Forums

Topic: The Movie Thread

Posts 281 to 300 of 8,929

Rudy_Manchego

@themcnoisy: Don't worry, you are not alone. I really liked Chronicles of Riddick because it is just an out there sequel to Pitch Black. I liked the third but wish they had the budget to follow on the whole underverse thing hinted at in Chronicles.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

themcnoisy

@Rudy_Manchego: Apparently there's strong rumours of a final film!

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

crippyd

Watched Jurassic World last night and enjoyed it. It is quite similar to Jurassic Park and good for a bit of blockbuster entertainment without having to get too intellectual.

crippyd

Tasuki

@crippyd: I will say Jurassic World was what the franchise needed. I remember loving the first one when I saw it in theaters but the second and third on, meh. I went in thinking that Jurassic World was going to be a disappointment like the last two but wow what a surprise it was. I wouldnt say it was better then the first one but just as good.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Drawfull

@WanderingBullet: Watching it now, I'm easily pleased, but it looks good so far. The -can't do spoilers but a three is involved- at the start is awesomely well done

Drawfull

PSN: slamdunkfunkk

crippyd

@Tasuki I can't comment on the other two Jurassic films as I don't remember them but I agree with your comment regarding the original.

crippyd

Speedy67

Last movie I watched was O Brother, Where Art Thou?, which is the Coen brothers' best film. Also watched Emperor's New Groove, which is just as good as I remembered.

Next film I plan to watch is Nightcrawler, any thoughts on that?

We all know the world needs Kentucky Fried Duck.
My website: https://stuffandthatreviews.wordpress.com/

PSN: Skymister01 | Twitter:

RR529

Spectre (DVD) - The newest Bond flick. Had some really good fight & vehicle chase scenes. Unfortunately I didn't catch much on the story, because the rest of the family was yapping to each other the whole time (only that the bad guys would have had some sort of constant global surveillance).

the Fast & the Furious (Netflix) - I've actually never seen any of these before now, but since Netflix currently has the first 3 (though losing the 2nd one at the start of the month), so I figured I'd give them a go. I actually liked it a lot more than I thought I would. I wasn't a big fan of the music selection (not big on rap/hip-hop), but many of the car designs looked pretty cool & it had a lot of great race/chase scenes. It's not avant-garde art for sure, but it delivers exactly what you'd expect it to, so yeah, it was pretty fun.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

usb

@speedy67 I watched Nightcrawler I thought it was a decent film and well acted by the main actor Jake G I think it is. Creepy film that draws you in.

Watched The Vacation a truly awful film. Thats 1h 40 minutes of my life that I wasted. The original films were decent at the time but what they have done to it now on what they did in the past.

Please watch the language -Tasuki-

Edited on by Tasuki

usb

PSN: noodledreamz

Speedy67

@themcnoisy: Best film of all time is The Lord of the Rings: the Two Towers, and the worst of all time is Space Chimps 2. I can do a top films list, but not in order;

LOTR: The Two Towers,
LOTR: Fellowship of the Ring,
LOTR: Return of the King,
The Dark Knight,
The Dark Knight Rises,
Rush Hour,
Chicken Run,
Tongan Ninja,
Toy Story,
Toy Story 2,
Toy Story 3,
Ghostbusters,
Star Wars Episode IV,
Star Wars Episode V,
Star Wars Episode VII,
Back to the Future: Part I,
Ratatouille,
Men in Black,
The Emperor's New Groove,
Life of Pi,
Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl,
Wallace & Gromit: Curse of the Were-Rabbit,
Monsters, Inc.,
The Incredibles,
Raiders of the Lost Ark,
The Hobbit: the Desolation of Smaug,
Guardians of the Galaxy,
Spirited Away,
Spider-Man 2,
Johnny English,
Skyfall,
School of Rock,
The Iron Giant,
Nacho Libre,
Shanghai Noon,
Up,
Super 8,
The Spongebob Squarepants Movie (o boi).

Worst films list:

Space Chimps 2,
Independence Day: Resurgence,
Zoolander 2,
High School Musical 2,
The Little Panda Fighter,
Ice Spiders,
Ratatoing,
Star Wars Episode I,
Dragon Ball Evolution,
Santa Claus Conquers the Martians,
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen.

Speedy67

Aww crap, that was the first page? I goofed.

Oh well, now you know which films I love and hate.

Anchorsam_9

@Speedy67: I actually really liked Independence Day: Resurgence. Sure, it was dumb, but it wasn't insultingly dumb, so it was great!

Anchorsam_9

Twitter:

Speedy67

@Quintumply: Yep. It is indeed.

@Anchorsam_9: I thought it was insultingly dumb, incredibly so. If you want to see how much I hated it find my review of it on my website link. I was offended by its awfulness.

Anchorsam_9

@Speedy67: I'll give it a looker. I get that it has the Roland Emmerich problem that there are way too many plotlines going on at one time (in particular the ship tracking crew was pointless) but I enjoyed how everything felt tongue-in-cheek and comically overblown. Seeing all the old actors (especially Judd Hirsch, who had some unintentionally hilarious scenes) back in action was fun, and I did like the story of the squadron of fighter pilots, but it's nowhere near as good as the original film. Sure, it's not a good film at all, but I found it fun to watch because it didn't seem to take itself seriously enough.

Then again, it could be that I'm a sucker for Jeff Goldblum.

Anchorsam_9

Twitter:

RR529

2 Fast 2 Furious (Netflix) - Pretty much more of the same (though the cast was almost completely new), but that's not really a bad thing when the car scenes are done so well. Pretty fun.

the Fast & the Furious: Tokyo Drift (Netflix) - With a completely new cast, this one sees a teenage street racer moving to Japan after getting in trouble at home, though old habits die hard. This one was pretty decent as well.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

WanderingBullet

What do guys think of the new Deathstroke's costume? Personally, apart from the headgear that looks more like a helmet rather than a mask, I think it looks okay.

Untitled
Untitled

Also, Jason Mamoa's is rumored to be starring as Eric Draven in The Crow reboot. Haven't seen his acting before but it seems that a lot of people are unhappy with both the casting choice and the decision to reboot the movie.

Huntin' monsters erryday.

Speedy67

@Anchorsam_9: Didja read my review? I guess I don't have the same connection to the actors or the film series, partly because I didn't see the first film, but I didn't think any of the actors did a good job in the film anyway, even Jeff Goldblum. I thought the fact it was overblown was a huge problem because everything was just ridiculously over-the-top and dumb, and the fun was sucked out of the film because of the awful script, acting, crappy plot, etc. It wasn't so bad it was good either, I'm sorry.

Speedy67

Has anyone here seen The Equalizer? I thought it was pretty good, not great. Started quietly and some of the dialogue was dumb, but Denzel Washington was awesome and the Russian villain guy was perfect, and there was some brutal action. Gonna watch TurboKid next, or Cheap Thrills.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic