me asking to know, by the way. Sorry! Sit on your hands, at least until Thursday.

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger 😂😂 no problem. I'll wait for your reaction on Thursday!

KALofKRYPTON

@LN78 @RogerRoger Lucas wasn't even at the premiere! 😳

@WanderingBullet that was probably his most convincing bit!

Th3solution

@LN78 @KALofKRYPTON @RogerRoger I daringly treaded online to see early reactions and fortunately didn’t see any spoilers, but yeah — early impressions are more positive than expected. I saw quite a few journalists say it was pretty dense and very emotional. Of course opinions are mixed out there, but no one I saw was wholeheartedly negative about it. I’m going to have to try to keep myself from further reviews lest I stumble into a spoiler.
And I saw another trailer last night and had some better vibes from it compared to the earlier trailers. I’m much more hyped now than I was.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

KALofKRYPTON

@Th3solution from what some stuff has said, it very much looks like the last round of leaks were spot on.

So, it has the flash and excitement of a JJ film, but the plot and writing is disjointed while recycling as much of the previous trilogy for fan service as possible. Very much a sequel to TFA rather than TLJ. Which is actually an incredibly easy thing to envisage, since the only real consequence of TLJ in practical terms is Kylo taking over the first order.

There were pictures taken at the screening including the opening crawl.

@LN78 its interesting. For the most part, the blue-tick shills are busy shilling. If TROS performs badly, I'm pretty sure the narrative will be that the film is what it is because of the fans general dislike of TLJ and Disney's reaction to that being to run back to JJ.

RogerRoger

@Th3solution Hope your budding hype doesn't turn out to be a mistake! I really, really want to come out of the theatre with "that" feeling once more; having skipped The Last Jedi and Solo at the cinema, the last time I felt it was Rogue One, but even then it had been lessened by my general apathy towards The Force Awakens the previous year.

@LN78 @KALofKRYPTON I'm trying to stay balanced. Critics raved about The Last Jedi and of course anybody who gets invited to the premiere is gonna come out going "That was awesome!" because premieres are generally awesome, regardless of the film's actual quality.

Here's hoping George was just busy with other things. He does run his own charity, after all.

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution I've had to tell my news feed that I'm not interested in some of the things I am interested in, just to avoid spoilers. And only watch/read reviews after I've watched the film, if only to avoid the spoilery titles in the reccomendations.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

KALofKRYPTON

I know it's The Verge, so not entirely worthwhile anyway, but it feels like they're clutching at straws already:

"Lightsaber fights are crap because they're using Force FX lightsabers, but the lighting is great" 🙄

https://www.theverge.com/2019/12/17/21024785/star-wars-lights...

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic