Forums

Topic: The Movie Thread

Posts 1,681 to 1,700 of 8,929

Gremio108

Watched Ready Player One last night. What a mess.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

themcnoisy

@mookysam Have you seen 12 Monkeys too? It's amazing. Very underrated imo.

Lego Movie is sooooo funny. Although I'm not so fond of the real life scenes, kind of ruins the flow of the film.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

mookysam

@themcnoisy Not seen that (or heard of it). What type of film is it?

The real-world stuff in Lego Movie was weird. It could've definitely done without it. Aside from that it was ace. I had "Everything is Awesome" stuck in my head for about a fortnight after watching it!

@Gremio108 Fell asleep watching it a few weeks ago. I couldn't get into it. 😂

Edited on by mookysam

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Gremio108

@mookysam There was a point where it looked like it was going to get good. But oh boy, did it not get good.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

JohnnyShoulder

@Gremio108 Yeah what a wasted opportunity RPO was.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

themcnoisy

@mookysam 12 Monkeys is a post apocalyptic thriller / mystery / steampunkish sci-fi

It's great. Some massive disaster hits the Earth. The 1% of People who survived live underground. Bruce Willis is sent back in time to find out information. But goes too far to the wrong date (1990) and gets sectioned where he meets Brad Pitt as an inmate. I have read up on it since and the script alone cost $1mil. Its brilliant.

Edited on by themcnoisy

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Kidfried

Twelve Monkeys - the film is super special. Watch!

Kidfried

RR529

Bleach (Netflix Original Film) - Japanese produced live action adaptation of the popular manga/anime. Really don't waste your time on this. It has the typical concessions of adaptations of this type, reworking an entire arc's worth of story into a less than 2 hour runtime, and while that's understandable, there's still a lot of stuff (including characters) they had to omit, and overall the film was simply a bore for most of it's runtime, and the costuming was particularly low budget with the actors looking like they were just wearing store bought Bleach cosplay outfits. The climactic battle was actually pretty fun in a cheesy sort of way, but that in itself isn't enough to save the film.

I actually kinda liked the live action FMA film, but not this one.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

jacobia

@kyleforrester87 The 12 Monkeys tv show is good. I don’t remember everything about it, or the original movie, but I think the show incorporates the basic plot and then expands exponentially (love that word) to evolve it’s own lore.

It isn’t a dream
You only heard yourself
The means of your life
Create and melt

PSN: jacobia

JohnnyShoulder

Watched Terminal the other night. Not to be confused with The Terminal with Tom Hanks, this stars Margot Robbie, Simon Pegg, Dexter Fletcher (Press Gang!), Max Irons and Mike Myers. Most of the cast do a great job, MR steals the show with Irons the weakest imo. He came across as too posh for his role in some scenes
It's a bit bonkers but not as clever as it thinks it is. It is a neo-noir which has got a unique look, the lighting and cinematography is excellent. The story is ok up to a point, i thought the twists were pulled off without any conviction and lacked any real punch. I'm not one that tries to actively second guess the outcome of films, but I saw one of the twist coming a mile off. More savvy people will probably see them all.
It is probably worth a watch, i found it a bit different from what I've watched recently and I'm a bit of a sucker for neo-noir. But I can see some people totally hating it lol.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

RogerRoger

Yesterday I watched Gravity and really enjoyed it. I don't usually do "sustained tension" all that well but the promise of long, lingering shots of Earth from space and two great actors (Sandra Bullock, who just isn't in enough, and George Clooney, who kinda is but it's still always nice to see him) drew me in. I also got distracted by the cinematography and the apparent lack of edits; amazing what we can do with CGI and digital manipulation nowadays, it really made it feel unique.

None of the twists or developments surprised me (I knew the experienced astronaut would die and the focus would be on the inexperienced doctor, and totally knew that Clooney wasn't really there when he popped back up again) but that's okay, because the execution and delivery were of such high quality that it remained entertaining throughout.

Watched it on Netflix and despite apparently having 4K streaming, it didn't look as sharp as I'd hoped for, so will likely spring for the Blu-Ray at some point and drool over those space shots again.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger Glad you enjoyed it! It was a for more enjoyable experience in the cinema, so much more immersive! It almost makes me wanna watch the upcoming re-release in some IMAX screens.

EDIT: Whoops, I was reading an outdated article!

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Aah, rats. That might've been something to actually get me to a cinema!

No worries, though. One day I'll have a TV big enough!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Ralizah

Watched Replicas on Sunday. It's a movie that's teetering on "so-bad-it's-good" territory. The plot is confused. The 'science' is complete nonsense. Keanu Reeves is at his Keanu Reeves-iest here. The acting is all terrible, with some of the most inadvertently funny line readings I've seen in years. The special effects are so bad that they look like something out of a low-budget movie from the early 90's.

I enjoyed it, though. It was fun rubbish.

Also watched The Upside, which I didn't care for aside from Cranston's excellent-as-usual acting. The story is kind of off-putting to begin with (an ex-con, played by Hart, helps a paralyzed millionaire, played by Cranston, to see the true meaning of life with his street wisdom or something), and while Kevin Hart clearly has his routine down and performs it well, I find him obnoxious and feel a lot of second-hand embarrassment watching him. It also represents something I hate, being a remake of a successful French film: Hollywood's continual insistence on strip-mining foreign cinema for ideas, often erasing public consciousness of the smaller budget, and usually artistically superior, foreign originals in the first place.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

FullbringIchigo

@Ralizah yes i saw that

i may have fanboyed a little
Untitled

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Ralizah

Hopefully this one comes and goes with a minimum of drummed-up drama.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

KALofKRYPTON

Urgh...
The game was as close to a decent sequel as we'll get.

Also. I think that's the wrong car.

Should be ECTO-1 A

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON i think it's just for advertising to let us know THIS is the original Ghostbusters because it certainly isn't the reboot Ecto-1, the back end is all wrong for that see

Original
Untitled

Reboot
Untitled

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic