Forums

Topic: The Movie Thread

Posts 121 to 140 of 8,903

RR529

Last night I watched Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle (Netflix).

Much like the first, it isn't something I'd ever add to my collection, but I enjoyed it in that casual kind of way. Another textbook example of a 3/5 on the Netflix rating scale.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Anchorsam_9

I saw Deadpool, and it was a lot better than I expected. I wasn't expecting much, but they really knocked it out of the part - so many excellent jokes. If you liked the film or Deadpool in general, play the game - it's got the same humour type as the movie and it's also great.

Also has anyone seen Zoolander 2 yet? I really loved the first film but I've heard that it's "walk out midway through the film" awful.

Anchorsam_9

Twitter:

BigP

@Anchorsam_9: I saw Deadpool other night and thought it was great! Surprised me tbh, was a good laugh throughout. And I may look at getting the game when I'm done with Batman and Uncharted 3, does it have a retail release or just digital?

BigP

Anchorsam_9

@Patinator: Pretty sure it's digital only for PS4, though there might be some second hand retail copies for PS3 if you have one

@Hego The jokes with the Deadpool's blind roommate pretty much had me in tears. One of the funniest movies I've seen in a while

Anchorsam_9

Twitter:

themcnoisy

Watched Bachelorettes last night. Its okay, but after so many American /reunion / wedding / early twenties films it ran practically beat for beat like other films I've watched recently. 5/10

@RR529: The last samurai is a classic. Great watch.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Anchorsam_9

Did anyone watch the BAFTAs yesterday? It was obvious that The Revenant was going to win, though to be honest I kind of with Star Wars was in the running - that might be the fanboy in me talking, though!

Anchorsam_9

Twitter:

Octane

@Anchorsam_9: I've seen The Revenant, it was good, but it wasn't amazing. I enjoyed Star Wars more. Hateful Eight was my personal favourite along with Star Wars.

Octane

usb

Watched San Andreas typical distaster movie some of the special effects looked good but others just looked bad. It was really a paint by numbers movie which has been done better before. Characters seemed selfish as well.

Spooks the movie. Loved the TV series and the movie follows the same formula. Enjoyable and makes you think about some of the tough decisions people have to make and the value of one life over another. f you like the TV series then watch the movie if not a lot of the references will not make sense.

Insidious Chapter 3. Decent movie not as good as the first two but gives you some background as its a prequel. Some genuine jumps but the movie seems to have been made for 3D so some scenes just seem to look a little odd and do not quite fit.

Demonic. Good horror movie with some good scares, jumps and twists. Typical hand held camera type filming for a lot of the film mixed in with tradional style shots. If you like horror then its worth seeing. Nothing new but all done well.

Antman I did not go see this in the cinema because the trailers did not convince me I would like the film. Generally I like Marvel films even though they keep to a set formula. Can not say I liked Antman very much so much so that I was surfing the internet after getting through an hour of the movie. Not sure if it was the casting or story that put me off.

usb

PSN: noodledreamz

RR529

Just finished up watching Sin City (Netflix).

It was really, really dark, but a great watch. I loved it's unique visual style, all three stories had me hooked, and I liked how they sort of intertwined. Can't believe it took me so long to get around to it.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Anchorsam_9

Has anyone seen Steve Jobs? I've heard a lot of good things about it and I'm wondering whether to get it

Anchorsam_9

Twitter:

themcnoisy

@Anchorsam_9: Not yet - but will watch it later this week.

Currently watching terminator genisys - started unbelievably. So good, the bridge punk scene and reece in the clothes store were tremendous throwbacks to the first film. Then after 35 mins the film became cringe worthy and stupid 'i had a dream of another life in 2017' - who would run with that? Completely ridiculous. From such an amazing start - to not only underwhelming but embarrassing and really frustrating to watch. John Connor turning on human kind? No way - it would never happen. I don't understand why the later Terminator films feel the need to constantly explain what's going on. The first film was a thriller/chase film with hardly any exposition. The weird time travelling and explanations of time travel were so bad, in such a serious film they cant get away with camp back to the future esque nonsense. Right now I've paused the film and expect a giant squid with water pistols to come and save the day - as its completely ridiculous!

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

WanderingBullet

Finally, watched Deadpool earlier today and I really enjoyed it. Ryan Reynold's nailed it as the merc with the mouth and I even liked the inclusion of both Colossus and Negasonic Teenage Warhead. It had so many funny reference jokes, my favorites were the ones involving David Beckham, Wolverine (Hugh Jackman), Professor X, Colossus and Negasonic Teenage Warhead.

I'll definitely be getting the Blu-ray when it comes out.

Oh, yeah. For those who plan on watching it in the theaters, just make to stick around till after the end credits finishes.

Next up, Batman v. Superman. I'll have to say that I'm not sold on the movie but I'll be watching it anyways. Based on the fight scenes involving Batman in the trailers, I think its the closes to comics (more agile unlike previous live-action Batmans) and to me thats a good thing.

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

Octane

Deadpool was "meh". It was funny, but it wasn't a good movie. I found The Hateful Eight funnier, despite not being a comedy.

Octane

RR529

Tonight I watched Tokyo Tribe (Netflix).

In this movie, the entirety of Tokyo is a run down ghetto run by various rival gangs, but their way of life is threatened when the strongest gang of them all aims to take control of the entire city.

Filled with an endless stream of gangsta rap, it was a movie I really didn't care for by the time it was over. I'm generally not a fan of hip-hop (especially the F-bomb riddled variety on offer here), while the things they did were deplorable, the main villain was so over the top that I never really took him seriously, and I don't think they spent enough time with the one "good" gang before the s*** hit the fan to make me really feel for them. Also, it was just odd in places.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

RR529

Tonight I watched Teen Witch (Netflix)!

A Typical cliché story about an unpopular high school teen discovering she's a witch, using said powers to become popular, then learning what's really important in life. It's a complete 80's cheese fest, but that's what I was looking for going in, so it did the trick. I really enjoyed the 80's pop music.

Funny thing is, I'm not even from the 80's...

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

SilentJ

@RR529 Wow! I haven't seen Teen Witch in ages.

PSN ID : MrPink78

RR529

SilentJ wrote:

@RR529 Wow! I haven't seen Teen Witch in ages.

I actually never watched it before. I think I may actually remember seeing one or two scenes before (didn't notice until I started watching it), so one of my older cousins (who were 80's kids) may have watched/had it at some point when I was really, really little.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

RR529

No Oscars talk yet? Anyway, here's my thoughts:

• Chris Rock did an okay job as host. It's not that he wasn't funny, in fact I thought he did a really good job at handling the controversy. However, he was pretty one note, as that's pretty much all he did during the night. I felt like it would have had more impact had the subject been brought up only during the monologue, but it felt like they were trying to overcompensate by how much they dragged it on, and by the end of the night it was like "Okay, we get it".
  • Sacha Baron Cohen was by far the most embarrassing part of the night, what an absolute boob. His racist, lowbrow humor never has a place during an event like this, and it felt even more inappropriate during this particular event, with the issues going on.
  • On a more positive note, I liked the skits with C3PO, R2D2, & BB-B, and Buzz & Woody, and the Minions.
  • Finally, congratulations to the winners. I don't root for anything in particular, because I don't go to the movies that often, and while I'm aware of most of the films highlighted, I still like to see if there's anything interesting I'd like to see on home video.
  • From all the movies nominated (in various categories), I'd like to see Bridge of Spies, Creed, Disney's Cinderella, Disney/Pixar's Inside Out, Ex-Machina, Mad Max: Fury Road, Martian, the, Revanent, the *, *Son of Saul, Star Wars: the Force Awakens, and When Marnie was Here.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

RR529

Last night I watched Stardust (Netflix)!

Set in 1800's England, a young man travels to a magical kingdom to collect a fallen star as a token of love to the girl he wants to marry. However, what he finds is more than he bargained for, and he finds himself on an adventure filled with witches, sky pirates, a royal power struggle, and more. It won't rock your world, but it's a wonderfully made fantasy adventure.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic