Forums

Topic: The Movie Thread

Posts 2,121 to 2,140 of 8,895

Th3solution

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy oh yeah, you get plenty of fish bowl exposure! 😅

@WanderingBullet You may want to spoiler tag that — most people probably know Mysterio ends up being the bad buy but a lot of people don’t. I didn’t know he was going to be the villain until the reveal in the bar.

@FullbringIchigo Yeah, I see what your saying. When the hero becomes public enemy no. 1. It worked well in Dark Knight because Batman is a dark and mysterious character. Spidey is the “friendly neighborhood webslinger” who is a goofy teenager. So it will be interesting if they can pull it off. The post credits scene was awesome but it’s getting a little exhausting not knowing what’s real, what’s illusion anymore. That was my complaint about that

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

HallowMoonshadow

Ha ha ha Well Mysterio's my favourite spidey villain @Th3solution

I love that classic design with the fishbowl helmet And I quite like that compared to most the other villians he ONLY has illusions and special effects... and sometimes hypnosis then any super powers

I take it Gyllenhaal plays him and the part well?

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Th3solution

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Oh Yeah, I liked Gyllenhaal in the role. I think you’ll enjoy it.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Ralizah

I'll be skipping Spider-Man, I think. I'll catch it on video, or maybe see it on a slow weekend. This week, for me, is all about Midsommar. I really liked Hereditary, so I'm excited to see how this film turns out.

Today, though, is an American holiday, and there's only one film that's fit to watch on this exalted occasion: the classic 90's sci-fi/action film Independence Day.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

JohnnyShoulder

@Ralizah Didn't realise Midsommar was from the same director as Hereditary. My interest has definetly piqued in it now.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

KALofKRYPTON

@Ralizah @JohnnyShoulder
Midsommar looks good, every time I see the trailer though it just makes me want to watch The Wicker Man.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

JohnnyShoulder

@KALofKRYPTON Hopefully not the Nic Cage version!

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

KALofKRYPTON

@JohnnyShoulder There is no Nic Cage version... shhhh!

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

FullbringIchigo

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo Stop it!

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON
...NO

Untitled

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

KALofKRYPTON

Ralizah

@KALofKRYPTON It definitely looks like a properly scary reworking of The Wicker Man. While I like me some moody nighttime horror, daytime horror, properly composed, can also be quite compelling. And I really dig the discordant visual elements: sunshine, happy-looking Swedish people, flowers, and folkdances combined with apparently really brutal and disturbing violence and imagery.

@FullbringIchigo I've never seen the remake. I wonder if it was before or after the scene where they film a bear-suited Nicolas Cage comedically punching a woman in the face that they realized the whole "horror" part of their "horror movie" had kind of slipped away from them.

FullbringIchigo

@Ralizah honestly it's worth one watch just to see how bad it really is

JohnnyShoulder

@FullbringIchigo @Ralizah @KALofKRYPTON It falls into the so bad its almost good to no this is really bad category. Funny for all the wrong reasons and has to go down as one of the worst remakes ever, and that is saying something.

KALofKRYPTON

@Ralizah as @JohnnyShoulder says, it's a terrible film.
One of the few that I would actually write off as completely irredeemable.

FullbringIchigo

@Ralizah yeah there is something about a bad horror movie isn't there, something you just can't quite explain

Ralizah

@FullbringIchigo @KALofKRYPTON Honestly, at least The Wicker Man seems to be good for laughing at. Nicholas Cage is the Orson Welles of enjoyably bad acting. It's worthwhile in that regard.

Some movies are... just bad. Not so bad they're good. So bad they're just... really bad. Watch Krampus: The Reckoning, for example, and tell me honestly that any bit of that movie ever gave real joy to one person on this Earth.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic