Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 821 to 840 of 1,393

Gremio108

My internet went down again for a few days. I'm assured it should be permanently fixed now. So I log on to Push Square this morning to find that the Twitter masses mobilised against Kratos. Unbelievable stuff.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

kyleforrester87

@Tasuki @WanderingBullet The rent for a 1 bed flat in London is about half your salary if you're earning £34k which is apparently the average, but that average is probably a bit skewed by some of the mega earners at the very top. Realistically a lot of people are on £27-£30k so you'd be spending over half your rent on a 1 bed flat. The "golden rule" is your rent should be 1/3 so you can see you're going way over, even if you're earning good pay.

For that reason you need to be living in a flat share or living with a partner to make it affordable. When I moved here 10 years ago I rented a room for £500 per month in a 5 bed house that had 7-10 people. I really enjoyed it at the time to be honest but it's not something I'd want to go back to.

Relocating is a lot easier when you're younger and, oddly, you have next to no money.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

DerMeister

@kyleforrester87 I'm 23 and I live in Dallas, Texas. It's a pretty populated city, but even then you'd think it wouldn't be too hard for me to find a job, but it has. I've applied to nearly every place under the sun, but got turned down. I don't have anything against me either, I've never served jail/prison time and obviously I'm legally allowed to work in the country. The only thing I can think of if my lack of work experience (only worked two jobs) and the gap between jobs in my resume.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

Knuckles-Fajita

Good news on a Monday morning, I got past the screening stage of a job apllication. Just had to fill an assessment and then see if anything happens next.

Probably helps I have worked for these guys before, albeit as a three week temporary deal.

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

49/50 followers - Sep 2

LuckyLand

I was wondering: Bethesda often says they are not working on a new main single player TES game, and every time online sites and videogames journalists say they are sure this is not possible, so... could it be that Bethesda is actually not working on a NEW main singleplayer TES game because they are working on the remake of an old one?

Edited on by LuckyLand

I used to be a ripple user like you, then I took The Arrow in the knee

LuckyLand

@JohnnyShoulder Oh I missed it. I still want Oblivion rev 2.0 but this one will be probably interesting too. But this mean that Bethesda often said a false thing in the past (that a new game was not in development) I guess.

I used to be a ripple user like you, then I took The Arrow in the knee

JohnnyShoulder

@LuckyLand To be fair to them, they have only just started working on it and will most likely be a next gen game.

JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@Knuckles-Fajita Congratulations! My fingers are crossed for you (well, not literally, otherwise it'd be a challenge to type this out, but you know what I mean)!

"It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness; that is life."
Cpt. Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate: 42923.4

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo I didn't, so thanks for the heads-up! Not sure quite what to think. On the one hand, I'm pleased for the franchise and this could mean good things; however, my immediate reaction was pretty much as follows:

"There's loads of new Star Trek coming..."

Yay!

"...from the guy who brought you Discovery."

Oh.

"It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness; that is life."

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger to be fair he has made and been involved in some good shows over the years plus he co-created Discovery with Bryan Fuller and most of the changes were Fullers ideas (it's why he got sacked) and he wasn't the show runner either then, it was Gretchen J Berg and Aaron Harberts, the ones who were recently sacked for abusing the cast and crew

Kurtzman actually had very little do do with the first season of Discovery, he was basically the guy upstairs but he is a huge Trekkie and he took over as show runner once the last ones were fired so it's possible he could bring things around

There was nothing wrong with the way FFXIII was, ALL the FF games before it were linear too they hid it better

50 MINUTES OF FFXV POCKET EDITION HD GAMEPLAY: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWbjRhIumxs

"Tea Earl Grey HOT!"

NEW AVATAR!!!!

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo Ah, now that sounds better. I'm not completely clued-up on the behind-the-scenes stories, and the press release made it sound like he'd single-handedly created Discovery. If there's been recent turmoil, I'm not surprised they're trying to steady the starship with such wording.

I'll still be watching Discovery but I'd be more interested in new projects, including animation (been recently watching The Clone Wars and something similar could be an excellent, more practical and much more cost-effective way of bringing back classic spinoff characters who are perhaps too old for their uniforms, in a post-Nemesis adventure or something).

Thanks for the reassurance!

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger you know the Kelvinverse would be perfect for a animated series, think about it they could expand the universe and characters in a way you just can't do in a film

although i'm hoping one of these projects is a Post Nemesis/Countdown series, i wanna see what happens after the destruction of Romulus

There was nothing wrong with the way FFXIII was, ALL the FF games before it were linear too they hid it better

50 MINUTES OF FFXV POCKET EDITION HD GAMEPLAY: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWbjRhIumxs

"Tea Earl Grey HOT!"

NEW AVATAR!!!!

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo There's fertile narrative ground there, for sure. It wouldn't matter that Brent Spiner has aged beyond being able to convincingly play Captain Data if they make him CGI; he can still do the voice perfectly.

Although I'm one of those freaks who didn't mind the visual discrepancy in "These Are The Voyages..." (ENT) when Frakes and Sirtis reprised their role a decade later, yet weren't supposed to have aged. I was just so jazzed about that episode. It's still a personal favourite.

kyleforrester87

I finished today something I've been trying to get a line drawn under for 2 months. Various parties, many of them letting me down. Won't go into detail coz it's boring work stuff, and honestly it wasn't taking up a huge amount of my time, just dragging on and threatening to keep me awake. But damn does it feel good to get that off my back.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Release.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

BAMozzy

So it seems that the main reason that Sony is 'anti-crossplay' is that they don't want you buying things on other platforms and playing them on Sony - whether that's the game, micro-transactional content or DLC. In other words, they want you to spend money in their store and only their store - not buy stuff on Switch/Xbox/PC and have that all on your PS4 because your account is 'linked'. That explains why you have to have a completely 'new' account for Fortnite if you already have one on PS4.

Not to say they don't have other reasons - like 'protecting' its customers from playing with others. They can't exactly 'ban' players on other platforms for not playing nicely. Its a bit like an overbearing parent keeping their 'kids' inside to only play with their brothers/sisters.

It doesn't bother me either way. I have both an Xbox and Playstation so I can play games as I want. If I wanted to play Fortnite online for example, then I can choose to play in a more enclosed system or more open environment. I can see both sides of the argument but cross-play can improve the experience - more people in lobbies, better ping and more chance to find matches in less popular modes - especially long term. If you only have 10000players online on PS4 but 50000 if you added up all players across all systems, you have a better chance of being in lobbies with local people - not a mix of US, UK, rest of EU, Aus, Asia etc...

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Knuckles-Fajita

Wow. Sony never ceases to stop amazing me.

Went to stream Sly 1 on my PS3 via the Trilogy. Weirdly...the Trilogy lets you use the DS4 for navigation but once you load a game....nope. has to be a DS3.

So I get my DS3. Plug it in....nothing. Things dead and only 3 to 4 years old. Same thing happened to my original one.

First the wireless dies, then the controller becomes a paperweight.

So now I need to shop for a mercfiully cheap PS3 controller. Why is the DS4 compatible with the Trilogy until you pick a game? Thats dumb.

Second PS3 controller to die this way in 7 years too.

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

49/50 followers - Sep 2

Tasuki

@Knuckles-Fajita Sony's controllers have always been junk. My original SNES controllers from the 1990s still works just fine. My Genesis, N64 all work just fine too. My PS1, PS2 and PS4 I have replaced numerous times. Heck I am on my 4th PS4 controller.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic