Forums

Topic: The Movie Thread

Posts 1,521 to 1,540 of 8,893

jacobia

@JohnnyShoulder Thanks for the heads up, I’ve added it to my to watch list.

It isn’t a dream
You only heard yourself
The means of your life
Create and melt

PSN: jacobia

Ralizah

@jacobia Haven't seen Siccin, but it looks interesting, so I'll definitely be checking it out!

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

andreoni79

Tonight, guess why, I'm gonna watch "A fistful of dollars" by Sergio Leone.

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

Th3solution

Anyone excited for Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald? Why does it feel like the Harry Potter universe has jumped the shark? The movie is quietly only a week away from release.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

jacobia

@Th3solution Me! Don’t know if I’m excited enough to go see it at the cinema, though. I’ve got the 1st one on Blu-ray, and whilst I liked it, it didn’t have that same oomph as the Harry Potter movies. Although saying that, Fantastic Beasts’ job was to set up the characters and I think the new one will be more exciting. So yeah, probably will go see it at the cinema!

It isn’t a dream
You only heard yourself
The means of your life
Create and melt

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution Not sure about 'quietly', every other advert on YouTube is for the film. Maybe they are promoting it more here in the UK?

Not really excited for it, but I was never a huge HP fan (unless we are talking about the sauce) although I did enjoy the films. The first Fantastic Beasts was ok, I can remember a couple of actors in got on my nerves a bit.

TBF though I've not been hyped for a movies in months. Infinity War has seemed to sucked all my enthusiasm for going to the Cinema recently.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder Yeah, maybe I’m unfairly projecting my own general lack of enthusiasm for any movie releases onto the general populace. I saw a trailer for Crimes of Grindelwald for the first time yesterday and it took me by surprise because honestly I had forgotten the film existed and here it is releasing. I don’t spend a ton of time on YouTube, I admit, but when I have I have seen nary a promo for it. The trailer I was was on TV, something I also rarely ever watch.
But I’m with you, I just don’t feel any anticipation for any movies lately. Maybe that says more about me than it does about a lack of marketing or hype for what should be a blockbuster film.
I used to keep up with movies and anticipate big releases years in advance, but nowadays I’m much more prone to stay on top of video game releases.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

FullbringIchigo

@Th3solution Harry Potter jumped the shark when they did the Cursed Child, far to many changes and contradictions in that but then again it's just fan fiction anyway because JK didn't even write any of it

as for Fantastic Beasts i'll be honest the first wasn't bad but i have only watched it the once and never felt the need to watch it again where as i can watch the Harry Potter films over and over so i'm not excited by FB2 but i still want to watch it if that makes sense?

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Th3solution

@FullbringIchigo Makes sense. I’m the same. I didn’t read Cursed Child but I liked the first Beasts movie, but didn’t quite feel the magic that the originals had 😉. But I’ll probably be one of the shmucks standing in line next week to see this one because I’ll be with family for Thanksgiving and everyone will probably want to go see it. And I’ll probably enjoy it, but I’m just not excited for it, so yes - it makes perfect sense.

BAMozzy

I am not really a HP fan and never excited enough to pay to go and watch movies at the cinema - they can always wait until they come to Sky (or now Netflix) as part of my subscription. I pay enough for these so not going to pay for a few months or so earlier viewing.

Fantastic Beasts though does look interesting and the first was OK - not that I would know how good a representation of the books and lore it was. It was decent enough that I would watch a sequel.

There are still films that released months ago that I am waiting to see - Avengers: Infinity War, Ant Man and the Wasp, Jurassic Park, Deadpool 2, Ready Player One, Tomb Raider, Solo to name a few of the more 'high profile' films. I can wait to watch the new Fantastic Beasts LOL

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

KALofKRYPTON

Saw Bohemiam Rhapsody - it's as good as it is bad. The good largely coming from the supporting cast (not Rami Malek) and the music; the bad from Malek's casting, dental prosthetic and dare I say it, his almost diminutive femininity. He came across as utterly fragile, physically mostly - which Freddie didn't until near the end.

Bit of a shame, but the ultimate result of what is largely a May/Taylor vanity project.

I get the feeling that Rocketman (the Elton John biopic) won't pull it's punches in the same way.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

jacobia

@KALofKRYPTON That’s good to know, as I’ve been in two minds about going to see this. I think I’ll wait till it’s on dvd or a streaming service and save my money for Suspiria 👻

It isn’t a dream
You only heard yourself
The means of your life
Create and melt

KALofKRYPTON

@jacobia there's stuff to like for sure, but lots of inaccuracies; if you're a casual Queen fan, it'll be a blast.

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

jacobia

@KALofKRYPTON Yeah, I fit into the ‘casual fan’ category, but because I am unfortunately unemployed at the moment, I’m definitely saving my pennies for Suspiria. I am super duper pooper hyped to see it!

It isn’t a dream
You only heard yourself
The means of your life
Create and melt

WanderingBullet

Watch The Great Battle (Korean movie) and thought it was not bad.

https://www.star2.com/entertainment/2018/11/01/great-battle-k...

I was surprised to find out that the production cost for the movie was only $16.7 million. Which explains why the CGI in a lot of scenes didn't look very good. Compared that to a Hollywood production like Bohemian Rhapsody which cost $52 million to make.

I'm also planning to watch Rampant next.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBAK8AF6rsg

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

RogerRoger

JohnnyShoulder wrote:

Batman Ninja is now on Netflix in the UK.

It joins Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice, which got added last week (although it's only the theatrical cut, so it's unfortunately the lesser version).

I'm hoping this is the start of a decent Netflix / DC partnership, since Disney are trying to take back all the Marvel stuff for their own worldwide streaming service. We already know that DC's streaming service is US only, and so its content will be on Netflix internationally. With any luck, it'll lead to more DC shows and films popping up.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger it boggles my mind that WB would still continue to distribute BvS in anything other than the ultimate cut.

Morons.

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON I think WB are just bitter against Snyder at this point, since they so spectacularly failed to do any better after firing him. Releasing the theatrical cut of BvS on Netflix certainly goes against why they forced Snyder to trim a brilliant film into a mediocre one ("three hours is too long for the cinema").

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Kidfried

@KALofKRYPTON Funny you should say that. Most reviews I read praise Malek's performance as one of the few redeeming features of the film.

Not that it really matters, anyone can see. No way I'll ever watch it.

Kidfried

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic