Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 881 to 900 of 10,078

Th3solution

I wonder if I’m getting enough sleep. How much sleep do people usually get?
I try for 7-8 hrs, but I usually end up getting 5-6 and sometimes I’ll go several days just getting 4-5. Life is too short to spend half of it sleeping. But then if I push myself too much I feel like garbage during the day.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Kidfried

@Th3solution More sleep = living longer, or so I've been told.

I have a very irregular day/night cycle, varying between 4 and 8 hours of sleep throughout the week.

I know I should listen to my body, going to bed when I'm tired, getting up when I'm fit. Unfortunately, appointments, gaming and life in general, often stand in the way between me and my bed.

Average is 6 hours for me!

Kidfried

BAMozzy

@Th3solution I think Sleep varies according to age. Babies for example need a LOT more sleep than Adults and you tend to need less as you get older. The 7-8hrs sleep is not necessarily beneficial for everyone and some may find its 'too much', that leaves them feeling more 'tired', slower reactions etc. I get 4-5hrs as standard - sometimes less and rarely more but there are numerous different factors that can govern how much sleep you 'need' and sleep you actually get. If you are a lot more active both mentally and physically, that can affect the amount of sleep you need compared to someone who does very little all day.

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

KALofKRYPTON

@Th3solution 4-5 hours in the week. Occasionally lie in at the weekend.

I used to sleep a lot more, I'd say up to my early 20s. Since then I've been dependent on contact lenses for workable vision, so once they're out, I can't see much of anything and get migraine if I try to - nor can I sleep in them. That tends to lead me to stay awake rather late so that I'm dead on my feet by the time I take them out and can get to sleep.

Work then dictates getting up relatively early.

I probably could, and should sleep more though.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Octane

I get 7-8 hours of sleep a day. Any less, and I'm an absolute wreck.

Octane

Fight_Teza_Fight

Back when I was at Uni, 3-4 hours would be enough. I was most productive at night with a flask of green tea .
Nowadays I need about 5 hours and I’m good to go.

Honestly I can’t remember the last time I had a 8/9 hour sleep.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

FullbringIchigo

i get about 4 to 6 a day, i generally finish work about 4am, normally get to sleep about 5 or 6am and get up sometime between 10am and 12pm

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Rudy_Manchego

I am having issues with sleep at the moment. I aim for 6-7 hours but not sleeping properly when asleep and waking up exhausted. My wife blames gaming as she says it stimulates my brain before sleep. Obviously that is preposterous and I have threatened divorce for such spurious.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Th3solution

@Rudy_Manchego Ha, ha! Yeah, I have actually heard that one should limit their ‘screen time’ before sleep. Something about photostimulation of the eye causing hormones to surge and circadian rhythm problems or some such nonsense

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Rudy_Manchego

@Th3solution All pesudo science and mumbo jumbo I'm sure (even if I do sleep better if I haven't gamed).

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Tasuki

I am lucky if I can get 8 hours of sleep. Usually I get anywhere between 4 and 6 and that's if my insomia decides to let me. Every so often I will sleep about 10 hours but that's rare usually about once a month or so.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

RogerRoger

My average is between two and three hours a night, usually broken. Every now and again, maybe once every ten days or so, I'll collapse for about six or seven hours of unbroken sleep because otherwise I think I'd be dead.

The ideal is eight. That's what we're all supposed to aim for, and yes, it's got to be REM sleep.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Haruki_NLI

Speaking of sleep, mine was broken by a call for an interview! Actual bloody progress!

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

RogerRoger

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger It does lead to Shiny Happy People...

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Jaz007

Does anyone else think “The Nobodies” by Marilyn Mansion should be in Kingdom Hearts? I think it fits the Nobodies in the game surprisingly well.

Jaz007

JohnnyShoulder

I usually have about 5-6 hours sleep a night which is usually broken up once or twice. Then I'll have a few days when I will sleep uninterrupted and I don't feel as groggy.

I can remember one weekend last year after a night out I got in at about 4am, slept till about 10am. By about 4pm I was struggling so went to bed think it would be a couple of hours snooze. I ended up sleeping until 7am! I felt good too once I unglued my eyes apart from all the eye bogeys that had formed lol.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic