Forums

Topic: The Movie Thread

Posts 2,521 to 2,540 of 8,907

RogerRoger

@Th3solution If that turns out to be the case, I'm totally gonna pinch that analogy for my inevitable "so I've just been to see The Rise of Skywalker..." post in December.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger Ha! Probably in some circles.
It's pure pedantry (which I'm OK with), but in TFA and TLJ, everyone using the 'not activation button' to activate the saber really grinds my gears!

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

redd214

That Star Wars trailer looks awesome! Making our way through the movies now since Ive never really seen any of them. Looking forward to seeing it this Christmas!

redd214

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger Also, yeah the odd use of the prequel stuff in the clip was a big jarring.

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Th3solution

@RogerRoger You’re welcome to it! I am an analogy making machine! There’s more where that came from. 😆

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

@Th3solution What, more analogies or more chocolate cake?

Because I could sure go for some chocolate cake.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

WanderingBullet

The new Joker final trailer's terrific. Hyped for the movie.

Also, there are theories online that his character isn't even the real Joker.

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

WanderingBullet

@LN78 I'm not familiar with that movie. Was it any good?

Since it's a new origin story, I do wonder if Joaquin Phoenix's character ends up killing Thomas Wayne, though.

WanderingBullet

@LN78 Thanks.

Joker is a standalone film. It's most likely an Elseworlds story. The reason why people are saying he's not the real Joker but will serve as inspiration for the real Joker that Batman faces later on is because of the age difference. His character in the movie looks like he's 30 years older than young Bruce Wayne.

WanderingBullet

@LN78 Haha. It's a low budget movie. Reportedly only cost $55 million to make.

HallowMoonshadow

Joker is apparently going to be part of a series or at least a new anthology of sorts

Distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures, it is intended to launch DC Black, a series of DC-based films separate from the DC Extended Universe (DCEU).

From Wikipedia

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

KALofKRYPTON

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy
Interesting!

I wonder if they're finally going to move ahead with the JL Dark project, or perhaps some of the defunct imprints.

Here's hoping for a Transmet' film!

HallowMoonshadow

Warner Bros. intends for Joker to launch DC Black, a line of DC Comics-based films unrelated to the DCEU with darker, more experimental material, similar to comic imprints such as Elseworlds.

Also from Wikipedia @KALofKRYPTON , there's some planning for a sequel maybe too if Phoenix wants to

I just want Joker to be good... That's all... Please don't fudge it up DC 😂

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

KALofKRYPTON

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I'm still not particularly sold on Joker. I don't think for a second that it'll be a bad film, far from it probably - but just one that I'm not all that interested in seeing.

Hopefully they actually take up some of the other imprints. There's really good stuff there.
Fortunately I've zero faith in WB - so I'll not be holding my breath.

@LN78 Ha! I always wanted them them to make it in the 90's and cast Patrick Stewart.

KALofKRYPTON

@LN78 I think MCO and Transmet' are disparate enough in approach to work. And as much as I'd love for Rebellion to come up with the goods for MCO - I'll believe it when I see it.

Transmet' would work very well as a TV show. I could buy Hiddleston as Spider, in fact - that could be a masterful bit of casting (if the House of Mouse hasn't got him locked out of other publisher's roles) - but I'd rather crap in my hands and clap than see Hardy as Spider.

RogerRoger

@WanderingBullet

WanderingBullet wrote:

Also, there are theories online that his character isn't even the real Joker.

Something tells me that they're gonna take some inspiration from Gotham's approach to the Joker character, too, at least in its early days.

I won't elaborate in case you haven't seen Gotham, but it could be interesting if done right.

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger ah the old 'look how perfect this casting is and how well it's going but, nah, we're doing this instead'.

WanderingBullet

@RogerRoger Nah, it's cool. The first few episodes of Gotham Season 1 were enough for me. haha

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Hence why they reversed all of their decisions later on, although by that point the show was bonkers enough to be able to justify it... but yeah, that. The whole idea of the Joker being a crowdsourced, grassroots movement and a twisted inspirational beacon of anarchic hope to certain types of people.

All this being said, I read an article in Empire magazine whereby the filmmakers explicitly said that they're just wanting to tell this one, standalone story in a really unique way.

So I doubt we'll ever see a sequel, nor will it ever be connected to other Batman films.

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@WanderingBullet You're not alone in that view, so no worries!

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic